Eric freaking Berry

I've always liked him but I was never for breaking the bank. I said let him go. I was absolutely wrong.

Mostly I didnt think he was being used right. As you can see, the more freedom he's given the more plays he makes.

I was never for him playing so close to the LOS

I hope we "pay the man his money"

I feel like we are so close to having a super bowl caliber team. If we can sign Berry and figure out how to sign Poe without franchising we have a real shot at being something special next year. With Bailey, Charles, Ehinger, Howard, March-Lillard, and Mauga returning from IR, It's really going to be a slow free agency period this year. I mean, outside CB2 this team is pretty well built everywhere both as starters and depth. WR is arguable, as we've watched Hill develop quick and I'm sure we aren't ready to give up on Conley just yet. Replacing DJ may be a thought but depth has kept that from being a problem. I wouldn't be surprised at all is the year the Chiefs draft QB in the first two rounds, simply because we are well stocked and will probably want to replace the 13 million dollar Foles.

Priorities may be CB, ILB, Safety.  If a QB the Chiefs like is available in the first two rounds, I hope the Chiefs grab him and release Foles.  Foles is just too expensive unless he's the designated QBOTF.  It might be wise to get a RB since JC is unlikely to ever be the same player he was 3/4 years ago.  We're seeing a lot of players I didn't even know were on the roster so it shows how deep the Chiefs have had to dig with all the injuries.  Getting Howard and Bailey, March and Mauga, and Ehlinger back will make the team look a lot more solid.

Priorities may be CB, ILB, Safety.  If a QB the Chiefs like is available in the first two rounds, I hope the Chiefs grab him and release Foles.  Foles is just too expensive unless he's the designated QBOTF.  It might be wise to get a RB since JC is unlikely to ever be the same player he was 3/4 years ago.  We're seeing a lot of players I didn't even know were on the roster so it shows how deep the Chiefs have had to dig with all the injuries.  Getting Howard and Bailey, March and Mauga, and Ehlinger back will make the team look a lot more solid.

Priority Should be oline then oline.....ball control offense and time to throw will improve the defense. Playing with a lead will improve the defense....Current oline is not very good and has no depth

Priority Should be oline then oline.....ball control offense and time to throw will improve the defense. Playing with a lead will improve the defense....Current oline is not very good and has no depth

That oline has come a long way.

O-line depth should be addressed the second day.  The present line starters are pretty good and haven't peaked yet.  They will cost the Chiefs fewer losses than a lack of CB opposite Peters or even strength at the ILB and safety spots.  My belief is that unless there's just a can't miss OT at the top of the board, then the slow drop off at the line positions makes it economical to draft most of the line in the second or third rounds.

Quit looking to next year. The Chiefs will make a run this year. Their defense is good. Their special teams are good. Now, as Alex Smith works back into shape, so will their offense be good.

We have been without a wide receiver so long, it has been hard to accept we have not just one, but are deep in receivers.

Jeremy Maclin tried to play with a groin injury. He only made it worse by playing. After three weeks, he is about to return. Upon his return, he will be one of a much different set of receivers.

Watching the game live, gives a person perspective. Of course, Atlanta does not have a strong defensive back lineup. A healthy Traufant may have changed the outcome. However, what I witnessed only convinced me more of my convictions. No one can cover Travis Kelce or Tyreek Hill. Conley has height, and topend speed, but lacks the suddenness to get separation. Maclin will return to a team, where he is no longer the primary option. Maclin is the third option.

I believe Albert Wilson was either hurt or off his game the first part of the season. Regardless of what happened, he is better now. Comparing the two, Wilson was the more polished receiver over Conley. Conley still rounds off routes, and fails to consistently exert the energy to earn the respect of Alex Smith. Albert Wilson is better at running more precise routes. Sorry for those who see it differently.

Gonkowsky is lost for the season. Brady has been dinged up. These Chiefs may be the best of the AFC, if they can win out (which will be no small task). Friday morning, we'll know more.

I don't like drafting for position. BPA every round. I think that will give you the best team across the board even if it means a first rounder rides the pine his first year. You never know when injuries turn your world upside down.

BPA sounds good in theory, but it should be modified to BPA in an area of need.  The Chiefs didn't need a #1 TE, for example, when Tony G. was at his peak.  IND doesn't need to use a first rounder on a QB.  Most teams have enough areas that they'd like to upgrade that they can find a starter in the first round.  For the Chiefs, CB, ILB, Safety, and RB could use help now.  They can get another Ehlinger or Morse on day two.  Aside from immediate need, it's good to draft replacements for players nearing the end or likely free agents.  Hali and DJ need someone to take over soon.  

Good post eraser... I saw what I expected to see at the beginning of the season yesterday. Conley just isn't that good. His drop could have been a huge impact on the game if we'd have lost. Wilson and Maclin are really good route runners. Especially when you give them drag routes or crossing routes. I have been wishing for these for weeks. Wilson had one for a huge gain and one for a critical first down on third and long. It looked to me like Reid had a bigger influence in the play calling in this one. Also, the routes we were using were the ones Alex likes to throw.

As for Hill, could DAT replace him in this offense if he got hurt? Or, would our Super Bowl aspirations be immediately over? Hill might be the one guy we can't lose.

BPA sounds good in theory, but it should be modified to BPA in an area of need. The Chiefs didn't need a #1 TE, for example, when Tony G. was at his peak. IND doesn't need to use a first rounder on a QB. Most teams have enough areas that they'd like to upgrade that they can find a starter in the first round. For the Chiefs, CB, ILB, Safety, and RB could use help now. They can get another Ehlinger or Morse on day two. Aside from immediate need, it's good to draft replacements for players nearing the end or likely free agents. Hali and DJ need someone to take over soon.

Just saying a strength is one injury from a need in most cases. On most teams every group can improve. Our strongest group looks like pass rushers ringer now. It was a huge weakness 4 or 5 weeks ago. If they see a pass rusher that they believe can be special and a WR they think will be serviable, I say take the pass rusher. Take the OT. Even if you think you have solid starters.

I can't think of one group that couldn't improve.

Archived