Charles to IR

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports Jamaal Charles needs a second operation on his surgically-repaired right knee.

It could be an exploratory operation, as ESPN's Ed Werder reports both the team and Dr. James Andrews have been unable to determine the source of Charles' continued pain. It's looking extremely unlikely that Charles will be a candidate for return from injured reserve in eight weeks.

Free agent RBs Trent Richardson and Vick Ballard worked out for the Chiefs.

The Chiefs are down a running back after losing Jamaal Charles to injured reserve, and decided to take a look at two former Colts busts. We've heard almost nothing on T-Rich since he was released by the Ravens in the early days of training camp.

Related: Chiefs

Chiefs placed RB Jamaal Charles (knees) on injured reserve.

Per ESPN's Ed Werder, both the team and Dr. James Andrews have been unable to determine the source of Charles' knee pain. The result is a minimum of eight weeks to heal on injured reserve. It's unclear if Charles will be a candidate to return. It effectively ends what's been a lost season for the 29 year old coming off his second career torn ACL. Barring a late-December return, Charles will head into 2017 having carried the ball 83 times since the end of the 2014 season. Kansas City moves forward with Spencer Ware as its workhorse and Charcandrick West as his changeup.

Free agent RBs Trent Richardson and Vick Ballard worked out for the Chiefs.

The Chiefs are down a running back after losing Jamaal Charles to injured reserve, and decided to take a look at two former Colts busts. We've heard almost nothing on T-Rich since he was released by the Ravens in the early days of training camp.
Related: Chiefs

that should be reserved for Tony Richardson not that boob

Is Dr. James Andrew a quack?

starting to look that way surly there is a local guy that is as good or better

In regards to Alex Smith's throwing shoulder injury in San Francisco, I'm not sure if he was the one to do the botched surgery or the one that found out the initial surgery was botched. If that surgery we're done correctly, Smith's throwing arm might've been stronger in terms of velocity. Forgot who it was, but someone said that his arm strength was fine coming out of college but was never the same after the surgery. Again, this is in reference to velocity, not distance.

In regards to Alex Smith's throwing shoulder injury in San Francisco, I'm not sure if he was the one to do the botched surgery or the one that found out the initial surgery was botched. If that surgery we're done correctly, Smith's throwing arm might've been stronger in terms of velocity. Forgot who it was, but someone said that his arm strength was fine coming out of college but was never the same after the surgery. Again, this is in reference to velocity, not distance.

He did Houston's as well I believe. 

I'm remembering the holdout that cap-strapped the team at the beginning of 2014. I don't think the Chiefs got their money's worth. The oft-called "Most Important Offensive Player" hasn't been a critical part of a winning Chiefs team since 2013.

Wishing Jamaal Charles all the best. I'm a little annoyed that I took him in fantasy drafts only to never have the opportunity to start him, but I did pretty good otherwise so it won't kill me.

The only source I found said James Andrews did both the 2007 and 2008 surgeries on Smith's shoulder.

Please elaborate, and site sources.

HGH testing officially began in October 2014, although the feeling was it was flawed early on and likely has been adjusted since.

The following season, Peyton Manning completely falls off a cliff and the amount of beyond human recovery times starts to come to an end.  HGH was a big issue in the NFL, not sure how much it is now.

HGH should be allowed.  It is vital in healing and is prescribed every day by doctors.  Yes, there is potential for abuse, but it seems like there should be some way to regulate the use in injury situations.  Maybe not.

Maybe limit HGH use to anyone on IR.

Archived