There was something different about Eric Berry in the Chiefs win over the Broncos

Ohh yeah.  Eric was attacking HARD that night.  Never seen that kind of focus and intensity..

The box score will tell you that Eric Berry had five tackles in the Kansas City Chiefs win over the Denver Broncos on Sunday night. Unlike his pick-six a couple weeks ago, the box score does not tell the entire story in this game.

Berry was a man possessed against the Broncos. I’m not sure I ever remember seeing him as ... I’m not sure what the word is, motivated? Determined? Andy Reid described it as a sense of purpose.

“Yeah, he is a tough kid, number one,” Andy Reid said on Monday via quotes from the Chiefs. “He came in with a purpose. Not that he doesn’t every game, but I thought he really came in with a strong purpose in this game. He’s been our leader all the way through, so it’s just a matter of stepping up in this game here. It was one of those kind of games, and he clearly had something in mind there that he was going to bring to the table, and he did that.”

Now, if we’re being honest, that aggression got the best of him on a couple of hits which might cost him a few bucks but it was more than that. He looked like a man on a mission. He finished every play. When the Chiefs huddled in the locker room, it was Berry who was standing in the middle.

This is one of those games that tells you a lot more than just this game. Berry is a free agent after this season and after this game I go back to what I said earlier: I can’t imagine Berry playing elsewhere. He is the heartbeat of this team.

ore From Arrowhead Pride

•  

This may be Eric Berry's last season with the Chiefs. He is laying it all out on the line. He is playing with abandon. He is also making mistakes, which have not been mentioned. On the pass to Saunders, where Gaines was beat badly, someone was supposed to help out over the top. That someone, may have been Berry. He was in nowhere land, and it is likely he goofed up. Still, Berry is playing his best. Mistakes or not, Berry is playing at a very high level.

This may be Eric Berry's last season with the Chiefs. He is laying it all out on the line. He is playing with abandon. He is also making mistakes, which have not been mentioned. On the pass to Saunders, where Gaines was beat badly, someone was supposed to help out over the top. That someone, may have been Berry. He was in nowhere land, and it is likely he goofed up. Still, Berry is playing his best. Mistakes or not, Berry is playing at a very high level.

Berry was discussed on the radio today and Poe's Back issues may mean that EB gets the Long term deal and stays with KC and Poe gets the franchise tag or is free to go to another team.

Berry was discussed on the radio today and Poe's Back issues may mean that EB gets the Long term deal and stays with KC and Poe gets the franchise tag or is free to go to another team.

EB is more important to this team. I would like to have both, but EB needs to sign a long term deal. Poe's back may present a problem for him in negotiating a deal. Hate to see him go, but that now seems likely.

Jones is a Beast

Nacho is playing his ass off.

Chiefs have proven that they can develop DL.

I think Berry is ahead of Poe right now at the money trough.

w

They have berry roaming more the way it should be.

I didn't think so before, but I agree now, bring berry back.

Berry is better than Poe. I just wish he could play deep safety against pass. He was deep safety and not even in the camera shot on in of rhose deep passes. Gaines was getting torched. Why wasn't he helping? That was driving me crazy. If he figures that out he will be the best safety in football.

Berry is better than Poe. I just wish he could play deep safety against pass. He was deep safety and not even in the camera shot on in of rhose deep passes. Gaines was getting torched. Why wasn't he helping? That was driving me crazy. If he figures that out he will be the best safety in football.

That is normally Parker's job. Parker is much faster, and has better range. Parker had to play CB, and Sorensen played S. That meant EB was the back S, and he was a big reason why Gaines was torched so much, and so often. Oh well, it all worked out. Hope Nelson will be healthy against Atlanta. They have some really good receivers.

On the zero coverage he had the tight end. Take a look again. We miss Abdullah

Yes he is and I would keep him over Poe. However, I see Berry's contract demands staying the same but, Poe losing money. He's banged up and maybe Dorsey can get a fair deal at the end of the year.

Also, this article is stupid. You can hear about 3-4 of Berry's hits every single game. Did you see him flip Blake Bortles as he was running out of bounds a couple of weeks ago? What about Hurns? He knocked him out of the game. It's like that every week. 

Archived