I'm through predicting against these Chiefs

I'm through betting against the Chiefs with excuses like too many injuries, the Chiefs are on the road, there's no way they can stop the other teams strengths and Alex Smith and the offense have looked terrible lately. There's a kind of magic with this team and I know it sounds hokey and homerish to say that but I really think the Chiefs are going to go into Atlanta and expose the Falcons one dimensional "team" and kick them about the face and head.

I'm through betting against the Chiefs with excuses like too many injuries, the Chiefs are on the road, there's no way they can stop the other teams strengths and Alex Smith and the offense have looked terrible lately. There's a kind of magic with this team and I know it sounds hokey and homerish to say that but I really think the Chiefs are going to go into Atlanta and expose the Falcons one dimensional "team" and kick them about the face and head.

Great, now they're gonna lose!!! 

With the crazy amount of improbable comebacks they have had this year I don't know how you can count them out before the game is played. It's impossible to use logic and reason against this team and say with 100 percent certainty that they will lose for even the most logical reasons. They have only been beaten soundly one time this year and in the other losses they still had a chance up until the very end. I can't predict against them. I don't think anyone can at this point.

The Chiefs can beat ATL, but I don't think they will.  Can Gaines shut down Julio Jones?  The team has won three games that should have gone the other way.  Can't depend on Peters snatching a ball away or Kubiak getting stupid every week.  A win this weekend will be a bonus and probably give the Chiefs a better than average chance to win the division.  A loss and they still have a good shot.  Not saying the game isn't important.  They all are.  It's just that this weekend is the least important of their remaining games.

I will be under the dome in ATL. My wife got tickets for us, and her cousin, and his wife. So, I will have to be on my best behavior (which is generally not an issue).

Atlanta has a really good team. Julio Jones is a super star receiver. Jones is 6'3", and ran a 4.39 40. More importantly, his shuttle times and three cone times were well above average. So, he will be a match up problem. Sunu is a big, tough receiver, who fights for passes over the middle. He is not fast or sudden, but uses his size to make intermediate catches. Justin Hardy is a sure handed receiver, who is not fast, but has good mobility. Taylor Gabriel went to school with Charcandrick West. Gabriel is small, only weighs 160 lbs. He is not as fast, or strong as Tyreek Hill, but he may be quicker. He resembles Dante Hall. Austin Hooper is their TE, and he is adequate, but nothing special. Their running back, Devonta Freeman, is a shifty, compact runner. He lacks top end speed, but has good hands, and is a decent blocker.

Matt Ryan has cleaned up his interception problems that plagued him early in his career. He can be fooled into throwing an INT. He slings the ball freely. He is tall, and moves well within the pocket.

This will be a fight to the very end.

Virtually every post here has been an analysis of offenses vs. defenses .  For some reason, few ever try to match up the special teams in their predictions.  And yet, the Chiefs have one of the very best ST units.  I don't know what Atlanta's is  like, but nearly every one of our victories has heavily involved special teams play.  ST's are a third of the game, folks. I think we will have the field position advantage.

What about psychology?  The Chiefs have a team feeling like the Royals had in 2015.  They have come from behind 4 times this year, including last week in a brutal smash-mouth game against their biggest rival on the road. They are not intimidated by being behind or on the road.  8 Chiefs are from Georgia, and some from Atlanta.  They are going to be totally pumped to put on a show.  I like the intangibles.

The Chiefs, with the exception of that Pittsburgh game, have spent the season playing up or down to their competition. They have seemed to match the intensity of their opponents or the lack of it. I think it will be a good game today. Go Chiefs!

Bilyous, where the F have you been? Haven't seen you here in forever. Well, a few days? Don't do that. Retired people shouldn't really do as they please. ;)

I have mostly been wasting my time in The Locker Room.   :lol: BTW, with regard to your last sentence, you sound like my wife.

Also, I went to the Bucs game and was pretty bummed about it.  So, I avoided Chiefs talk for a couple of weeks.

I have mostly been wasting my time in The Locker Room.   :lol: BTW, with regard to your last sentence, you sound like my wife.

Also, I went to the Bucs game and was pretty bummed about it.  So, I avoided Chiefs talk for a couple of weeks.

Same thing here.  After the TB game, I just didn't feel like getting involved.  That all changed last Sunday night.

Archived