Hi, I'm new here but been a chiefs fan for 41 years. This looks like a good place to talk about the Chiefs. I have given up on other forums but this place seems nice.

When Houston comes back, who do you think will play ROLB? Dee Ford and Houston have had most of their success against the RT. Ford played RE at Auburn but Houston only played LOLB and LE at Georgia.

Tamba has no cartilage left in his knees and he says it's just bone on bone for him. He has done alright but will obviously be a situational guy going forward. I hope we see Sutton's "psycho" package with all three in some nickel formations.

Who would you put at ROLB? We have to have Ford and Houston out there together but one has to move to the other side. Dee Ford is on Fire. Would you move him and risk him losing confidence by going against LT?

What about run defense? Houston is the best OLB in the league at stopping the run. He really shores up that left side.

What do you think?

I would put Houston at ROLB and keep Ford where he is at.

Welcome, Bub.  This is a pretty friendly place with some good regulars with diverse opinions about the Chiefs.

I think Sutton will find a way to use Houston and Ford at the same time with Hali being relief until Houston gets to full speed.  Maybe Ford will play ROLB just because Houston has had long term success on the other side so why move him.  Didn't Ford play the right side before Houston went down last year?  As long as Houston comes back and works himself up to 100%, that's the way I expect to see it.

Welcome Bub. Like Jet said....good group here. And there are diverse opinions about our Chiefs though we all agree that Alex Smith is the greatest quarterback who ever picked up a football. ;)

As far as the OLBs I think Sutton will mix it up from side to side. Show them different looks. I just want to actually see Houston on the field. Tamba Hali is definitely bone on bone but with his heart and motor he'll come through with a couple clutch pressures/sacks. 

Oh, I agree. I hope they bring him back very slowly.

Me, too.  But Hali looks done to me.  He has one and a half sacks in over half a season and isn't getting pressure on most occasions.  Love his heart and history, but the guy can't even practice so the quicker Houston gets back, the less Hali will have to play.  I don't see Ford, Houston, and Hali on the field at the same time.  Maybe Dadi and Zombo still get a few snaps.

Hali is far from done this year. They're obviously not playing him much and are saving him for down the road games, such as the meaningful playoff games.

He still looks sharp and quick and is always good against the run.

I hope you're right, but that's not what I'm seeing. Tamba has looked slow, especially on the first step. He just doesn't have that burst like he had in years past. Still has the never ending motor though.

This probably is Hali's last year.

Anyhow, I'm not sure what to expect for ROLB. Ford is having tremendous success on that side, so why rotate him? Houston is good enough to attack from either side, and he could easily scare many QB's when attacking from the blind side.

When Hali subs in, Houston should go back to his natural side and Hali will retain his blind side preference. This is what I would like to see

He's been practicing for a month. Either Andy just doesn't think we need him to win games and is being extremely cautious or Houston is having a set back.

The season's short. Only 16 games + playoffs if you can make it. It will take him at least 2-3 games to get him in game shape - we are in week 11 now. He hasn't played in over a year now. Time to utilize him.

The season's short. Only 16 games + playoffs if you can make it. It will take him at least 2-3 games to get him in game shape - we are in week 11 now. He hasn't played in over a year now. Time to utilize him.

He took snaps all year last year and the playoffs.

Tamba Hali and Justin Houston will platoon at rolb. Ford and Davi will platoon at lolb.

Eventually, I expect the Chiefs to overload the right side with Houston and Hali, Poe in the middle, Jones on the right de, and Ford coming from lob, especially on passing downs.

Tamba Hali and Justin Houston will platoon at rolb. Ford and Davi will platoon at lolb.

Eventually, I expect the Chiefs to overload the right side with Houston and Hali, Poe in the middle, Jones on the right de, and Ford coming from lob, especially on passing downs.

Ford, has become a much better player with Chris Jones alongside him. He wasn't getting that kind of production when Bailey was in.

Chris Jones is a force. With Poe, Jones, Hali, and Ford, who are you going to double, and who gets to go one on one? There are no good choices. Now, when Houston returns, that just adds another headache. This is why I feel the Chiefs will ultimately be most destructive on defense by playing with three OLB, a NT, and a DE. Houston is stout enough to handle the run, as is Hali. So, you really don't give up that much, especially if you put this formation in on 3rd and long situations.

Chris Jones is a force. With Poe, Jones, Hali, and Ford, who are you going to double, and who gets to go one on one? There are no good choices. Now, when Houston returns, that just adds another headache. This is why I feel the Chiefs will ultimately be most destructive on defense by playing with three OLB, a NT, and a DE. Houston is stout enough to handle the run, as is Hali. So, you really don't give up that much, especially if you put this formation in on 3rd and long situations.

Which is why this team needs to get to the SB. The offense has enough weapons and a good OL to get there. No more excuses. This D is as good as it's been the past few years

Which is why this team needs to get to the SB. The offense has enough weapons and a good OL to get there. No more excuses. This D is as good as it's been the past few years

Is James Laurinaitis  worth a look for depth. I know he played in the 4-3, and has been hurt. The Rams parted over health issues and cap issues. It's scouring the bottom of the depth chart, but your thoughts...

Is James Laurinaitis worth a look for depth. I know he played in the 4-3, and has been hurt. The Rams parted over health issues and cap issues. It's scouring the bottom of the depth chart, but your thoughts...

Well, I love the idea of adding depth considering Houston's knee recovery is skeptical after witnessing what happened to Jamaal, and so far Zombo has not been cutting the mustard and Dadi is far from ready to give production. They do need another MLB, for breaks to Ramik and DJ is has been on the injured list! It's funny, I had a dream Houston was playing MLB and Ford/Hali/Zombo took the outside position. The Chiefs were dominating, but that was just a dream.

The question is, what if Houston (God forbid) suffers another injury setback, the Chiefs are then in a huge hole. This has to be the year the Chiefs do some real damage in the postseason and I love the idea of adding Laurinaitis to this one season. Maybe Dorsey will work his magic and flex this man to OLB, but we all know we could use him in the middle as well. Even though Ramik is playing solid to secure his spot

Archived