A win is a win is a win. Get people healthy. Whatever we do against Carolina, just get out of the game healthy. Whatever we do against Tampa Bay, get the win and stay relatively healthy. Be in good shape for Denver.

I thought the Jacksonville game was good considering the injuries we had. I thought there were a few drops, including dropped interceptions by both the Chiefs and Jaguars, touchdowns that could've been for both teams, and we're the better team.

Game ball goes to the defense and Santos. Miss one or two of those field goals and this is a different game.

The Chiefs are for the moment the best team in the AFC West, and the second-best team in the AFC until a winner is decided between the Broncos and Raiders. If the Raiders win tonight and the Chiefs win in Carolina next week, the Chiefs would lead the AFC West outright and have the inside track for a bye week in the post-season.

The AFC West continues to be the strongest division in the NFL:

0.657 combined record (best in the NFL).

0.523 Strength of Schedule (toughest in the NFL).

0.468 Strength of Victory (second to the NFC North's 0.498).

0.551 Future Strength of Schedule (toughest in the NFL).

The Chiefs have the fourth-best record in the NFL, but the fifth-best record in the AFC. I'm sure this sort of thing happens often, but it's weird to note it here.

The Chiefs have the twentieth-most difficult Strength of Schedule in the league.

The Chiefs have the tenth-best Strength of Victory in the league.

The Chiefs have the fifth-most difficult Future Strength of Schedule in the league.

The Chiefs are guaranteed a bye week in the post-season if they finish the season 8-0.

The Chiefs cannot secure home field advantage throughout the post-season unless the Patriots finish the season 6-2 or worse. A pair of losses by the Patriots to the Jets and/or Broncos would be most favorable to the Chiefs when it comes to tiebreakers.

The AFC West continues to be the strongest division in the NFL:

0.657 combined record (best in the NFL).

0.523 Strength of Schedule (toughest in the NFL).

0.468 Strength of Victory (second to the NFC North's 0.498).

0.551 Future Strength of Schedule (toughest in the NFL).

The Chiefs have the fourth-best record in the NFL, but the fifth-best record in the AFC. I'm sure this sort of thing happens often, but it's weird to note it here.

The Chiefs have the twentieth-most difficult Strength of Schedule in the league.

The Chiefs have the tenth-best Strength of Victory in the league.

The Chiefs have the fifth-most difficult Future Strength of Schedule in the league.

The Chiefs are guaranteed a bye week in the post-season if they finish the season 8-0.

The Chiefs cannot secure home field advantage throughout the post-season unless the Patriots finish the season 6-2 or worse. A pair of losses by the Patriots to the Jets and/or Broncos would be most favorable to the Chiefs when it comes to tiebreakers.

not holding your breath I hope

Chiefs played ugly yesterday and got a bit lucky IMO.

That was the second "lucky" win at Arrowhead this year.

I like 6-2 but they need to pick up their game quite a bit to be considered in the same class as New England.

w

I like 6-2 but they need to pick up their game quite a bit to be considered in the same class as New England.

w

Quite a bit is a understatement

w

It's that Arrowhead magic baby. It can't be a coincidence Fitzpatrick threw 6 INTS, or that the Saints turned the ball over in the redzone, or that Jack turned it over 4 times. We have a knack for taking away the ball. Unfortunately, we live and die by the turnovers which is why we need a bye and home field advantage in the playoffs. A team like NE will not turn the ball over to you at home. 

I think this Carolina game is HUGE!! Starting Sunday we have a stretch of 3 out of 4 games on the road. I think we win at home against Tampa. That leaves the 3 road games (Carolina, Atlanta, Denver) based on record and overall play, you'd have to say Carolina is the most winnable of the 3 games. I could see us losing to Atlanta and Denver. Despite how the Broncos looked last night, they are a tough out especially at home. So if we win 2 and lose 2 (not conceding that but...) that puts us at 8-4 going into the final quarter of the season. I could see us winning 3 out 4 or even sweeping. Even 2-2 puts us at 10 wins which could get us into the playoffs anyway.

