Sweep OAK, split with DEN and the Chiefs will be in good position.  CAR and ATL will be tough, but the home games should be in the Chiefs favor.  Gotta win at home and beat SAN on the road to finish 11-5.  As for DEN and OAK, ask me again in about two hours.  :)

That Tennessee game is not a walk-over either. They look pretty good - we need to be able to stop the run. One bad game, get over it and move on. Denver looked very suspect against the run against Oakland - they probably should resign Terrance Knighton, and the Chiefs should pull DeVito out of retirement.

That was by far Oakland's best game of the year. They ran the ball well and played solid defense. As a bonus they cut down on their penalties as well. We will need to shore up our run defense in order to handle them next time. A good run game makes a good passing game that much better.

As for Denver....they looked lost in the 1st quarter. Played better after that but still. Not used to Denver looking this mediocre.

Raiders got the Broncos at the right time. Denver having both starting CBs out changes that defense completely. Allowing a terrible offense like Denver to score 20 points on the road is also very telling. I just hope Denver goes on a skid while unhealthy right now and we don't have to worry about them contending by the time it becomes important. I still don't know what the Raiders have. They are 1-2 against teams with winning records, and not of those losses were ugly. They have also squeeked by some terrible teams as well. You could make the same argument with the Chiefs, but we've all watched us race out to big leads and play prevent the rest of the way, which has allowed the scores to appear much closer than the quality of play. I still believe that it's our division to lose

Archived