Must move on to Denver

KC's upcoming schedule is worrisome. They will be the the dog in many of their remaining games. Definitely not the favorite in this game against Denver. I will be at the game in Atlanta, and I suspect the Chiefs will not be favored in that game either. The Raiders are going to be favored. Tennessee is getting better. Their QB has developed into a dangerous player, who could carry them to wins. The Chiefs finish with a game at home against the Broncos, and then away to San Diego.

If the Chiefs don't get their players back to health, and Smith doesn't turn it on, they may be lucky to win one of the final six games. DJ has an achilles injury. That is scary for two reasons. First, his age, and second because he tore his achilles two years ago. DJ started slow, but was playing as good as ever before getting hurt. He has been a disappointment ever since. This is one of the reasons KC cannot stop the run. Maclin has a groin injury, and it appears this may have been a serious one. Houston's return was anticlimactic, while Dee Ford left early with a hamstring tear. Dee Ford will miss this week again. Charcandrick officially had a concussion. Dontari Poe's back is hurting, which should give us a scare. Peters will play, but his hip is still giving him trouble. Howard will miss another week with hip injury. Tamba Hali has a knee issue that has dramatically affected his game. Finally, Steven Nelson, who has been effective as a slot defender, will miss this game with a neck injury. 

Despite their record, the Chiefs have their backs against the wall. They cannot afford to lose any more players to injury. It will be a hard row to hoe from here on out.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KC's upcoming schedule is worrisome. They will be the the dog in many of their remaining games. Definitely not the favorite in this game against Denver. I will be at the game in Atlanta, and I suspect the Chiefs will not be favored in that game either. The Raiders are going to be favored. Tennessee is getting better. Their QB has developed into a dangerous player, who could carry them to wins. The Chiefs finish with a game at home against the Broncos, and then away to San Diego.

If the Chiefs don't get their players back to health, and Smith doesn't turn it on, they may be lucky to win one of the final six games. DJ has an achilles injury. That is scary for two reasons. First, his age, and second because he tore his achilles two years ago. DJ started slow, but was playing as good as ever before getting hurt. He has been a disappointment ever since. This is one of the reasons KC cannot stop the run. Maclin has a groin injury, and it appears this may have been a serious one. Houston's return was anticlimactic, while Dee Ford left early with a hamstring tear. Dee Ford will miss this week again. Charcandrick officially had a concussion. Dontari Poe's back is hurting, which should give us a scare. Peters will play, but his hip is still giving him trouble. Howard will miss another week with hip injury. Tamba Hali has a knee issue that has dramatically affected his game. Finally, Steven Nelson, who has been effective as a slot defender, will miss this game with a neck injury. 

Despite their record, the Chiefs have their backs against the wall. They cannot afford to lose any more players to injury. It will be a hard row to hoe from here on out.

Is it too much to ask for the offense to carry the team for a week or two while the defense gets healthy?

Is it too much to ask for the offense to carry the team for a week or two while the defense gets healthy?

It's about time they did, but I have yet seen an aptitude to do so. It all starts with their quarterback, and Smith seems to be befuddled.

Offense is going to have to play great for us to win this week. Alex is going to have to make some plays. That said, if we win this game I feel a Super Bowl appearance is possible. Keys to the game:

Sustain long drives

Run short crossing routes to Maclin, Wilson, and Dat to negate the pass rush

Run the ball with Ware behind Sherman

Use West in the screen game

Throw it to Kelce early and often

Alex needs to run for at least three first downs.

It's going to be really hard but we have a chance. We just need to go back to what we do best. I hope Reid will take this offense back to what it used to look like.

well that ypc can go out the window.. man you guys seem to have forgotten, that we have the single best all around outlside linebacker in the game... yeah wihtout houston the defense aint the same, but this 280 lb freak off a human being is back, and well he is to the run what peters is to the pass.. without one of those guys we are  vulnerable.. with both... not nearly so much.. now when, oh when, will the entire starting defense play at the same time...

Archived