Gotta feeling 12 wins is gonna be needed to win the division. Can KC win 6 out of 8 games?

If:

The Chiefs' offensive line can include Fisher, Fulton, Morse, Duvernay-Tardif, and Schwartz

And:

Either Spencer Ware or Jeremy Maclin can play at 100%

And:

The Chiefs' defense can continue to play as it has

Then:

The Chiefs can go 3-1 during these next four games, losing either to the Falcons or the Broncos, but not both.

The Falcons would be a very manageable opponent if Sutton wasn't a dipshit and would let Peters shadow Julio Jones, with a S over the top.

He'll have the same game plan as every week. He needs to game plan for specific opponents better. The players make him look good. Poes talent is the biggest waste by Sutton. No creativity. ThAt guy should be moved around more to get him one one once in awhile. Berry being wasted too.

Our anniversary is approximate to the Atlanta Falcons game. My wife always kidnaps me to an unknown destination. She keeps her secret close to the vest. I did find out she looked into the game at Atlanta, and I do know we will be traveling. Her cousin, and my cousin live in the Atlanta area. Will this happen? I don't know, but it is not unlike her. She is a huge fan. Either way, we will be watching the game. I hope it is in person.

I think this Carolina game is HUGE!! Starting Sunday we have a stretch of 3 out of 4 games on the road. I think we win at home against Tampa. That leaves the 3 road games (Carolina, Atlanta, Denver) based on record and overall play, you'd have to say Carolina is the most winnable of the 3 games. I could see us losing to Atlanta and Denver. Despite how the Broncos looked last night, they are a tough out especially at home. So if we win 2 and lose 2 (not conceding that but...) that puts us at 8-4 going into the final quarter of the season. I could see us winning 3 out 4 or even sweeping. Even 2-2 puts us at 10 wins which could get us into the playoffs anyway.

Gotta feeling 12 wins is gonna be needed to win the division. Can KC win 6 out of 8 games?

11-5 should win the division if the Chiefs beat OAK in Arrowhead.  They have a chance to sweep the last four games and lose three on the road in the upcoming four.  That's 11-5

He'll have the same game plan as every week. He needs to game plan for specific opponents better. The players make him look good. Poes talent is the biggest waste by Sutton. No creativity. ThAt guy should be moved around more to get him one one once in awhile. Berry being wasted too.

That's a large reason why I really dislike Sutton.  This D could be so much better if they hired a guy that did something beyond stole Rex Ryan's playbook.

Sutton has benefited a lot from having an all class talent pool.  

His inability to adjust from his typical single high safety without flipping his corners around has cost this team multiple games. 

(See: Peyton beating Cooper and Flemming like a drum while he just stared blankly, Indy January 2014, etc.)

While I didn't like Romeo's system for the players we had, he at least would adjust what they were doing on Defense on the fly if it wasn't working.  Sutton might change it up at the half, but that's it. 

Sutton has benefited a lot from having an all class talent pool.  

His inability to adjust from his typical single high safety without flipping his corners around has cost this team multiple games. 

(See: Peyton beating Cooper and Flemming like a drum while he just stared blankly, Indy January 2014, etc.)

I agree on the CB thing. Never understood keeping your best CB on the same side. If you're the opposing team, when you go 4 WR set you put your #4 on Peters and go trips on the other side. Seattle does it with Sherman and the same with Asante Samuel back in his day.

I agree on the CB thing. Never understood keeping your best CB on the same side. If you're the opposing team, when you go 4 WR set you put your #4 on Peters and go trips on the other side. Seattle does it with Sherman and the same with Asante Samuel back in his day.

The Jaguars were doing this and Sutton kept on keeping on.  You can be certain that Kubiak will be looking for Demeryus Thomas against our midget Nelson on critical downs.

Archived