Defense and kicking team FTW.

Worst game I have seen from Smith in a long time, but I am happy it came against a good defense and in a win. Obviously, the win is the only important thing, and a good defense is not an excuse for inadequate play, though it would be a reason for average play.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Worst game I have seen from Smith in a long time, but I am happy it came against a good defense and in a win. Obviously, the win is the only important thing, and a good defense is not an excuse for inadequate play, though it would be a reason for average play.

He sure missed some and didn't see Kelce without a guy within 20 feet of him.  But he still would have looked pretty decent without all those inexcusable drops.  The long interception was basically a long punt.  He took a shot at it, because he knew there was little risk.

He sure missed some and didn't see Kelce without a guy within 20 feet of him. But he still would have looked pretty decent without all those inexcusable drops. The long interception was basically a long punt. He took a shot at it, because he knew there was little risk.

That's progress. ;) Seriously though, he is attempting deeper passes this year in while we want to higher completion percentage, there are sometimes where the ball was accurately placed and the defense played well or the receiver dropped it. I'm not saying that's the majority of the incompletion, but I do like we are attempting more and they are not usually as an accurate as the previous years.

I don't think he is overthrowing his receivers on purpose as much as previous years. I feel that he would error on the side of "my guy gets it or no one does" and that makes it look even more inaccurate. And when I say "error on the side of," that could actually be an "error" when he should have given his guy a shot.

This win was huge. The Panthers were thristy and desperate for a win, and the Chiefs once again proved why they're a true contender. Great, great win.

I've said it, the Chiefs need to winout for the AFC champ. To be played in Arrowhead. I don't care how they do it, I just want it to be done.

Right now we should be cheering for the Cowboys and cheering for Seattle later tonight

Gotta have faith in Alex going forward. He's our starter this year and needs our support.

Ohh, I am the second biggest Alex supporter here, in my opinion, but I do recognize bad games - I will acknowledge the Panthers D, the drops, etc. instead of blasting him nonstop, but I do think it was not a good game from him considering he did play better after the bye before his Colts hits. Defense does some of that, normal weaknesses of Smith's game does some, but this game seemed to add some bad misses on top of that.

I did watch the game in fast motion though (watch the play, skip 30 seconds, watch the next play, fast forward through commercials) - not much time to process the flow, the D, or anything.

My third daughter was born on Thursday - didn't have time to start on time. I literally caught up to live when Peters stripped the ball.

Ohh, I am the second biggest Alex supporter here, in my opinion, but I do recognize bad games - I will acknowledge the Panthers D, the drops, etc. instead of blasting him nonstop, but I do think it was not a good game from him considering he did play better after the bye before his Colts hits. Defense does some of that, normal weaknesses of Smith's game does some, but this game seemed to add some bad misses on top of that.

I did watch the game in fast motion though (watch the play, skip 30 seconds, watch the next play, fast forward through commercials) - not much time to process the flow, the D, or anything.

My third daughter was born on Thursday - didn't have time to start on time. I literally caught up to live when Peters stripped the ball.

Congrats!!

Alex Smith quite possibly had his worst performance of his career today. I mean, he just looked like he was out of it mentally. That play where he caught the deflection made me think, what the hell is Alex thinking?! He wasn't focused. He needs to throw this game's performance in the trash and focus on next Sunday. FOCUS. Hocus Pocus?

Happy it came against a good defense? I guess it depends which QB they are playing.  Ryan had 503 yds 4TDS, Brees had 465 and 4, Palmer 363 and 3. Actually this was a pretty standard day for Smith. Dink, dunk, miss the long ball. It pretty much reaffirmed what I've thought for a few years. The defense ripped a win away from the Panthers in spite of Smith. He's about as average a QB you will ever see. I give him credit for making the best of it and earning all the money he has over a very uneventful career. I hope he ends up being the QB of the World Champion Chiefs this year. And most importantly, congrats on your new daughter!!! 

Happy it came against a good defense? I guess it depends which QB they are playing. Ryan had 503 yds 4TDS, Brees had 465 and 4, Palmer 363 and 3. Actually this was a pretty standard day for Smith. Dink, dunk, miss the long ball. It pretty much reaffirmed what I've thought for a few years. The defense ripped a win away from the Panthers in spite of Smith. He's about as average a QB you will ever see. I give him credit for making the best of it and earning all the money he has over a very uneventful career. I hope he ends up being the QB of the World Champion Chiefs this year. And most importantly, congrats on your new daughter!!!

OK, I'm not really going to address the rest of your post, but I will give mea culpa on the good defense part. I don't really follow the Panthers much and that was their reputation.

Thanks for the congrats.

Three of those division games will be played at Arrowhead, and that's key. Atlanta will be the toughest outside the division, but they're very beatable. Only problem is it will be played @ Atlanta 

Small point, but only two division games will be played in Arrowhead, OAK and DEN.  Gotta go to DEN and SAN to complete the division schedule.  If the Chiefs win their home games, they will be fine.  11-5 is very doable at this point and OAK would have to win in KC to finish ahead.  The Chiefs have to at least split with the Donks and win in Sandy Eggo.

Congrats on the Baby!!!

Well done my friend.

w

Thanks, but in this pregnancy, I Alex Smith'd us to delivery. All I do is win, didn't drop the baby when I suited up and "caught" the baby, not scared of blood, didn't try to do the anesthesia, stuck to my strengths, etc. Game managing is a good and hard thing to do.

Small point, but only two division games will be played in Arrowhead, OAK and DEN. Gotta go to DEN and SAN to complete the division schedule. If the Chiefs win their home games, they will be fine. 11-5 is very doable at this point and OAK would have to win in KC to finish ahead. The Chiefs have to at least split with the Donks and win in Sandy Eggo.

Home games are vital for the Chiefs. They'll face 2 division games at home and 2 away. Arrowhead has a strong influenece on this team's offense and especially defense. They must go undefeated at home from here on out, which shouldn't be a stretch, and find a way to win the away games (Houston)

Thanks, but in this pregnancy, I Alex Smith'd us to delivery. All I do is win, didn't drop the baby when I suited up and "caught" the baby, not scared of blood, didn't try to do the anesthesia, stuck to my strengths, etc. Game managing is a good and hard thing to do.

When you brought your wife in, you didn't wheel her right by a wide open delivery room, did you? Did you check down to the closest available delivery room?

Smith is not performing fluently this season. He does not seem settled into the game. That was apparent today. He didnt often find a rhythm in the game.

Last season, Smith seemed out of sorts for many stretches of the first six games. It wasn't until the Chiefs were in a situation where there was nothing left to lose, that his game began to gel.

Alex Smith overthinks things. When players become instinctual, they have an edge. Alex just needs to play ball, and loosen up. Its happened before. He has been in rhythm in spots. Maybe he can get there again.

Big finish to end the night.

With the Seahawks win, the Chiefs now slide into a tie with the Patriots for the #1 seed in the AFC.

Most importantly is that Seattle has created a recipe for beating the Pats at home. It takes good QB play though ; we must trust in Alex Smith he needs to deliver. Our defense will do just what they do.

Smith is not performing fluently this season. He does not seem settled into the game. That was apparent today. He didnt often find a rhythm in the game.

Last season, Smith seemed out of sorts for many stretches of the first six games. It wasn't until the Chiefs were in a situation where there was nothing left to lose, that his game began to gel.

Alex Smith overthinks things. When players become instinctual, they have an edge. Alex just needs to play ball, and loosen up. Its happened before. He has been in rhythm in spots. Maybe he can get there again.

I think he CAN, and it starts next week vs TB.

Archived