Alex Smith

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, what now excuse makers?

Who's fault is it?

Left the defense out to dry again.

Reid & Dorsey both suck. Dorsey drafts to replace upcoming free agents. Hell San Diego drafted a guy that sat out all of camp and is an absolute stud. Chiefs draft guys that take 3 years to get on the field. They did not draft for needs. They did not even draft best player available.  Oline still sucks and we drafted 9-10  defensive backs and defensive linemen the last 2 years. Yes Smith sucks and that is on Reid and Dorsey too. They Suck.

People can and will find several reasons we won the game, namely being Hill, Houston, defense in general, Santos making a few calls even if by a hair, prevent defense, Kubiak's call, etc. but raise your hand if any of you felt that we were going to win that game. This was lower than the probability of winning the Chargers game, albeit the Chargers D is not great. We had everybody play well at some point in this game, the context of clutch vs the context of prevent still makes it meaningful.

People can and will find several reasons we won the game, namely being Hill, Houston, defense in general, Santos making a few calls even if by a hair, prevent defense, Kubiak's call, etc. but raise your hand if any of you felt that we were going to win that game. This was lower than the probability of winning the Chargers game, albeit the Chargers D is not great. We had everybody play well at some point in this game, the context of clutch vs the context of prevent still makes it meaningful.

Alex just got his confidence back. Why can't Reid just take the training wheels off of him already. He was clutch tonight when we needed it. Sure he sucked early on , but who could be confident with those conservative play calls.

Alex just got his confidence back. Why can't Reid just take the training wheels off of him already. He was clutch tonight when we needed it. Sure he sucked early on , but who could be confident with those conservative play calls.

He sucked early and there were several drops - but none really significant. I get the field position game and the chance of breaking one, but really a dropped pass on a pass short of the sticks isn't much to worry about.

He made plays when we needed them most. If you can't enjoy that win you need to find another team. It's hard to win in mile high and we don't do it often.

Yeah, just enjoy the wins.  The Donks have the best CB and a super pass rush.  The Chiefs were missing Maclin.  I don't care about the stats, when it came crunch time, the offense did what they had to do.  Smith isn't a top QB statistically and will never be the flashy player some want to see, but no turnovers is worth a lot of yards.

Maybe this game will get Alex Smith off the schneid. He started to get it going before the concussion that wasn't a concussion. Then, it was gone again. Alex Smith seemingly needs the wheels to be falling off before he can get enough juice to play at a proficient level. 

One of the best wins for the Team in 20 years.

Let's remind ourselves:

Denver is the Defending Super Bowl Champs

Denver has a GREAT Defense

We just watched the best game since some other Bozo QB named Montana beat the Bronco's on a cold night in Denver.

w

Is it possible that the interception that lost the TB game affected Smith last night?  He's supposed to be the guy that plays to not lose and that's how he played until desperation time in DEN.  Maybe the last twenty minutes of last night's game will bring back the Smith we saw before the head shots in Indy.  Hopefully.

Won the biggest game of the season. This is the Smith we need this year. He was in complete control in those final drives. It's time to relax and smoke the peace pipe. Cali, smoke the peace pipe peacefully for the spirit of the buffalo

Nah, Smith is the same person as he was before the game, It's just some people like to exaggerate to get a point across when they don't think anyone is listening. This also happens when someone thinks too highly of their own opinion, but I won't accuse that here. Some people paint themselves into a corner where our team succeeding is a conflict of interest, but again, I won't accuse that here.

But I knew he was capable, just didn't think it would happen. I also know that there were plenty of reasons why we won the game besides Smith, just happy that Smith contributed and played well in the clutch (though I want Hill's route to go into the end zone next time). Some people point out the prevent defense, etc., but those same people would be the ones that would have come out and said I told you so if we had failed.

Alex Smith's offense could not move the ball against the opposing defense, not until they went to the no huddle offense. Smith, since suffering two concussions (I know they say they weren't, but come on now) in one game, has been abysmal. For 7/8 of the game yesterday, he flat out sucked. Then the urgency demanded Smith take the reigns, and he did. He performed under pressure.

I do believe Alex Smith was playing poorly due to a head injury. However, even more importantly, he was overthinking. The way Alex works, he overthinks, and that destroys continuity. Instead of playing off instincts, he tries to calculate the better risk. Those decisions should be made, but not necessarily during the game. He has to learn to be more instinctual.

Nah, Smith is the same person as he was before the game, It's just some people like to exaggerate to get a point across when they don't think anyone is listening. This also happens when someone thinks too highly of their own opinion, but I won't accuse that here. Some people paint themselves into a corner where our team succeeding is a conflict of interest, but again, I won't accuse that here.

But I knew he was capable, just didn't think it would happen. I also know that there were plenty of reasons why we won the game besides Smith, just happy that Smith contributed and played well in the clutch (though I want Hill's route to go into the end zone next time). Some people point out the prevent defense, etc., but those same people would be the ones that would have come out and said I told you so if we had failed.

He played his best game last night. Need it every game to get to the superbowl through the AFC

He played his best game last night. Need it every game to get to the superbowl through the AFC

I think that if there weren't so many drops in the first two drives, we may have been able to build upon something and have a better game. But when people were not catching the passes and Smith wasn't being particularly accurate, that spells disaster because then we go into a shell.

While I don't think he was playing well by any means and I cannot blame drops as the reason, I do think that it did contextualize the game against the great defense. I'm not saying those would lead to points, but it would rest the defense, get maybe a few first downs? (The defense didn't need any rest for the first few drives of the game because the game just started, but it would've helped later in the game if they had the rest and a better lead.) It would also play the field position game better. Anything was better than how we started.

I think that if there weren't so many drops in the first two drives, we may have been able to build upon something and have a better game. But when people were not catching the passes and Smith wasn't being particularly accurate, that spells disaster because then we go into a shell.

While I don't think he was playing well by any means and I cannot blame drops as the reason, I do think that it did contextualize the game against the great defense. I'm not saying those would lead to points, but it would rest the defense, get maybe a few first downs? (The defense didn't need any rest for the first few drives of the game because the game just started, but it would've helped later in the game if they had the rest and a better lead.) It would also play the field position game better. Anything was better than how we started.

Maclin, brother. We need him badly. 

Archived