Time to switch focus to Falcons (7-4)

T'was great celebrating the Chiefs doing the Donks dirty these past few days; however, tis time to matchup vs Atlanta for a great AFC/NFC game this late in the season. Keys to victory: pressure Ryan, score TDs, don't allow big plays.

If the Chiefs can manage to win in Atlanta, they should then continue this momentum right to the heart of the f*cking Raiders and give it their all and win it for the home fans. They can then relax a bit with a nice break before their game vs the Titans, yea?

This game, if won, is the potential for a huge momentum force heading into December. With this, they could secure a bye

Julio Jones is a top five receiver. Matt Ryan has the arm to get him the ball. They average 10 + yards per first down completion. The Chiefs get about 6 yards per completion. Atlanta is a fast strike offense. Their running back gets 4.5 yards per carry. They typically pass to set up the run. On defense, they have Beasley, who is a LB w/ 8.5 sacks. Freeney is also on the team. He is getting old, but still got a sack in 3 consecutive games. Their best cb is out for the season, but Robert Alford has the speed to keep up with most any receiver in the league. Tyson Jackson is still playing for them in the middle. Gabriel Taylor is lightning quick, and hails from Abiline Christian University, which is where Charcandrick West attended. They probably know each other well.

If the Chiefs have to lose a game, this would be the one.  It would hurt less than any other remaining.  I think it all depends on who the Chiefs get back from injury and how effective those players can be.  It would be a good time to test Ford and Houston on the field together as well as the combination of Hill, Maclin, and Conley.  My biggest concern is whether Gaines can bounce back and if Nelson can help on the right side.  Smith should get better, especially if Maclin plays, against a lesser D than the Donks presented.

Falcons 31

Chiefs 24

I could be wrong if the Chiefs D steps up.

Interestingly, a lot of NFL writers and analysts are picking KC to win. Now that and 5 bucks will get a latte at Starbucks. I do think this is a winnable game  with the right game plan in place. We all know the way to neutralize a high powered offense. Ball control. I think the Chiefs need to commit to the run. When Atlanta lost to Philly that was the difference. The Eagles ran all over the Falcons. Now I'm still uncertain exactly how good our offensive line is. Seems like they are up and down. But this is the week we should try to get Ware really going. 

Get a lead early. Don't turn the ball over. Play field position. Pound the ball on the ground. Chew clock....and hope it's enough :)

Getting Maclin, Nelson and Ford back would help tremendously.

I think Peters will get smoked quite a bit by Jones but I also think he'll pick one. If he matches Jones TDs in Ints we will be alright. 

Desmond Trufant, pro bowl CB, is done for the year and has been placed on IR this week. Jalen Collins, the CB, taking his place is terrible. Kelce will be going against young safeties and the Falcons pass rush is pretty dismal. Alex could throw for 300 yards and 3 TDs this week. I think this is a good opprotunity to get the passing game on track. 

Interestingly, a lot of NFL writers and analysts are picking KC to win. Now that and 5 bucks will get a latte at Starbucks. I do think this is a winnable game with the right game plan in place. We all know the way to neutralize a high powered offense. Ball control. I think the Chiefs need to commit to the run. When Atlanta lost to Philly that was the difference. The Eagles ran all over the Falcons. Now I'm still uncertain exactly how good our offensive line is. Seems like they are up and down. But this is the week we should try to get Ware really going.

Get a lead early. Don't turn the ball over. Play field position. Pound the ball on the ground. Chew clock....and hope it's enough :)

Getting Maclin, Nelson and Ford back would help tremendously.

Andy needs to copy the gameplan from the Raiders game. Ran the ball much more than passed it and we dominated top. Alex had a very efficient game as well.

Best way for KC to control their offense is to play keep away and not let them have many chances.

I think Peters will get smoked quite a bit by Jones but I also think he'll pick one. If he matches Jones TDs in Ints we will be alright.

