The Browns offense has more touchdowns than the Chiefs this year

Put this shit in perspective....

Winning can mask a lot of things. I knew the Kansas City Chiefs offense had been struggling this year. I watch all the games and see it. The Chiefs kept winning so I didn’t dig too deep into the offense struggles.

Now that the Chiefs winning streak has been snapped, I can look up and realize just how bad it’s been this year.

Some perspective....

The Cleveland Browns, who have a QB carousel, have 20 offensive touchdowns this year. The Kansas City Chiefs offense has 18.

I mean ... I can’t even ... I don’t know ... ????

Some more perspective...

The 2006 Chiefs with Herm Edwards and Damon Huard had 23 touchdowns through 10 games. This year’s Chiefs team has 18.

It could always be worse. The Texans and their $72 million quarterback have 15 touchdowns so far.

So, yeah, the Chiefs offense is pretty bad.

I listen to interviews and the KC media seldom asked the questions I want answers to.

What is the plan for improving the offense? Are you considering a different play caller? A change in QB? There has to be a plan to avoid wasting such a good defensive performance. This group will not be together next year wit Poe and Berry as free agents. Hali facing the end of his knees holding up. DJ with nagging injuries that could be age catching up with him.

Is the plan to continue down the same path that has not shown a significant offensive improvement since the first season?

How many drives did it take for the Browns' offense to score their non-garbage time touchdowns?

Someone else can do the footwork on that. I'm tired of babysitting these stupid sky-is-falling threads about a 7-3 team that has won as many games because of its offense as it has because of its defense.

Don't you have a quarterback even more dependent on his defense to win games for him to worry about?

The Denver QB is a first year starter, makes near or at the league minimum, and isn't expected to be the long-term starter.  Alex Smith is considered the KC franchise QB and is paid a LOT of $$$ to play his position.  Also, what in the hell does the Denver QB have to do with Alex Smith?  Are you so immature in your fanhood that honest criticism is too much to handle?

The Denver QB is a first year starter, makes near or at the league minimum, and isn't expected to be the long-term starter. Alex Smith is considered the KC franchise QB and is paid a LOT of $$$ to play his position. Also, what in the hell does the Denver QB have to do with Alex Smith? Are you so immature in your fanhood that honest criticism is too much to handle?

No, he'd rather have Alex than drew brees. That's when I knew he was delusional.

How many drives did it take for the Browns' offense to score their non-garbage time touchdowns?

Someone else can do the footwork on that. I'm tired of babysitting these stupid sky-is-falling threads about a 7-3 team that has won as many games because of its offense as it has because of its defense.

its a 7-3 team in which their qb is getting worse. A qb that can no longer scramble. A QB that doesnt see the field.   Alex Smith's whole game was based on him being able to stretch the field with his legs, He can no longer do this. its a HUGE fucking problem.

Alex Smith is 8 for 302 on passes that travel 20 yards in the air. Come on now. lol

Don't you have a quarterback even more dependent on his defense to win games for him to worry about?

Huge difference, they are starting a youngster, we are starting a 32 year old oooh and they are the defending Superbowl Champions. Chiefs are pretenders hoping to win in the play offs vs guys like Big Ben and Tom Brady. Yeah, its going to end up swell.

Huge difference, they are starting a youngster, we are starting a 32 year old oooh and they are the defending Superbowl Champions. Chiefs are pretenders hoping to win in the play offs vs guys like Big Ben and Tom Brady. Yeah, its going to end up swell.

Then, heck, go be a Broncos fan. They're going to be successful because they have a quarterback that can do a quarter of what Smith can do, but he'll do it on the cheap.

Then, heck, go be a Broncos fan. They're going to be successful because they have a quarterback that can do a quarter of what Smith can do, but he'll do it on the cheap.

why the fuck would i want to be a Broncos fan because im not blind as to see that my team has a major flaw?     Bronco's even if they fail this season, which they will most likely will are always serious contenders not pretenders.

Me wanting my football team to be better means i should go root for someone else?  Thats stupid fucking logic.

He's super limited. This team will never win anything with Reid calling plays and Alex at qb.

He is not super limited. He's limited. Saying over and over again that is limited and having other people see that he's limited, doesn't make him more limited. He is getting older and not using his mobility enough. So, I could see him being limited and declining.

I have voiced my disappointments in his play this year. I have tried to not exaggerate his good play when he's played well. I just don't like the echo chamber getting repeated louder than the original source (the games). He is as limited as most quarterbacks, but he chooses to play to his strengths and that will result in low yardage games and fewer deeper shots. He can and has hit those of similar difficulty before. He isn't super limited as quantity numbers suggest and that goes to reading a defense and seeing the field and taking the shot and executing it. The rates this year are worse than before, though.

If you think Alex Smith is our problem and the world would be a better place if he just retired, I think you are a little naive. He is not a super star. Neither are a lot of our guys. They are lunch pail workers that give you all they have. Wilson is not Ray Lewis in the middle. No shit. Neither are any of our choices. We have studs like Ware, Peters, Mac, but for the most part way have good depth and hard workers.

That kind of reflects our city. It is hard fought gritty wins. It's not pretty. It's tough. It's swinging for the fences when your down. It's refusing to give up when you are out matched. I love these guys and enjoy them. Of course we see flaws in the team and ourselves. But fasten your freaking seat belt because we are going to make the sexy teams fight to win.

Alex Smith, I'm in. Nick Foles, I'm in. Ware, Charles, Ford, Hill, I am in. It is what is. Don't be a pussy and whine about coulda woulda shoulda.

You're coming across as emotionally unstable and football illiterate.  Sometimes the better part of valor is to bow the hell out.

Archived