Halfway Point...Your Biggest Surprise?

For me it has to be Dee Ford. If you had told me at the beginning of the season that Dee Ford would wind up with 9 sacks I'd say he was going to have a very good year. But he has 9 sacks at the halfway point? Who would have guessed that? Not me.

His arrow is pointing straight up. I think he can and will continue to get better. 

Biggest disappointment-

Lack of maclin in the in the offense

Yeah I was thinking about the disappointment side as well. I have several. Disappointed to see Tamba is basically done. Disappointed there is no consistency in our offensive numbers. Maclin's #s are down. Kelce's #s are down. Running game is up and down. Injuries are a huge disappointment. Every team has them but: Houston, Ehringer, Charles, Maclin, Gaines, Ware, Smith, Mauga. I mean seriously?

Yeah I was thinking about the disappointment side as well. I have several. Disappointed to see Tamba is basically done. Disappointed there is no consistency in our offensive numbers. Maclin's #s are down. Kelce's #s are down. Running game is up and down. Injuries are a huge disappointment. Every team has them but: Houston, Ehringer, Charles, Maclin, Gaines, Ware, Smith, Mauga. I mean seriously?

Our depth is truly amazing. Dorsey should be here for a long time in my opinion. What he's done has been fantastic. I know he wasn't a main cog in Green Bay, but since he's left there the talent isn't the same.

Injuries are a huge disappointment. Every team has them but: Houston, Ehringer, Charles, Maclin, Gaines, Ware, Smith, Mauga. I mean seriously?

The injuries have been really rough. The constantly shifting offensive line was something to be avoided, but here we are. Jordan Devey was not supposed to start in week three. And it's not just the injuries that are knocking players out for a game or two. The linemen have been nicked up throughout the season.

The surprise is that the Chiefs managed a 6-2 record despite these injuries. Smith missed the one start that this team could afford him missing, but the value in Smith's management of this offense really showed up during Smith's absence: The Foles version of the offense hardly scored unless the Chiefs' defense handed them the points.

Ford - Pro Bowl Level

Tyreek Hill - Constant Threat

LDT - The Dr is nasty and improving

Fisher- I heard he was a "bust" so they fact he is playing well is a bit of a surprise

Nelson, DJ White, Gaines and any CB not named Peters.....

Ware- Stud

DJ- Still the Captain of the Defense

Berry- SOB lays the lumber...love his play

Disappointments:

I don't really have any except the Steelers game....

w

Hill.  He's not really a surprise, but the Chiefs have found a way to use his talents better than they did with DAT or maybe he's just better.  Great punt returns and he'll bust a K.O. one of these days.  He's made some key catches as well and is always a threat on misdirection plays.

Jones.  With Bailey gone for the season, Jones has stepped in and made some plays.  Gotta like his upside.

Hali.  Love his attitude and skill, but his legs are gone it seems.

Ramik.  Mauga, then March went down and Ramik Wilson has filled in fine.  Not all pro, but for the third guy up, the Chiefs are lucky.

Pros: Definitely Ford. Hill. Ramik recently. Ware for sure. Fisher and LDT have looked good. O -line overall has shown improvement.

Cons: I was expecting more explosiveness on offense, it's pretty bland considering the talent. Like to see more consistency @ CB opposite of Peters. 

This team goes as far as the defense carries it. If the offense has a bad day, we can win with defense. If the defense has a bad day, we generally lose. 

I'm not surprised about Ramik Wilson. The guy should have been next in line after Mauga. Honestly, i'm quietly surprised by Ford, but never was one to label him off as a bust. No surprises for me other than Jamaal Charles. Really thought he was going to contribute this year.

Hill is a surprise. The way he tracks the ball in the air.

Ford. I did not think he could rush the he passer at this level.

The CBs. After Peters, I did not see an NFL starter. They have not done bad.

Soria. He is going to make me stop calling him that. Dude is a legit safety. The best safety on the team so far.

DL is pretty surprising. So other negative surprises.

Mac: Wow he has had a lot of drops. Shocking for him.

Berry: I thought he would repeat last year's performance since it is again a contract year. It appears last year was an aberration and he is back to pretty average.

No other big negative surprises that I can think of.

DL is pretty surprising. So other negative surprises.

Mac: Wow he has had a lot of drops. Shocking for him.

Berry: I thought he would repeat last year's performance since it is again a contract year. It appears last year was an aberration and he is back to pretty average.

No other big negative surprises that I can think of.

If berry played a different role I think we would see more. Sutton issues him so close to the line to stop the run. I wish he played more center field.

Archived