Must move on to Denver

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol no the Defense isn't fine

They are not elite, by any means. But, they are playing well enough. Surrendering 19 points, at home, should be good enough to win.

And, IMO, Alex was not horrible Sunday. He made his worst mistake of the game at the worst time. Reid is more of a problem than Alex, at this point. He HAS to give up the play calling, or at least abandon the horseshit gimmick plays.

Defense gives up a ton of yards, but not not 18 or 19 points a game. That's top five. I am surprised that our line gets pushed back so easy on running plays, but they don't put yards on the score board so I am OK with it. We just have to sustain drives so they aren't worn down it and they will hold the points down. They are a good group.

Lol no the Defense isn't fine

Although I like our D. I will yes that was a particularly bad game on D. I usually say if the D holds them to under 21 points, they did their job, but an article I read made me think twice for this game. The fact that they only forced 2 punts (1 punt in the first 59 minutes) against this offense kept the ball out of Smith and Ware's hands.

They are not elite, by any means. But, they are playing well enough. Surrendering 19 points, at home, should be good enough to win.

And, IMO, Alex was not horrible Sunday. He made his worst mistake of the game at the worst time. Reid is more of a problem than Alex, at this point. He HAS to give up the play calling, or at least abandon the horseshit gimmick plays.

This defense is plenty elite. Poe, Houston, DJ, Peters and Berry are all elite. Come on, this crew is something else

The defense has some issues.

They don't stop the run well giving up 121 yds a game. Only handful a teams are worse. They give up 4.5 yds a carry. They are next to last in 3rd down conversion rate. Teams convert at a 47 percent clip. Time of possession is middle of the pack.

We are 3rd in the league in PPG and we lead the turnover ratio. Not complaining about that ratio but its masking some of the issues.

The defense has some issues.

They don't stop the run well giving up 121 yds a game. Only handful a teams are worse. They give up 4.5 yds a carry. They are next to last in 3rd down conversion rate. Teams convert at a 47 percent clip. Time of possession is middle of the pack.

We are 3rd in the league in PPG and we lead the turnover ratio. Not complaining about that ratio but its masking some of the issues.

You have to consider the whole ball of wax.

We have been behind in so many games teams grind the ball.

Our offense does no favors for the defense. If we ever had a solid lead they could actually pin their ears back knowing the other team has to pass. That isn't a luxury we've had this year...

You have to consider the whole ball of wax.

We have been behind in so many games teams grind the ball.

Our offense does no favors for the defense. If we ever had a solid lead they could actually pin their ears back knowing the other team has to pass. That isn't a luxury we've had this year...

And when we have done that in other years (build a lead and grind it out, rest the defense and let the defense pin their ears back) I think only a few really recognized that in reference to yards per game. Instead, look at third down conversions, first downs, YPA, etc. which we've struggled at before and now and have done well for stretches in years past.

too many injuries. This is like next team up.

that, the Broncos are 100 percent healthy. The Chiefs? Well, sit down.

Kansas City practiced on Friday and did so without Derrick Johnson, Tamba Hali, Steven Nelson, Dee Ford, Jaye Howard and Dontari Poe. Head coach Andy Reid believes Johnson and Hali will play on Sunday, but the rest are either out or question marks.

At this point, it might simply be too much to deal with. Poe being out would be a death blow, considering the line is already without Allen Bailey and Howard. Johnson has a bad hamstring/Achilles, and he’s playing next to third-stringer Ramik Wilson (who has been excellent, to be fair).

Steve Nelson, Jeremy Maclin, Dee Ford, Tamba Hali, Jaye Howard, Dontari Poe and Derrick Johnson didn't practice today for the #Chiefs.

Of course, that list doesn’t even touch on Jamaal Charles, Parker Ehinger, Josh Mauga, Justin March-Lillard and Bailey, who are all on Injured Reserve. There might not be a team in the NFL with more injuries than Kansas City. Denver certainly has to feel good, knowing it has all of its weapons – sans Anderson – ready to deploy.

If Reid finds a way to win this game, it would be the most impressive win of his career with the Chiefs. Bar none.

Why? There Is no proof of favortism.

Chiefs players need to sack up

The Chiefs tend to always get earlier byes then Denver. To believe there is not a bias is foolish.

Why hasn't Denver ever played opening day at Arrowhead? Every other AFC West team to include Seattle has played at Arrowhead to start the season except Denver. KC has opened at every AFC West stadium.

The Chiefs tend to always get earlier byes then Denver. To believe there is not a bias is foolish.

Why hasn't Denver ever played opening day at Arrowhead? Every other AFC West team to include Seattle has played at Arrowhead to start the season except Denver. KC has opened at every AFC West stadium.

Win something and maybe we get a bone.

Chiefs CB Steven Nelson (neck) has been downgraded to doubtful for Week 12.

Nelson was originally listed as questionable after missing practice the last two days. He's not going to play on Sunday night. It's a downgrade to the Chiefs secondary, but they should get LCB Marcus Peters (questionable, hip) back this week.

Win something and maybe we get a bone.

Bullshit, look at Cleveland I think they were slated for 3 or 4 prime time games.

Another part of my NFL conspiracy theory, the only to AFL teams to win a SB prior to the merger, KC and NYJ. Two of the original AFL teams not to make it back to the SB, KC and NYJ. Patriots get the bullshit call to get to the SB after 9/11. NO win a SB once the city starts getting back on their feet. I know it's a stretch but then again most conspiracy theories are stretches.

Archived