Chiefs vs Broncos - Game Thread

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never read the game thread until the game is over, because I refuse to allow the whiners and gripers here to ruin the game for me. This thread really is the worst example that I have read on this board in all the years I have been here (and that's a lot!). I guess I'm going to have to add another couple of guys to my ignore list. You guys are so consumed by your storyline (Alex is terrible, Andy Reid is a terrible play caller, Gaines can't cover, blah, blah, blah) that you just spew the negativity, and ignore all the positives of being a Chiefs fan. Our team had multiple key players injured going into this game, on the road, against a healthy world champion team. So what did our team do? Kept it close all game. Trailing by 8 points with seconds left in the game, we score a touchdown. Then have to convert the 2 points to tie. The Donks kick a field goal in OT, and we have to score on our next possession or we lose. We kick the game-saving FG. The defense holds the Donks to the point that they have to try a 60 plus yard FG to win.  They miss it and we drive the ball all the way down to a chip shot FG to win the game. Doink! It's a great game - a game for the ages! And you guys spent three + hours whining and griping about all things Chiefs. Just shut up until you have something positive to say. You know who you are!

I know Smith is the same player, your opinion on him hasn't changed, it was against a prevent defense, and there were many reasons not named Smith that we won (including lucky bounce and opposing coach's gamble), etc., but I appreciate coming on here and being honest. This isn't the first time I noticed you being "professional" or classy on these boards for Smith, Ford, or other maligned or struggling players.

The offense played well at the end like they did against San Diego but against a better defense, albeit prevent. Clutch on the road against a healthy rested defense (bye week and in game rest). Need to continue this, build off it, run faster paced offense, at least to end halves or occasional surprises.

Thanks KCSL. I've always said I'll gladly eat crow in regards to Alex if it means he plays well and the Chiefs win. I've been critical of Smith when he's played bad. More so because he is the QB/Leader. I actually get a kick out of all the avid Smith supporters who are basking in the glory today because it means the Chiefs won. AND it was against the scumbag Donkeys

I never read the game thread until the game is over, because I refuse to allow the whiners and gripers here to ruin the game for me. This thread really is the worst example that I have read on this board in all the years I have been here (and that's a lot!). I guess I'm going to have to add another couple of guys to my ignore list. You guys are so consumed by your storyline (Alex is terrible, Andy Reid is a terrible play caller, Gaines can't cover, blah, blah, blah) that you just spew the negativity, and ignore all the positives of being a Chiefs fan. Our team had multiple key players injured going into this game, on the road, against a healthy world champion team. So what did our team do? Kept it close all game. Trailing by 8 points with seconds left in the game, we score a touchdown. Then have to convert the 2 points to tie. The Donks kick a field goal in OT, and we have to score on our next possession or we lose. We kick the game-saving FG. The defense holds the Donks to the point that they have to try a 60 plus yard FG to win. They miss it and we drive the ball all the way down to a chip shot FG to win the game. Doink! It's a great game - a game for the ages! And you guys spent three + hours whining and griping about all things Chiefs. Just shut up until you have something positive to say. You know who you are!

What I don't like is that if we had stalled on that drive where we needed eight points, people would say it was typical because the offense can't do it or Smith can't do it. I told you so's.

And then when we do it, they say it's prevent defense. I don't think anyone can honestly say that Smith couldn't do that against prevent and whether they succeeded or did not, people would know that it would've been prevent. Also couldn't say that it was expected nor would I be surprised if we did stall. After we do stall, the word "can't" comes out as opposed to didn't.

And then when we get those two field goals at the end of the game, people will talk about the bonehead decision by Kubiak but if we had taken a sack and got out of field-goal position, it would be typical Chiefs where Smith doesn't know the key situation, takes terrible sacks, etc.

I am sometimes okay with the stopped clock works twice a day type of argument sometimes, but I know that when it doesn't work out, the word never, can't, always, etc. comes out. I get frustration when these things happen, but Reid and Smith have been in the league long enough that they have basically done everything they can do good and bad. Tendencies are one thing, superlatives in the positive or negative or another. Conclusions are often wrong.

