General Manager

We went from first overall draft pick to the playoffs in one year. I agree that MacKenzie is a great GM but, I can't understand thinking he's better.

I think the first year was Andy Reid. He brought Dorsey and Smith in. Dorsey's signing of Bowe to the big contract was too high despite the necessity he felt and we'd all love to have given less than 2 seconds for Smith or had a better QB class that year.

Now, this is Dorsey's team due to everybody being acquired or kept in these four years.

Nope, just more often higher picks. With the exception of Cleveland, when you get as many high first round picks as they have since 2002 your boynd to build a decent team.

They landed a fucking QB thats the difference. We traded for a QB that was kicked to the curb for Colin fucking Kaepernick! Thats how bad it is.

We got the better guy. No doubt. Better results with lower picks.

and yet, they are going to be serious contenders for the next 10 years because they landed a QB.  The Chiefs will not be. WE are going to have to wait until another regime change again and for that GM to finally (hopefully) keep drafting high round qb's.   The Chiefs dont even freaking try.

It is, but everyone passed on Carr. Everyone passed on Prescott 3 times. I think it is fair to say that was more luck than genius.

And even more supporting cast. Alex Smith has little experience in games where a defense like Houston's gets 0 sacks against his offensive line. It's easy to have "poise" when you have all day to throw.

Hogan. Murray. Stanzi. I get you are saying first round QBs. But that is pure luck. We are starting the #1 overall pick and he is most likely going to have a better career than last years #1 overall pick. What I am saying is we are a good team which means we draft in bottom of the first.

Do you give up the Chris Jones and a 3rd for Paxton Linch? I don't know. Right now, I have say no. In 2 years I may change my mind, but my money is on Chris Jones. Where would we be without him?

Lots of injuries for the Chiefs. Alex appears to be having a bad year. Although, according to QBR he rated the best QB of the league (which goes to show that analysis is garbage).

All the talking heads on the networks, and NFL geeks trash Alex Smith's arm. There is nothing wrong with his arm. It's his head. Alex Smith has performed exquisitely. He had a pretty fair game going against the Colts in the playoffs, before the wheels fell off. When the deck is stacked against Alex, he has a 50/50 shot of letting it all hang out. When he does that, he tends to do well. My thought is Alex thinks too much, and doesn't rely on his instincts. Then again, there are the bone head plays, such as the pass into traffic that got intercepted. Someone as smart as Alex should know to throw that pass away. He simply locked in on his receiver, and did not see the coverage.

And even more supporting cast. Alex Smith has little experience in games where a defense like Houston's gets 0 sacks against his offensive line. It's easy to have "poise" when you have all day to throw.

Agree. Carr didn't look too hot when we played him.

Lots of injuries for the Chiefs. Alex appears to be having a bad year. Although, according to QBR he rated the best QB of the league (which goes to show that analysis is garbage).

All the talking heads on the networks, and NFL geeks trash Alex Smith's arm. There is nothing wrong with his arm. It's his head. Alex Smith has performed exquisitely. He had a pretty fair game going against the Colts in the playoffs, before the wheels fell off. When the deck is stacked against Alex, he has a 50/50 shot of letting it all hang out. When he does that, he tends to do well. My thought is Alex thinks too much, and doesn't rely on his instincts. Then again, there are the bone head plays, such as the pass into traffic that got intercepted. Someone as smart as Alex should know to throw that pass away. He simply locked in on his receiver, and did not see the coverage.

I'm late, but IMO that's one of the best observations of Smith to date E. I think you are spot on.

and yet, they are going to be serious contenders for the next 10 years because they landed a QB. The Chiefs will not be. WE are going to have to wait until another regime change again and for that GM to finally (hopefully) keep drafting high round qb's. The Chiefs dont even freaking try.

I'm sure Oakland has room on their bandwagon for you.

Man, I think Dorsey has done an amazing job. This is the best team from top to bottom I've ever seen in KC.

He added WR talent, built depth at RB, DLINE, S, LB, and special teams. Singed a stud RT and has drafted like a man possessed. He has built a bully on the defense Side of the ball.

Man, I think Dorsey has done an amazing job. This is the best team from top to bottom I've ever seen in KC.

He added WR talent, built depth at RB, DLINE, S, LB, and special teams. Singed a stud RT and has drafted like a man possessed. He has built a bully on the defense Side of the ball.

A Big Bully for sure. This bully will only get stronger during the stretch with cold games ahead in January.

Prescott wouldn't even be known if Romo hadn't gotten hurt.  It's all a crap shoot.  For a later round QB to succeed, he has to be better than the scouts think, but he also has to fall into a situation where a good team loses it's QB or just decides to give up on the old one.  The Chiefs don't need to trade away the draft to move into the top 5 just so they can take a chance on hitting a QBOTF.

Archived