Kansas City Passing

C/ATT  YDS    AVG  TD   INT SACKS QBR    RTG

Alex Smith 21/25    270    10.8    1       0      1-4    91.2   125.0

Berry was Co-MVP

Conley does not drop that "perfect deep ball" and Smith goes over 300 yds.

w

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kansas City Passing

C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT SACKS QBR RTG

Alex Smith 21/25 270 10.8 1 0 1-4 91.2 125.0

Berry was Co-MVP

Conley does not drop that "perfect deep ball" and Smith goes over 300 yds.

w

Just those who might be confused, West is not talking about the one in the fourth quarter. He's talking about the first-quarter.

I know the game would've changed if Conley had caught that ball in the first quarter. Who knows? Maybe Smith would've thrown a pick six on the next play? But the pass that he missed Ware on, that wouldn't have had Berry's return, but it would've won by more points.

Is Alex Smith Tom Brady or Aaron Rogers?  No he is not.

But the guy finds a way to win and adapts his game when he needs to.

I have no issue hammering the guy when he screws up, but if you want to hammer the guy, at least man up when the plays his ass off.

w

His style is maddening for fans who cannot stop raking him over the coals, just like in SF.  But I think it is true.  He adapts his game to the circumstance to a great extent.  His late game heroics in hurry-up situations tell a different story about him.  Back during the smash mouth Schottenheimer seasons of great defense and of mainly running and of controlling the clock, I don't recall any ability at all to come from behind.  To win it all, a team has to have at least the ABILITY to come from behind against good defenses.

The Fans in SF loved the guy, they watched him take the team to the NFL Championship Game ( I was there) by Himself.

If the Niners defense could have stopped Eli, it would have been a very different outcome.

The Niners are in the toilet, and for very good reason.

w

The Fans in SF loved the guy, they watched him take the team to the NFL Championship Game ( I was there) by Himself.

If the Niners defense could have stopped Eli, it would have been a very different outcome.

The Niners are in the toilet, and for very good reason.

w

Yeah. They should have kept AS.  But many fans were as irritated as the ones here.

Knowledgeable fans knew Smith was dealt a bad hand with the team over his early years.

They were horrible and they kept changing coaches and coordinators.

Smith was not the problem, but the QB gets the bad when the team sucks.

Of course, in KC, you can be 9-3 and still get the bad apparently. :lol: :lol:

w

Is Alex Smith Tom Brady or Aaron Rogers? No he is not.

I have no issue hammering the guy when he screws up, but if you want to hammer the guy, at least man up when the plays his ass off.

w

He played well. He pushed the ball.

Knowledgeable fans knew Smith was dealt a bad hand with the team over his early years.

They were horrible and they kept changing coaches and coordinators.

Smith was not the problem, but the QB gets the bad when the team sucks.

Of course, in KC, you can be 9-3 and still get the bad apparently. :lol: :lol:

w

Its hard not to be pissed off when the last Super Bowl was nearly a half-century ago.

Is Alex Smith Tom Brady or Aaron Rogers?  No he is not.

w

He's played well the last game and a half. No complaints here.

and I agree those are fair assessments....  Smith is above average.  I think that is good enough if our defense plays up to potential.

I was freaking out yesterday in the first half as Matty Ice was literally eating the defense alive.

Sutton made the adjustments, but more likely EB saved our ass.

w

and I agree those are fair assessments....  Smith is above average.  I think that is good enough if our defense plays up to potential.

I was freaking out yesterday in the first half as Matty Ice was literally eating the defense alive.

Sutton made the adjustments, but more likely EB saved our ass.

w

We can point to anything as saving our ass.  That fake punt was awesome.  I couldn't stop laughing.  That was Andy.

I agree. Smith should get some positive feedback when he is killing it. If we run Kelse on and 2 yards crossing pattern on third and 7. I think it is a decision to punt it away and let the D stop them. I don't put that on Alex. I don't even say it is bad play calling. It has worked.

As good as the defense played, it could have been better. The Chiefs were deep at DL, but, due to injury, this is no longer true. RNR, and Reyes played well, but Howard, and Bailey are sorely missed. There were instances where our interior line was cashed for big runs. Although you have to give a tip of the hat to their running backs. Devonte Freeman is an impressive running back.

As good as the defense played, it could have been better. The Chiefs were deep at DL, but, due to injury, this is no longer true. RNR, and Reyes played well, but Howard, and Bailey are sorely missed. There were instances where our interior line was cashed for big runs. Although you have to give a tip of the hat to their running backs. Devonte Freeman is an impressive running back.

They won't rotate Thursday.

We cannot play a wild card game.  Its like one hand tied behind your back when you are playing a playoff caliber team on only one week rest, when they have had two.  We simply must win the division.  We aren't in "good shape" until we do that.  Hey, Jet.  Remember this pic?

IMG_0014_zpswi34e57i.jpg

What a good looking group of fans.  Some have aged a little since then, though.

What a good looking group of fans.  Some have aged a little since then, though.

Yeah.  Especially the guy on the left.  And Wilkie pointing to the floor.  Both very old.  And isn't that Boss on the right, with his back turned away?  The oldest one of them all is the one behind the camera.  Wasn't that 2004?

Great team back then, too.

Yeah.  Especially the guy on the left.  And Wilkie pointing to the floor.  Both very old.  And isn't that Boss on the right, with his back turned away?  The oldest one of them all is the one behind the camera.  Wasn't that 2004?

Don't know the year, but if that's in the Pavillion, then it might be later than 2004.  Can't tell about Boss, but I thought the guy looking at the floor was AZ.  Who shot the picture?  

jet and xen to the left. Mully and AZ in background. Could have been 2004.

Archived