Panther Game Thread

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Smith is just having an awful game. He had DAT wide open, and completely missed him. For all those gigabytes, Smith seems not to have an inkling of how to use them when perusing the field. You have to know your check downs, and turn your head.

He'll be a pretty good OC one day if we get a good skilled QB (doesn't need to be great but can't be average or below). No, I don't believe that he will teach the quarterback to be too conservative.

Smith is smart and plays with what he's got, but his mind is better, then his playing talent. I'm not saying he's talent is bad, but I think his mind is better. That's what I said about my playboy wife. But this time I meant it. ;)

Phatal will assure us it was everyone else's fault.

He would be right. It was everyone else's fault for why we won. Please don't take that the wrong way, I AM saying that Smith did play as poorly as I've seen him play.

At least it was against a good defense and we got the win. We should've gotten more even against a good defense, of course, due to the missed guys, but now these are two games I didn't expect to win. One, the come back against San Diego after we were down by so much and this game because of who Carolina is and how we played.

Phatal will assure us it was everyone else's fault.

Nope. The Chiefs won on the backs of their defense today. That can happen in a down game for the quarterback.

If your objective is to define a quarterback by one of his weaker games after coming back from injury, you've already lost me.

I'm glad to see the team win in spite of a poorer day by Smith, but it's not like you could define most of Smith's games as 'won by the defense'. And Smith was missing his best receiver today. Other quarterbacks picked apart the Panthers' cornerbacks with the likes of Demaryius Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders, Julio Jones, Mike Evans, Brandin Cooks, and Larry Fitzgerald. Smith had Albert Wilson. If not for a big day by Tyreek Hill (who is in no way a top-end receiver), Smith's day would have been even worse.

But, no, I'm not going to get into a slap fight over one game under these circumstances.

7-2

The guy stepped out of bounds on the defensive two-point conversion. I am just going to assume they got a field goal to win the game.

What seems odd to me is that if you are kicking an extra point which only counts for 1, why does the return count for 2.

Also how can you not confirm a run up the side line? Are you telling me the NFL doesn't have a way to look down the side lines? They can put cameras in the cones but cant tell if a person steps out of bounds.

Archived