Playoffs?!!!

The best part of last night is we wrapped up every single divisional tiebreaker that we could possibly need.

1. Head-to-head vs. Oakland

2. Head-to-head vs. Denver will be split at worst and we clinched a better division record (we're 4-0, they're 1-3)

3. Better record vs. San Diego, not that they were a threat

4. Anything three-way with Oakland and Denver would go our way as well, because we have the three-way head to head cliched (3-0, they have 2 losses each), then we win on the next round of tiebreakers.

Conference tiebreakers are not as good. If there is no head-to-head then conference record is next. Outside of the division, we lost to Pittsburgh (7-5) and don't have head-to-head with any other team higher than 6-6, so it's unlikely those will come into play (because we would have to lose out and they would have to win out). We are 7-2 compared to NE's 7-1 in the conference, and Baltimore is at 7-2. Miami is at 5-4. The next tiebreaker is common games. Glancing at the schedules for NE and Baltimore, catching NE will be very tough, they've beat Houston and Pittsburgh who we lost to. They still have games against Denver and the Jets that they could lose and maybe bump us to the next tiebreaker (unless we beat Denver again and get credit for both?), but that's a long shot. Baltimore beat Pittsburgh with another to go, but lost to the Raiders and Jets. So we probably have them beat.

Bottom line IF we win the division I think we're locked in to the 2 seed under most reasonable scenarios, though rising or falling is mathematically possible. Obviously, winning the division itself is no guarantee yet.

We went into to NE's house last year completely beat up and they had all their starters and only lost by a touch down. I can't wait to go in kick their golden boy asses this year. I hope it is in their house so they can see it first hand.

I want the game in NE. I want to whoop that ass in Foxborough for the AFC Title. Been waiting for this since Ray Lewis and his Ravens did the same. 

Some intriguing scenarios.  For example, if DEN beats OAK and KC, there could be a three way tie at 12-4.  KC would have the best divisional record.  If NE and KC beat DEN, the Donks could miss the playoffs.  If KC wins the next two and DEN beats OAK, the Chiefs could clinch the division and the SAN game would be meaningless.  This sure is a fun time of year, especially when the Chiefs are in the driver's seat.

Some intriguing scenarios.  For example, if DEN beats OAK and KC, there could be a three way tie at 12-4.  KC would have the best divisional record.  If NE and KC beat DEN, the Donks could miss the playoffs.  If KC wins the next two and DEN beats OAK, the Chiefs could clinch the division and the SAN game would be meaningless.  This sure is a fun time of year, especially when the Chiefs are in the driver's seat.

Hey Jet, Would the SAN game be meaningless if NE wins up til that point? Wouldn't we want to win and have NE lose for 1 seed? Of course, it would depend on game time. 

Hey Jet, Would the SAN game be meaningless if NE wins up til that point? Wouldn't we want to win and have NE lose for 1 seed? Of course, it would depend on game time.

Dude, the fact that we are legitimately discussing the one seed is freaking ridiculous. We have played most of the season without Bailey, Howard, Charles and Houston. Mac and Poe and DJ and Hali have been playing banged up. March and Ehinger on IR. And we are talking about the one seed.

Dude, the fact that we are legitimately discussing the one seed is freaking ridiculous. We have played most of the season without Bailey, Howard, Charles and Houston. Mac and Poe and DJ and Hali have been playing banged up. March and Ehinger on IR. And we are talking about the one seed.

And I love it

Don't think so, but I'd have to check that.  Unless NE loses two games, I think they have the tie breaker.  It's based on common opponents and they beat PIT and HOU so I think the same record means NE wins the top seed.  Certainly, if NE lost one of their next three and KC won the next two, then week 17 could be important.  Problem is, NE has a soft last two games.  I could be wrong.  

Mon, Dec 12

vs

1vlEqqoyb9uTqBYiBeNH-w_56x42.pngRavens

7:30 PM

Sun, Dec 18

@

ZktET_o_WU6Mm1sJzJLZhQ_56x42.pngBroncos

3:25 PM

Sat, Dec 24

vs

Rb4y9m3hkTcYVmdl10geqw_56x42.pngJets

12:00 PM

Sun, Jan 1

@

1ysKnl7VwOQO8g94gbjKdQ_56x42.pngDolphins

12:00 PM

If Denver loses this weekend to Tennessee I could see New England losing in Denver the following week. NE loses either vs Baltimore on MNF or @ Denver. The Jets are a cupcake, but the last game of the season vs Miami could be a tough one - especially if Miami  is fighting a Wild Card birth. I say 3-1 maybe worse. They haven't really played anyone this year. 

Last 8 games for the Pats:

@ Clev

Cinc

@ Pitt (without Big Ben)

@ Buff

Seattle - only winning team lost this one.

@ SF

@ Jets

Rams.

What a tough 8 game stretch for NE. It gets tougher for them starting on Monday night. We'll know much more then against an emerging Ravens team that has had Belicheat's number in the past.

Chiefs win out and we secure 1st place IMO.

If Denver loses this weekend to Tennessee I could see New England losing in Denver the following week. NE loses either vs Baltimore on MNF or @ Denver. The Jets are a cupcake, but the last game of the season vs Miami could be a tough one - especially if Miami is fighting a Wild Card birth. I say 3-1 maybe worse. They haven't really played anyone this year.

Last 8 games for the Pats:

@ Clev

Cinc

@ Pitt (without Big Ben)

@ Buff

Seattle - only winning team lost this one.

@ SF

@ Jets

Rams.

What a tough 8 game stretch for NE. It gets tougher for them starting on Monday night. We'll know much more then against an emerging Ravens team that has had Belicheat's number in the past.

Chiefs win out and we secure 1st place IMO.

I don't see the Chiefs winning out. Just a taxing last couple weeks. I see them faltering this week but making it to the afc championship game.

I don't see the Chiefs winning out. Just a taxing last couple weeks. I see them faltering this week but making it to the afc championship game.

Probably, the Chiefs can lose one game and still win the division.  OAK is very likely to lose one more and the Chiefs hold the tie breaker.

Do we hold a tiebreaker over NE? I was on NFL.com's playoff predictor and the simulations showed that we would have to win out and NE lose 2 games to get the #1 seed.

They currently have conference record and if that evens out, they beat Pittsburgh Houston we lost to (common opponents). They would only have Denver if they lost and maybe Jets (not happening).

Archived