I don't get the dislike of Sutton. The D has carried us. The DBs are below average at best. The pass rush is among the worst in the league. Yet his defense has really kept really good offenses from scoring. They have been a turnover machine. The dude is a rock star.

I don't get the dislike of Sutton. The D has carried us. The DBs are below average at best. The pass rush is among the worst in the league. Yet his defense has really kept really good offenses from scoring. They have been a turnover machine. The dude is a rock star.

44-45. That's why.

I was happier with Sutton in 2014. Then in 2015 his unit collapsed in a couple key games.

His defenses are Jekyll and Hyde at times, vacillating between immovable object and bend-then-break.

44-45. That's why.

I was happier with Sutton in 2014. Then in 2015 his unit collapsed in a couple key games.

His defenses are Jekyll and Hyde at times, vacillating between immovable object and bend-then-break.

well look at the roster  in 2014 compared to 2015 and now... Houston's availability..one player can make that much difference. Gunther was a God with DT and Neil Smith. Smith leaves  DT struggled but was still a force.. DT dies . all goes to hell. 

I think Sutton has done pretty good without a super star  rushing the passer these last couple of years. I'm willing to give him a passing grade.

The Chiefs aren't that loaded with talent on defense.  Houston, Bailey, Mauga, March out.  Hali slower and DJ not the force he was a couple of years ago.  Inexperience in the defensive backfield with only Peters and Berry above average.  Sutton has done okay with what he has.  I hate some of his schemes, especially the "prevent" defense late in games, but one can't argue with the results in most games.  

I can't post quotes, but liquid's comment about Sutton and Peters is DEAD ON!!! (IMO)

Atlanta wouldn't be such a problem if Reid/Sutton did what other teams do, and shadow Julio Jones. Atlanta will move Jones around and spot him up on Steven Nelson on 3rd downs and redzone plays,

IMO, that's the reason we may struggle/lose to the Falcons.

I can't post quotes, but liquid's comment about Sutton and Peters is DEAD ON!!! (IMO)

Atlanta wouldn't be such a problem if Reid/Sutton did what other teams do, and shadow Julio Jones. Atlanta will move Jones around and spot him up on Steven Nelson on 3rd downs and redzone plays,

IMO, that's the reason we may struggle/lose to the Falcons.

GB did the same thing, took Jones completely out of the game and they still lost. Mohamed Sanu is very underrated. Our offense will need to win us that game.

Carolina is trying to do what the Chiefs did last year. They're on the right track. They've won 2 straight since starting 1-5. Chiefs have a chance to shut em up and put their foot down, claiming only they may win every game after starting 1-5.

Carolina have the home advantage when playing the Chiefs next Sunday. Alex Smith was allowed the week off to rest and recover. It's time to show the nation who we are and beat the Panthers at Carolina and bully them in doing so. I don't expect a blowout, but I do expect a hard fought win. Their 2015 season is on the line next week. Carolina is very, very beatable. Newton has been crying about getting hit and LA smacked him last game but came short. I expect the Chiefs do the same except win.

Every game is a MUST win IMO. One lose will cost them a home game in the playoffs. Can't have that happen the way New England is playing

Sutton needs to work with what he's got in the secondary. He messed up bad in the Steeler game. I don't want to see any 1v1 on Jones. I'd like to see Berry shadow Jones in every play and don't allow deep passes for 20+ yards. Keep the passing game short distance and rely on pressure from Ford and Hali

Archived