And some people, I rarely hear back when this team succeeds. Some will eat crow, some won't. And even if one doesn't need to eat crow, they disappear, nor the positives, focus on the negative's, pay lip service to the positives, etc. I don't think anyone needs to offer any apologies for how they act in a game day thread, but as I posted above to AZChiefs21, I appreciate when I see both sides.

it was a soft defense in the 4th quarter, but alex did what he had to do.   DO i wish we had another qb beside Alex Smith? absolutely, I hate Alex Smith as the QB for the Chiefs, BUT i wish he does well because he plays for the Chiefs. I want him to play like he did in the 4th quarter and overtime more often. I dont know why he doesnt trust himself. 

With that said, we are 8-3 and sitting nice.

Agreed 2008. It wasn't soft coverage by any means at the end of the 4th quarter. Talib and Harris each had tight coverage  and batted passes in the end zone on that last drive. The only thing holding Alex back was the game plan. When Reid let him off the leash, he delivered.

it was a soft defense in the 4th quarter, but alex did what he had to do. DO i wish we had another qb beside Alex Smith? absolutely, I hate Alex Smith as the QB for the Chiefs, BUT i wish he does well because he plays for the Chiefs. I want him to play like he did in the 4th quarter and overtime more often. I dont know why he doesnt trust himself.

With that said, we are 8-3 and sitting nice.

I don't think you wish we had another quarterback. I think you wish we had a better quarterback. We could definitely do worse. (No, I don't accept wanting a worse quarterback to get a better draft pick as a legitimate valid reason, so I give that no credence.)

It wasn't really soft at the very end, but I understand preevent defense. Why in the world the Broncos felt they had to do prevent against our offense, I don't know. But if we had stalled, everybody would be here with the I told you so's. They might still be here to tell us what we know, but I'm not really going to waste my time in that negativity after a big win on the road against a healthy rested Champion great defensive team with a lot of people out on our team. I'm just not.

Andy Reid and Dorsey can figure out the rest for the off-season. And if they don't, I will still root for our guys. (I don't really buy anything that supports the Chiefs like tickets or anything, so I don't think I would be contributing to an extension of hypothetical poor management decisions by rooting for them.)

Props for coming back and saying something positive. By the way, I don't need something positive when we lose and I do give credit to a lot of people besides the offense for the win. I just think that people should say something positive after a win against a good team and sometimes we don't get that. But we almost always get the negative when we lose a prime time or a big game.

EXACTLY!

Pass Rush is going to be key.

Gaines was "lit up" last night.

w

What's great is the combination of the 3 on obvious passing downs. On the safety, Houston was just inside of Hali on the right side, basically the tackle position. Then Hali twisted to the inside. Imagine trying to block that then visualize Ford on the opposite side.

Game thread was bad yesterday.   I have played my share of football and that means on into college.  I was not good enough to hang around but I do consider myself okay at my football knowledge.  And I read a lot of the crap being posted.   I understand it is instantaneous and sometimes what we put on is not well thought out.  That being said....  some of this garbage is the same stuff I used to hear 50 years ago when I played.   Its the coach.  Its the quarterback.  Too slow.   Doesn't have arm strength.  See look how he missed that pass.....Sun got in my eyes.  

It reflects a lack of basic knowledge about football.   When you post Captain Obvious stuff on here....constantly.....any worthwhile comments are lost in the harangue.  

I throw in with Always Chiefs and some of the others in saying that when someone posts game comments,  perhaps they should put a little bit of thought into what they are posting.  All the negative football clichés betray a knack of fundamental football knowledge.

And by the way.....  Carl Peterson needs to be fired.

Game thread was bad yesterday.   I have played my share of football and that means on into college.  I was not good enough to hang around but I do consider myself okay at my football knowledge.  And I read a lot of the crap being posted.   I understand it is instantaneous and sometimes what we put on is not well thought out.  That being said....  some of this garbage is the same stuff I used to hear 50 years ago when I played.   Its the coach.  Its the quarterback.  Too slow.   Doesn't have arm strength.  See look how he missed that pass.....Sun got in my eyes.  

It reflects a lack of basic knowledge about football.   When you post Captain Obvious stuff on here....constantly.....any worthwhile comments are lost in the harangue.  

