Chiefs vs Broncos - Game Thread

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hasten to add that if he had made it the FG would have been one yard shy of the record longest FG in NFL history. That's a great leap of faith in your kicker in a game where your team is playing for the playoffs and losing means you are two games out and currently out of the playoffs. I'm really still thinking that Kubiaks decision cost the Broncos the game because of the awesome field position that was literally gifted to the Chiefs. Punting made more sense in that game with playoff implications on the line. That's why it was an asinine call in my opinion.

Going back to one of my earlier points, how is a tie that much better than a loss to DEN?  Unless they or OAK tie another game later this season, a tie and loss means the same thing.  Den has to make up two games against the Raider either way.  Just wondering.

Just like I did after a bad Smith game, I felt it only fair to go back to the drops in a win when I thought it was contributing to a bad start but didn't really besides one drive. I counted five drops for around 38 yards, but three of those were inconsequential.

One was a 4 yard or where we ended up getting a first down by penalty of the next play. Doesn't make a difference. One was a 3 yard play before a punt which really didn't make much of a difference in field position. One was a 12 yard or that Kelce dropped that would've been a first down and probably lead to a field goal or better. One was a 16 yard pass drop by Kelce which would have put us around the 46 yard line. Can't say that would be a field goal or a touchdown, but it would've been something.

So, I don't think drops were at issue in this game as much as I had thought when it happened.

There was a throwaway, two batted balls, including one that actually worked out in our favor timewise.

I saw fewer drops by Denver, but they were pretty much all consequential.

A friend of mine had a choice of going to the Chiefs/Donkeys game or a SoCal beach for her birthday. She chose the Chiefs/Donkeys. Did I mentioned she's a Donkey fan? I wished her a hearty Happy Birthday! Doink! It's still good.

She was going to get burned either way.

Archived