Desmond Trufant, pro bowl CB, is done for the year and has been placed on IR this week. Jalen Collins, the CB, taking his place is terrible. Kelce will be going against young safeties and the Falcons pass rush is pretty dismal. Alex could throw for 300 yards and 3 TDs this week. I think this is a good opprotunity to get the passing game on track.

That's a lofty passing goal for a dismal passing game. I hope you are right. It would be great if it happens. I hope maclin makes an impact. Prior to injury he wasn't doing much and dropping balls.

Probably the injury was there all along and Maclin tried to play through it. At least, that's the speculation on a lot of talk radio.

Maclin wasn't using it as a reason but his best friend passing I think had something to do with the drops we were seeing from him. Could of been a combo of that and injury.

My biggest concern is 3rd down conversions by our offense. You can pound the ball a lot if you can convert 3rd downs. Something the Chiefs have been very dismal at lately. It's frustrating because I think this offense is good enough to hold it's own on paper. But it just hasn't been translating to the field.

My biggest concern is 3rd down conversions by our offense. You can pound the ball a lot if you can convert 3rd downs. Something the Chiefs have been very dismal at lately. It's frustrating because I think this offense is good enough to hold it's own on paper. But it just hasn't been translating to the field.

Yes keep Mr. Matt Ryan off the field

I hope Dee Ford and Justin Houston can play. Although, I do not want them to risk further injury unnecessarily. With a good pass rush, I believe the Chiefs can get to Matt Ryan, and maybe create a few turnovers.

I'm going to the game with my wife's cousin from Atlanta. She ordered me a new jersey from Chiefs.com. It was supposed to be rushed delivery. My Poe Jersey is stuck in Toledo, OH, and they only committed to me getting it by Tuesday. So, I will have to wear my old one that was ruined in the wash. My son, and I had a Derrick Thomas jersey, but he outgrew his, and mine came up missing.

I hope Dee Ford and Justin Houston can play. Although, I do not want them to risk further injury unnecessarily. With a good pass rush, I believe the Chiefs can get to Matt Ryan, and maybe create a few turnovers.

I'm going to the game with my wife's cousin from Atlanta. She ordered me a new jersey from Chiefs.com. It was supposed to be rushed delivery. My Poe Jersey is stuck in Toledo, OH, and they only committed to me getting it by Tuesday. So, I will have to wear my old one that was ruined in the wash. My son, and I had a Derrick Thomas jersey, but he outgrew his, and mine came up missing.

You have two Poe jerseys?

You have two Poe jerseys?

No, I don't possess one yet. My wife ordered it Monday, to be shipped, and delivered priority. She got word yesterday, Thursday, that it was still in Toledo, and should be delivered Tuesday. Well, that just won't work! (not that I can do anything about it).

No, I don't possess one yet. My wife ordered it Monday, to be shipped, and delivered priority. She got word yesterday, Thursday, that it was still in Toledo, and should be delivered Tuesday. Well, that just won't work! (not that I can do anything about it).

I see, and what jersey you have is ruined?

If the Chiefs have to lose a game, this would be the one. It would hurt less than any other remaining.

They lose this week kiss winning the west goodbye. They would have to pretty much run the table and get help from other teams.

Win this week in Atl at worst keeps them within one of Oakland setting up a all or nothing show down Thursday night in KC.

They lose this week kiss winning the west goodbye. They would have to pretty much run the table and get help from other teams.

Win this week in Atl at worst keeps them within one of Oakland setting up a all or nothing show down Thursday night in KC.

Not mathematically speaking, but I see your point. Stupid Houston and Tampa Bay games. When I say that, I also mean those teams losing to Oakland. Stupid teams. ;)

Not really.  After this game, the Chiefs will be in good shape with three games in Arrowhead.  OAK has a tougher schedule for the last quarter of the season.  It all depends on the game next Thursday night.  If the Chiefs win, they are either tied or one behind with the tie breaker in head to head.  The biggest factor is the pile of injuries.  Can't depend on the reserves down the stretch all the time.

Archived