There were several reasons we won the game, namely being Hill, Houston, defense in general, Santos making a field goals even if by a hair, prevent defense, Kubiak's call, etc. but raise your hand if any of you felt that we were going to win that game.

This was lower than the probability of winning the Chargers game with the 21 point deficit, albeit the Chargers D is not great. We had everybody play well at some point in this game, the context of clutch vs the context of prevent still makes it meaningful.

Especially with Denver coming off the bye week...I had this one as a loss. I'll be honest, I hadn't watched a single snap of NFL football since the Chiefs lost to Tampa Bay. It left such a bad taste in my mouth. This win almost makes up for it.

No matter what happens from here on out, this has been a great season. We are as good as anyone in the NFL. Last nights game took 10 years off my life. What more could you want. Go into Denver with a bunch of backups and pull out a win at Mile High?

3-0 in the toughest division in football.

Beat the Raiders and the Broncos in there house. Damn this is fun.

I really want the Tampa Bay game back and Houston, too, but I should keep my word and forgive one of them by winning in Denver. The other, I will curse. Since Houston is worse, I think, that's the stinker.

Agree about the Tampa Bay game.  That's one the Chiefs should have won easily.  But when I think that way, then I remind myself that  SAN gave away the first game to KC, the Panthers threw a pick six and let Peters strip a ball to give a game to KC, DEN got stupid and game a game to a bunch of backups at their house.  The point is that things don't always go by the book.  Look at what TB did to SEA yesterday and maybe we can adjust our thinking about how easily the Chiefs should have beaten them.  I thought the Chief had a good chance of going 1-3 in the third quarter of the season.  I was wrong.  Every game has been the opposite of what was expected.  ATL will be very tough and unless the Chiefs get some players back they will lose that game.  Hope I'm wrong again.

Agree about the Tampa Bay game. That's one the Chiefs should have won easily. But when I think that way, then I remind myself that SAN gave away the first game to KC, the Panthers threw a pick six and let Peters strip a ball to give a game to KC, DEN got stupid and game a game to a bunch of backups at their house. The point is that things don't always go by the book. Look at what TB did to SEA yesterday and maybe we can adjust our thinking about how easily the Chiefs should have beaten them. I thought the Chief had a good chance of going 1-3 in the third quarter of the season. I was wrong. Every game has been the opposite of what was expected. ATL will be very tough and unless the Chiefs get some players back they will lose that game. Hope I'm wrong again.

I know what you mean. It is hard to predict week to week. We were the walking dead coming into Denver who had every player and coming off a bye. Go figure.

I know what you mean. It is hard to predict week to week. We were the walking dead coming into Denver who had every player and coming off a bye. Go figure.

I like to think the Chiefs match up well against the Falcons. Matt Ryan, has been superb this year , but he's known for throwing a few picks here and there. One thing's for sure. They have a great RB in Freeman, but we'll need to play two safteties deep no question.

I like to think the Chiefs match up well against the Falcons. Matt Ryan, has been superb this year , but he's known for throwing a few picks here and there. One thing's for sure. They have a great RB in Freeman, but we'll need to play two safteties deep no question.

Their best DB just went down for the year.

They have two great RB by the way.

Beasley and Freeny will still be a handful for the Chiefs' line.  Trufant missing might give the Chiefs some opportunities if Maclin can come back.

Vic Beasley is currently their best defensive player. Freeney is still disruptive, but at 36, he has slowed down. Freeney has 3 sacks, and they came in games against New Orleans, Carolina, and Denver. After those three games, he has not had one in the past 5 games. Beasley has 9.5 sacks this year (his second season).

Archived