Chiefs-Broncos flexed to 'SNF' in Week 12

The NFL spared the world from being forced to watch the spiraling New York Jets in prime time.

On Monday the league announced that the Kansas City Chiefs at Denver Broncos game would be flexed into Sunday Night Football for Week 12, Sunday, Nov. 27. New England at New York moves to the 4:25 p.m. ET slot on CBS.

It's not often you see a New York team flexed out of primetime, but with the Jets in a free-fall, it's for the better. No way Bryce Petty is ready for primetime.

The Chiefs have flown under the radar at 7-2 and currently sit atop the AFC West. The Week 12 battle with the reigning Super Bowl champs could be for the lead in the best division in football.

With the chiefs apparent problem with playing primetime on the road.  Wonder how they are sparing the world from watching the Jets game?

HEY ANDY THIS WILL BE A HUGE GAME!!   Hope you will have them ready this time!!

NFL conspiracy to knock Chiefs down...Chiefs are 2-6 in primetime under Andy Reid with 5 straight losses. Broncos 13-1.

Hopefully we can overcome...

Like all Chief's fans, I want them to win every game.  Winning is Denver is tough and losing there won't cost them the season if they take care of business at Arrowhead.  If flexing the game costs the Chiefs, then this is the one that would cost them the least.  At DEN and at ATL are the only remaining games where the Chiefs may be underdogs barring further critical injuries.  Flexing to a night game isn't the Chiefs biggest problem.  

I don't believe in taking any team lightly. I believe every game is important, some more than others. My question is, if any of the Chiefs players are dinged up do you sit them this week so the are rested and ready for Denver or do you go into the game with all guns blazing?

I figure if there is a time to rest some players during the regular season it's this weekend. They are at home, TB is not that good and it would give some people with a few dings a little extra rest. To me, beating Denver is more important than TB.

JMO

I'm not optimistic about the Chiefs winning in Denver unless they force a lot of turnovers. Our offense won't be able to get much done against their defense.

Denver scores 1 pt per game more than KC. They are virtually the same on D. KC gives up 18.7 Denver gives up 18.9. You believe KC won't do much against their D, what do you think their offense will do against KCs D?

Denver scores 1 pt per game more than KC. They are virtually the same on D. KC gives up 18.7 Denver gives up 18.9. You believe KC won't do much against their D, what do you think their offense will do against KCs D?

First of all...it's a road game. I hate playing Denver in prime time at Denver. Most home teams feed off that kind of spotlight and Denver might be at the top of the list.

Denver has the 8th best scoring offense in the NFL. KC is 18th. Denver is many spots better in both rushing and passing offense than the Chiefs. Doesn't take a scientist to see who has the advantage there.

How many of our points have been scored due to the defense? Without Berry's pick six we don't win against Carolina. We rely too much on the defense. We need to be balanced to win against good teams. And Denver is a good team.

I don't believe in taking any team lightly. I believe every game is important, some more than others. My question is, if any of the Chiefs players are dinged up do you sit them this week so the are rested and ready for Denver or do you go into the game with all guns blazing?

I figure if there is a time to rest some players during the regular season it's this weekend. They are at home, TB is not that good and it would give some people with a few dings a little extra rest. To me, beating Denver is more important than TB.

JMO

Nope.  Treat every game like it's important.  The Chiefs almost lost to JAX at home with a lot of players out and Tampa is better than JAX especially if Winston gets hot.  Did you watch him yesterday?  He can sling it.  Chiefs just can't afford to lose any game at home against an inferior team and can't take any team lightly.

Nope. Treat every game like it's important. The Chiefs almost lost to JAX at home with a lot of players out and Tampa is better than JAX especially if Winston gets hot. Did you watch him yesterday? He can sling it. Chiefs just can't afford to lose any game at home against an inferior team and can't take any team lightly.

Need to focus on TB first.

First of all...it's a road game. I hate playing Denver in prime time at Denver. Most home teams feed off that kind of spotlight and Denver might be at the top of the list.

Denver has the 8th best scoring offense in the NFL. KC is 18th. Denver is many spots better in both rushing and passing offense than the Chiefs. Doesn't take a scientist to see who has the advantage there.

How many of our points have been scored due to the defense? Without Berry's pick six we don't win against Carolina. We rely too much on the defense. We need to be balanced to win against good teams. And Denver is a good team.

Remember last year, Chiefs win in Denver.

As far as 8th ranked O, that is based on points for the season, since Denver has played one more game than KC, their points on the season should be higher.

As far as yardage per game goes NO, Tenn, AZ, Cinci, and SD should be leading their divisions if yardage per game was what counted. Teams with good Ds normally have a low yardage per game average because their d gives them the ball on a short field. Denver avgs 6.9 yards per pass vs KC at 6.8. KC avgs 4.1 per rush vs Den 3.7.

Yes, like every game I am concerned. However, I don't believe Denver walks on water and is head and shoulders over KC.

Remember last year, Chiefs win in Denver.

As far as 8th ranked O, that is based on points for the season, since Denver has played one more game than KC, their points on the season should be higher.

As far as yardage per game goes NO, Tenn, AZ, Cinci, and SD should be leading their divisions if yardage per game was what counted. Teams with good Ds normally have a low yardage per game average because their d gives them the ball on a short field. Denver avgs 6.9 yards per pass vs KC at 6.8. KC avgs 4.1 per rush vs Den 3.7.

Yes, like every game I am concerned. However, I don't believe Denver walks on water and is head and shoulders over KC.

I consider last year's game an anomaly. We all know that Peyton was done. And how often do we benefit from that many turnovers against them. When is the last time we won back to back games in Denver? I'm not saying KC can't win....but then over the years they lose a lot of games the can win but for some reason don't.

Archived