Chiefs-Jags

It seems that most Chiefs fans think Sunday will be a walkover.  It should be, but nothing should be taken for granted.  The Jags have a new coordinator, Hackett, who believes in running the ball.  The Jags best runner so far this year is Yeldon who has about 220 yds., 1 TD, and a longest run of 15 yds.  They have a couple of receivers who are okay, but no world beaters.  The Chiefs are a beat up team that plays with a lot of elan and shouldn't let down against an inferior opponent in Arrowhead.  We'll be at the game.  Anyone else going?

Chiefs 31,  Jags 17.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he's anything like his father "Paul Can't Hackett" i'm not too worried.

Chiefs open up the pass with Ware being out; multiple quick screens for big plays. Tyreek finally gets his ST's TD.  Maclin, Kelsey, and Conley all with TD catches from Foles? West, as well. Santos, tacks on a few FGs.

Chiefs get a couple of picks on the day - one from Peters another from Berry. 6 sacks from our defense - Ford with 1.5, Jones with 1, Poe with 1, Hali with 1, and DJ gets on the sack board - Dady Nicholas gets his first career sack as well - how about that. Jags tie early in the 1st making it 7-7, but it's alllll Chiefs from there on out.

Chiefs roll , 41-7

If he's anything like his father "Paul Can't Hackett" i'm not too worried.

Chiefs open up the pass with Ware being out; multiple quick screens for big plays. Tyreek finally gets his ST's TD.  Maclin, Kelsey, and Conley all with TD catches from Foles? West, as well. Santos, tacks on a few FGs.

Chiefs get a couple of picks on the day - one from Peters another from Berry. 6 sacks from our defense - Ford with 1.5, Jones with 1, Poe with 1, Hali with 1, and DJ gets on the sack board - Dady Nicholas gets his first career sack as well - how about that. Jags tie early in the 1st making it 7-7, but it's alllll Chiefs from there on out.

Chiefs roll , 41-7

C'mon D Man,,,,,,can we get some details?

Read that Alex told the media he didn't want to play this weekend, as a precautionary measure.

"I have 3 young kids and you only get one brain. Research has backed up the caution of holding off even 1 week."

you believe everything you read..listen to the presser . I heard it and my impression was that he was justifying not playing, supporting the coachs decision. If Smith did not want to play he should be cut..you either surf or fight

you believe everything you read..listen to the presser . I heard it and my impression was that he was justifying not playing, supporting the coachs decision. If Smith did not want to play he should be cut..you either surf or fight

I agree with you. I think he would want to play, especially after what happened in San Francisco. He played four games with a torn throwing shoulder when he was in San Francisco, so I don't question that he wants to play. But I do think the coach would like to keep his players healthy at the very least and we are playing the Jaguars. Just get the win.

Let's say Foles has a huge game. Say 350 yds 3 TDs, a couple bombs to Hill, no interceptions AND, this is important in the WCO, he throws a nice, soft pass to the RB in the flat and the Chiefs win going away. Would anybody want to see him again the following week or just go right back to Smith.

Let's say Foles has a huge game. Say 350 yds 3 TDs, a couple bombs to Hill, no interceptions AND, this is important in the WCO, he throws a nice, soft pass to the RB in the flat and the Chiefs win going away. Would anybody want to see him again the following week or just go right back to Smith.

Back to our franchise QB. Smith has proven he has what it takes to get to a Superbowl. That's all we want this year

He could do that. If Foles has the game that Smith had against Buffalo deep and also the San Diego game (not the comeback per se but production, 363 yards, 3 total TDs) or the Indy game in the playoffs, people would go crazy. It would be true that Smith has done that before, that the Jags are a bad team, etc. but the one game would be extrapolated to ridiculous levels.

There would also be reason to not want Smith to go against the cheap artists in Denver and the Carolina game is before that and I don't know if they're dirty, too.

A three game ankle injury would be easier on Smith than the concussion/non-concussion. It would give time to heal up without cheap shots. If Foles did well against Panthers and Broncos it would mean something, but Jaguars? Nothing that we don't already assume (that includes positives of Foles that we know of already).

It's a ridiculous question.

Where is Kaepernick today?

The controversy wouldn't be going back to Smith.  What would stir it up would be Foles having that productive game and then Smith stinking it up against the Panthers.  Until then, I think it's unquestionably Smith's team.

Lots of new parts on both sides of the ball. Ware may be out. Smith is out. Oline injuries. Now the backups are not as good so it will be a test. Close but chiefs win.

I agree with you.  It will be close.  Scary close.  The Jags have better lines than we think. They have rookies who are playing very well.  With our injuries, our strong suit this weekend is our special teams, and the Arrowhead noise to disrupt their pedestrian QB.  But a couple of unfortunate turnovers could hand us an embarrassing loss.  We have to hang on to the football and try to play like we are desperate.  The loss of Smith, Ware, Maclin is a big deal. There isn't THAT much difference between NFL teams.  Thanks to Indy for their rock-hard excuse for a football field.  Quick passes to Kelce.  Big pass rush from Chris Jones, Hali, and Ford should still give us an edge.  But anyone expecting a blowout is living in a dream world.  Reid will lay as low as possible while still winning, in order to get his team healed up.

Archived