Chiefs-Jags

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with you. It will be close. Scary close. The Jags have better lines than we think. They have rookies who are playing very well. With our injuries, our strong suit this weekend is our special teams, and the Arrowhead noise to disrupt their pedestrian QB. But a couple of unfortunate turnovers could hand us an embarrassing loss. We have to hang on to the football and try to play like we are desperate. The loss of Smith, Ware, Maclin is a big deal. There isn't THAT much difference between NFL teams. Thanks to Indy for their rock-hard excuse for a football field. Quick passes to Kelce. Big pass rush from Chris Jones, Hali, and Ford should still give us an edge. But anyone expecting a blowout is living in a dream world. Reid will lay as low as possible while still winning, in order to get his team healed up.

With all due respect, you're giving way too much credit to the Jags and not enough to our beloved Chiefs. This will not be a close game. Chiefs are at home with superior talent at nearly every position. Chiefs win this one going away - by two scores or more.

With all due respect, you're giving way too much credit to the Jags and not enough to our beloved Chiefs. This will not be a close game. Chiefs are at home with superior talent at nearly every position. Chiefs win this one going away - by two scores or more.

If Maclin does play, it will help.  One thing I wonder about is how creative will we be with the shortage at RB.  I have a feeling that the answer will be many two-TE sets, using Kelce and Harris.  That will overload the Jags secondary a bit, help with blocking for West and Sankey requiring their safeties to stay in close, leaving Conley, Hill, and now maybe Maclin to be more open deep. With Foles at QB, that could turn out to be a potent plan.  I still think that we had better not fumble the ball and play some lights out special teams.  The noise should give us at least 2-3 false starts against their offense.  Stlll, a few mistakes could make it be very close or worse.

Agree with Bil.  The Chiefs should win, but all the injuries could make this close and a turnover or two could sink them.  Still, I expect a home win.

"Next man up" has worked very well for the last 17 games.  I don't see any reason why that can't continue.

Archived