Houston & Maclin Out this Week

Maclin has been upsetting =(

I hope Ware is hungry tomorrow

Maclin has been upsetting because he has probably had a sore groin all season and is not being honest with the trainers.  He wants to play and has been playing down this injury.  As a result, it could nag him and reduce his effectiveness all season.  Wanting to play enough to lie about symptoms is a good thing...until it becomes a bad thing.

Need to put up points. Need to throw to Kelce in every possession. You know what the Chiefs miss most about Jamaal? His nact of finding the endzone. The Chiefs struggle in the red zone nowadays without him.

The defense will hold them to 30 or less, that's why I believe in the offense and Smith to put up 20 or more. I'll be happy if they do and they lose rather they only put up 10 or 14. I'm tired of the offense slacking hard this year

Losing 20 - 30 doesn't do it for me.  Actually, the offense hasn't been too bad.  Andy has killed a few red zone chances by his refusal to run the ball, but aside from the JAX game, without Smith, the offense has put up enough points to win most games if the defense is as good as we hoped.

Maclin has been upsetting because he has probably had a sore groin all season and is not being honest with the trainers. He wants to play and has been playing down this injury. As a result, it could nag him and reduce his effectiveness all season. Wanting to play enough to lie about symptoms is a good thing...until it becomes a bad thing.

Yeah that sounds like Maclin. Thats why its upsetting

I keep waiting for Reid to call on his fondness for.the two TE set.  With Maclin out, this may be the week.  Ware would get some big yards with blocking by Kelce, Harris, and Sherman.  Then the Panthers would have to play in. Then unleash the longer game.  If Reid plans this right, he could frustrate the hell out of them. A few unexpected runs by Sherman and option runs by Alex Smith. This is no sure thing for the Panthers.

Once again, it seems like the conventional thinking is that the game is based on defense and offense. Most forget that there are three phases. The other is special teams. Panthers suck at punt coverage, and we have Tyreek Hill returning punts. Our ST are #1 in the league, I think. We are likely to have to travel less distance than they will on most possessions.

I'm not with the gloom and doomers. Ware and Alex are back. Peters is due for an interception. Currently we are +14 in turnovers, and they are -6. Kelce is mad, which could be good. Alex may run more. Ford is emerging. Chris Jones is a big force. We have good depth. If we lose, we go into a home game with a record of 6-3 with Houston back full and with some guys rested and healed up more. If we win, the same thing happens, except we are 7-2 and on top of the division. I know we will win the following week at Arrowhead, because I will be there. Ya can't win 'em all, but we have a shot at this one.

Good point. Hill is madly due for a TD return. This could be the game, and let's hope Santos is focused. Do the Chiefs always win when you attend?

Archived