The Offense

In the last 4 years the offensive rankings:

2013- 21

2014- 25

2015- 27

2016- 24

We have improved almost every position on offense except QB.

Tackles- Fisher, Schwartz

Guard- The Canadien

Center- Morse

TE- Kelce

WR- Maclin, Conley, Hill

RB- We already had one of the best and still added Ware and West.

We've never even sniffed a top ten offense. With an average QB you can only hope for an average offense. Or in our case, lower third. Our defense has carried us to any success we've had. It's interesting that if we don't have major success this year that many would want Alex back for a FIFTH attempt yet don't want to give a talented rookie a chance to develop for a few years.

Now bring on the excuses. It's always entertaining. And of course, how these stats don't mean anything. However if we were a top 5 offense, they certainly would.

Who are you talking to? I feel like everybody here has been open to developing a talented quarterback. Some people have said to do it early no matter what, some people have felt that it was Bray. Etc.

All I have ever said is to give whoever is playing the best chance to succeed and let anyone behind him compete and earn the spot. Draft the team around the quarterback who is playing to succeed as well as build for the future. If a receiver is good for our overall future, draft him. If offensive line is that, do that. And then ask whoever is playing at quarterback to run the offense like you want it. Don't run an offense for that quarterback and then switch when you start asking the other quarterback to do something different. Give the quarterback the tools, coach him appropriately, let him sink or swim, and draft.

Who are you talking to? I feel like everybody here has been open to developing a talented quarterback. Some people have said to do it early no matter what, some people have felt that it was Bray. Etc.

All I have ever said is to give whoever is playing the best chance to succeed and let anyone behind him compete and earn the spot. Draft the team around the quarterback who is playing to succeed as well as build for the future. If a receiver is good for our overall future, draft him. If offensive line is that, do that. And then ask whoever is playing at quarterback to run the offense like you want it. Don't run an offense for that quarterback and then switch when you start asking the other quarterback to do something different. Give the quarterback the tools, coach him appropriately, let him sink or swim, and draft.

Who am I talking to? I wish Dorsey or Reid. But I'll settle for the fine folks on this board. 

Quite honestly, we don't know what we have in Bray. He appears to still have a strong arm, but not much else. Foles seems to be willing, and able to sling the ball, but his footwork is atrocious. I don't believe Foles has improved much, and I can now understand why the Rams gave up on him. Smith has to begin to transition from a running quarterback to a guy, who can be effective in the pocket. His pocket presence is poor.

Quite honestly, we don't know what we have in Bray. He appears to still have a strong arm, but not much else. Foles seems to be willing, and able to sling the ball, but his footwork is atrocious. I don't believe Foles has improved much, and I can now understand why the Rams gave up on him. Smith has to begin to transition from a running quarterback to a guy, who can be effective in the pocket. His pocket presence is poor.

Yes, Smith's pocket presence is poor. When do you ever see him step up in the pocket to make a throw when there is pressure? He tucks and runs. He is frustrating to watch.

One position you have seriously forgotten on offense is PLAYCALLER! We all know the cute red zone calls, the crucial 3rd down play calls, and clock management have been ridiculous. I blame Andy Reid's inability to step aside and let the OCs call the plays for many of the offenses' struggles. Remember last season when we went on the roll? Andy Reid said that Pedersen was calling more of the plays on offense during that time. Also, Andy Reid's gameplan doesn't bode well for offensive rankings. Most of our wins we have raced to a lead and dialed it back in the 2nd half to burn the clock. That throttles the stats you are blaming on the QB.

Kansas City Ranks 24th in pass attempts so far this year and 7th in completion percentage. You can't blame the QB when the coach won't let him throw the ball...

One position you have seriously forgotten on offense is PLAYCALLER! We all know the cute red zone calls, the crucial 3rd down play calls, and clock management have been ridiculous. I blame Andy Reid's inability to step aside and let the OCs call the plays for many of the offenses' struggles. Remember last season when we went on the roll? Andy Reid said that Pedersen was calling more of the plays on offense during that time. Also, Andy Reid's gameplan doesn't bode well for offensive rankings. Most of our wins we have raced to a lead and dialed it back in the 2nd half to burn the clock. That throttles the stats you are blaming on the QB.

Kansas City Ranks 24th in pass attempts so far this year and 7th in completion percentage. You can't blame the QB when the coach won't let him throw the ball...

Horseshit. They are 24th in pass attempts because they cannot sustain drives. Horrible on 3rd down. Completion percentage doesn't mean shit when they go for less than 5 yards.

In the last 4 years the offensive rankings:

2013- 21

2014- 25

2015- 27

2016- 24

We have improved almost every position on offense except QB.

Tackles- Fisher, Schwartz

Guard- The Canadien

Center- Morse

TE- Kelce

WR- Maclin, Conley, Hill

RB- We already had one of the best and still added Ware and West.

We've never even sniffed a top ten offense. With an average QB you can only hope for an average offense. Or in our case, lower third. Our defense has carried us to any success we've had. It's interesting that if we don't have major success this year that many would want Alex back for a FIFTH attempt yet don't want to give a talented rookie a chance to develop for a few years.

Now bring on the excuses. It's always entertaining. And of course, how these stats don't mean anything. However if we were a top 5 offense, they certainly would.

Like the info...BUT....Andy is the Problem....He is out of touch and not using his players to their full potential. Horrific play calling especially in the red zone.

Was this guy not in KC camp last year?

Terrelle Pryor caught 6-of-12 targets for 131 yards in the Browns' Week 12 loss to the Giants.

It was Pryor's third 100-yard game, bringing him to 855 on the season. His 54-yard catch in the fourth quarter was the longest of his career. Pryor's season is astounding when you consider it is his first full campaign at receiver, and has come with a parade of clowns at quarterback. Still only 27 and headed toward free agency, he's going to get real paid if he can avoid the franchise tag. Pryor gets the Browns' Week 13 bye before returning against the Bengals.

Was this guy not in KC camp last year?

Terrelle Pryor caught 6-of-12 targets for 131 yards in the Browns' Week 12 loss to the Giants.

It was Pryor's third 100-yard game, bringing him to 855 on the season. His 54-yard catch in the fourth quarter was the longest of his career. Pryor's season is astounding when you consider it is his first full campaign at receiver, and has come with a parade of clowns at quarterback. Still only 27 and headed toward free agency, he's going to get real paid if he can avoid the franchise tag. Pryor gets the Browns' Week 13 bye before returning against the Bengals.

Reportedly, he refused to play receiver for Andy Reid. That's why we cut him. After that he realized that no one was going to take him as a quarterback, even as a legitimate backup, and so he switched positions.

Archived