RAIDERS WEEK STARTS NOW

Normally I love talking about a Chiefs win but it's a short week so let's get this started now.

The Chiefs need this game if they have any hope in winning the West and possibly the #1 spot in the playoffs.

It will be bitter cold about 10 degrees and very loud. The weather will play to the Chiefs strengths.

Hopefully everyone will be healthy. I know they will be ready to go just like in the good ole AFC West days when KC and Oakland games meant something.

Cold, winter December home game at Arrowhead on Primetime for 1st place. Nothing better that that, folks. Need to rekindle our running game like we did during our first meeting. If we can ground and pound and stop Murray - keep Carr one dimensional then we are favored. Let's go get it. Houston, rested most of the second half. Dorsey and Reid are very intelligent about when and where to use injured players. Maclin, should be 100% and fully rested ; ready to go.  :)

Phillip Gaines has a knee injury. He played through it, and was burned by Sanders. When Gaines is healthy, he is a little faster than Sanders, but not with a banged up knee. Plus, he had very little help from the safety.

I'm sure the Chiefs knew he would be burned, but wanted to limit Denver's attack to the left side. In the end, it worked.

For Phillip Gaines part, he never complained about the game plan, nor did he make an excuse for his health. Gaines apologized to the kc fans. People, lets not get down on this man. He has faults, but he's got class, and he is blessed with talent.

Raiders lost a starting CB last week too.

It comes down to Pass Rush on Carr.

Ford, Hali, Houston, Jones & Poe need to bring the heat.

w

Their line is a mountain of men. They are playing great.

It's going to come down to Alex and the offense.

No, it is going to come down the the defense stopping Carr, the Special Teams making plays and the Offense Scoring points while not turning the ball over.

But  I do enjoy watching you try to put the burden on Smith. :lol:

w

I have no idea where to put this, but I wanted to ask without starting a new thread.

I noticed a couple times where there were really delayed handoffs to the running back. I feel that those play are designed for us to see if Smith has time to throw and if not give it to the RB. That reduces the hits that Smith would take, gives the ball to someone who is better equipped to evade somebody and or take a hit, and have another blocker near Smith's blindside if someone breaks through the line in case he does pass. RB is taken out of the play without the D knowing, can block for Smith, and the only downside is perhaps a botched handoff or lost yards that would have been sack yards.

No, it is going to come down the the defense stopping Carr, the Special Teams making plays and the Offense Scoring points while not turning the ball over.

But I do enjoy watching you try to put the burden on Smith. :lol:

w

Short week. A banged up defense is what I'm seeing against their very good offense. We are going to have to trade points. Alex, Andy, and the offense imo have to have another good week.

I have no idea where to put this, but I wanted to ask without starting a new thread.

I noticed a couple times where there were really delayed handoffs to the running back. I feel that those play are designed for us to see if Smith has time to throw and if not give it to the RB. That reduces the hits that Smith would take, gives the ball to someone who is better equipped to evade somebody and or take a hit, and have another blocker near Smith's blindside if someone breaks through the line in case he does pass. RB is taken out of the play without the D knowing, can block for Smith, and the only downside is perhaps a botched handoff or lost yards that would have been sack yards.

Those are good when you have Charles. Ware is no charles.

It seems a lot of teams are doing deep hand offs, something between a draw and straight run.  It often results in a loss, especially in short yardage situations.  I don't get it.

But  I do enjoy watching you try to put the burden on Smith. :lol:

w

And limiting the penalties.  Geez.

The only thing we're missing is that explosive 20 yd back. Doesn't have to take it to the house - we need more 10+ yrd runs and we're just not getting them. Would take a lot more pressure off of Alex and the passing game.

Actually I think teams are defending that and forcing the deeper pass. Alex needs to keep taking it like he did in Atlanta. That is the Alex that can lead this team to the Super Bowl. Not the timid one...

Actually I think teams are defending that and forcing the deeper pass. Alex needs to keep taking it like he did in Atlanta. That is the Alex that can lead this team to the Super Bowl. Not the timid one...

Towards the middle to end of last year, he was still taking what the defense was giving him, but the defense was giving him better options. What I didn't like this year was it seem like he wasn't taking with the defense was giving him. It almost worked against Houston in Tampa Bay. We need Atlanta games approach, end of Broncos game (still good D), and the earlier Raiders game type offense to go deep.

Archived