I throw in with Always Chiefs and some of the others in saying that when someone posts game comments,  perhaps they should put a little bit of thought into what they are posting.  All the negative football clichés betray a knack of fundamental football knowledge.

You're right.  People who couldn't get a job as waterboy come on here and act as if they're superior to the coach making millions.  Still, part of the fun of being a fan and following the team is playing coach during the season and GM during the draft.  It's cheap fun and harmless as long as personal insults are left out.

I never played college football. Played HS football and baseball. I've always thought that a QB could have a weak arm, it could be bad play calling, a cornerback could get toasted by not having a clue where the ball is. If someone wants to go into a game thread and ventilate about shitty play, what's the problem? Are we all just supposed to sit there until something positive happens then fart roses? 50 yards of offense in the first half is not a positive. A CB getting burned play after play is not a positive. Free speech! Unless we don't agree with you. Don't say mean, negative things. I've been a Chiefs fan all my life, if they play terrible they play terrible. A bunch of fans discussing it on a discussion doesn't change how I feel about them. What's worse? Somebody complaining about the game even though we won or somebody complaining about somebody complaining? Enjoy the win.

Game thread was bad yesterday. I have played my share of football and that means on into college. I was not good enough to hang around but I do consider myself okay at my football knowledge. And I read a lot of the crap being posted. I understand it is instantaneous and sometimes what we put on is not well thought out. That being said.... some of this garbage is the same stuff I used to hear 50 years ago when I played. Its the coach. Its the quarterback. Too slow. Doesn't have arm strength. See look how he missed that pass.....Sun got in my eyes.

It reflects a lack of basic knowledge about football. When you post Captain Obvious stuff on here....constantly.....any worthwhile comments are lost in the harangue.

I throw in with Always Chiefs and some of the others in saying that when someone posts game comments, perhaps they should put a little bit of thought into what they are posting. All the negative football clichés betray a knack of fundamental football knowledge.

And by the way..... Carl Peterson needs to be fired.

I'm flabbergasted that anyone would look at the play of the Offense and go yep, everything is looking good.

I'd invite anyone to take a chance to look at the All-22 and see how many big plays are wasted every game.

The Alex Cassel stuff is silly, but Smith is very limited.

EXACTLY!

Pass Rush is going to be key.

Gaines was "lit up" last night.

w

i will admit i posted a few times about gaines getting smoked and i briefly lost my mind when that TD was scored against him that gave the 8 point lead. I did say it looked like he gave up when in fact he would have had to have a rocket on his back to catch up...however,  i will never apologize for being passionate about my team and shooting from the lip sometimes, if someone wants to put me on ignore because of that then so be it. I am a 52 year old man, i think i can take it

I admit I don't always like reading the game thread, but I think it's hard to tell how a person's demeanor is when commenting on an internet forum. I watched the game with two of my best childhood friends, who both played HS football. It was fun watching them go back and forth about what they thought about the game.

Some of the things they discussed/debated was about the same stuff that is discussed on the forum, but it was all good-natured and fun. 

I admit I don't always like reading the game thread, but I think it's hard to tell how a person's demeanor is when commenting on an internet forum. I watched the game with two of my best childhood friends, who both played HS football. It was fun watching them go back and forth about what they thought about the game.

Some of the things they discussed/debated was about the same stuff that is discussed on the forum, but it was all good-natured and fun.

It's me they're talking about. It's all good. I know what I've played, contributed, competed in and done. I played baseball at a high level. I played football.

Alex did a good job. He did it when he had to.

Thats one more regular season win. My opinion hasn't changed. He is one dimensional and when it comes down to a game like last night against great defenses, he's going to be limited.

This franchise has won plenty of regular season games over the last 30 years. They've won about 5 playoff games...

I don't see them winning anything that matters with smith.

If they had made it people would have said how great it was.

I hasten to add that if he had made it the FG would have been one yard shy of the record longest FG in NFL history. That's a great leap of faith in your kicker in a game where your team is playing for the playoffs and losing means you are two games out and currently out of the playoffs. I'm really still thinking that Kubiaks decision cost the Broncos the game because of the awesome field position that was literally gifted to the Chiefs. Punting made more sense in that game with playoff implications on the line. That's why it was an asinine call in my opinion.

Archived