1. 6th largest stadium and one of the smallest markets

2. People don't have a desire to see the Titans

3. It's cold as a mofo

4. While you can get seats for 17 bucks, the lower seats are still

marked up over face value, making it expensive to have a

GOOD seat.

5. It's the week before Christmas, people are busy

6. The debacle of Chiefs parking. Even the locals are spending

as much time in traffic as they are in the stadium.

7. People look at the schedule and chose to buy the prime time

Christmas game against division rivals instead

8. Everyone has a 50+ inch HD TV these days...hard to beat that

With a recliner, heat, family, friends, and dollar beers...

9. I've never sat anywhere but lower level and gold level for a

Chiefs game. I live in Wichita. Hard to justify spending 100

Bucks per ticket, plus 40 in parking, plus 50 in gas, plus 6

hours of driving when I could be buying family and friends

Christmas presents with that money.

10. People are saving their money for a home playoff game

11. Did you see that video of the fan fight in Thursday? It's

Getting worse every week...and as the weather gets colder,

The alcohol will flow...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We went to the Atlanta game. Their stadium is downtown. There are advantages and disadvantages to this. There are covered parking garages, which is nice in inclement weather. However, I didn't see anyone tailgating. I don't know how you could. The game was under a dome. I really like outdoor games, but there is no way I could have gone if the weather was harsh, and the game was outdoors. I am trying to recover from bronchitis.

KC could not sell their citizens on a moving dome. I don't know if they made the wrong decision. I'm sure the costs were prohibitive. Yet, attendance is always an issue when the weather turns cold. Also, I frankly don't think it makes for good football.

If not for the KC fans, the Georgia dome would have been almost half empty. I approximate nearly 1/3 of the fans were Chief fans or impartial. The upper, and end zone seats were not full.

We went to the Atlanta game. Their stadium is downtown. There are advantages and disadvantages to this. There are covered parking garages, which is nice in inclement weather. However, I didn't see anyone tailgating. I don't know how you could. The game was under a dome. I really like outdoor games, but there is no way I could have gone if the weather was harsh, and the game was outdoors. I am trying to recover from bronchitis.

KC could not sell their citizens on a moving dome. I don't know if they made the wrong decision. I'm sure the costs were prohibitive. Yet, attendance is always an issue when the weather turns cold. Also, I frankly don't think it makes for good football.

If not for the KC fans, the Georgia dome would have been almost half empty. I approximate nearly 1/3 of the fans were Chief fans or impartial. The upper, and end zone seats were not full.

Are you kidding?! Cold weather games make for excellent football. Nasty, tough-nosed bone-chilling games. That's what football in America is all about. This is the Midwest. ;)

They pay tyreek hill every week.

Domestic violence is different. I think??? Both are bad, and I do have a wife I would never hit, but having children, child abuse is on another level. Of course, domestic violence is on another level compared to drug use or something.

Domestic violence is different. I think??? Both are bad, and I do have a wife I would never hit, but having children, child abuse is on another level. Of course, domestic violence is on another level compared to drug use or something.

Just as bad to me. The only difference is Gary glitter doesn't run a 4.3

There were so many raiders fans last week. There are always so many Raiders fans when we play them. Same with the Broncos. I think most of that is because there's lots of people in KC that hate their dad, but that's another story entirely.

I had probably my worst in-game experience I've ever had at Arrowhead last week, and it wasn't because of Raiders fans. It was because an aging crowd at arrowhead decided that I shouldn't stand and cheer for my team because then they would have to stand. I get it. You paid just as much as I did for your seat, but I don't think that means you get to dictate how (or if) I use my seat. I begrudgingly complied after the guy behind me called fan services twice on guys in front of me and they were removed from their seats for more than a quarter. I had just enough booze in me that I wouldn't have defended my position on standing gracefully if I were to encounter security.

This is who is at games these days. That's why Arrowhead sucks compared to yesteryear. I hate it.

Usually only lower level stands. That's why my wife makes me buy upper level or club. One thing I have noticed is less people around me yelling on 1st and 2nd down. We still do well on 3rd down, but in the Marty days I thought it was every down until you lost your voice. Maybe I have selective memory.

There are no cheap seats, but there are seats that are less expensive. I can watch a game on TV with better viewing than the $800 seats on the 50 yard line. What I can't get at home is the friendship and play between the fans. I enjoy being next seat over from the opposing team fan in the not so good seats. 

My first away game was at the Houston Astrodome. I have been to plenty home games at Arrowhead. I have been in the club level, and frankly, that's  not my crowd.

I waa very vocal against that selection. While he has played well, I still think that selection showed that the Chiefs are completely tone-deaf.

It all depends. Tone def with playoff success is fine by me (I'm a terrible person, I know - Hill would be getting his money elsewhere if we didn't draft him, so there's no reward difference, just location). Tone def with losing, let someone else be the bad guy. But it's all hindsight versus foresight.

Judgment is on him, not us, because while we signed the player who would help us win and take the risk of losing him if he fucks up; us not doing it wouldn't have punished him because someone else would have paid him. The only way we could have punished him was to draft him and keep him on the bench. Or put him on a team with Alex Smith as the quarterback (badum ching!).

So winning doesn't clear him. Winning makes me shut up about the Chiefs signing him. He's still the bad guy in terms of his actions.

Yes, I do realize my stance is not pure.

It should have nothing with winning games for the Chiefs.  What it does have to do with is learning the situation and vetting him before the draft which the Chiefs claim they did.  What he did is terrible and some here claim it indicates a permanent personality defect.  The other view is that he lost it at one time and has gone through punishment, remorse, and is continuing council and rehab without missing.  If one takes the second view, giving him a second chance isn't unreasonable and isn't a case of the team putting winning ahead of ethics.  If Hill stays humble and out of further trouble, I'm on the second chance side.  If he loses it again because of anger issues, then the Chiefs should release him and admit they were wrong.  It's just that simple to me.

I waa very vocal against that selection. While he has played well, I still think that selection showed that the Chiefs are completely tone-deaf.

Any regime that drafts based on what the fan base wants doesn't deserve to hold the reins of a team. They better be tone deaf or they will be unemployed.

It should have nothing with winning games for the Chiefs. What it does have to do with is learning the situation and vetting him before the draft which the Chiefs claim they did. What he did is terrible and some here claim it indicates a permanent personality defect. The other view is that he lost it at one time and has gone through punishment, remorse, and is continuing council and rehab without missing. If one takes the second view, giving him a second chance isn't unreasonable and isn't a case of the team putting winning ahead of ethics. If Hill stays humble and out of further trouble, I'm on the second chance side. If he loses it again because of anger issues, then the Chiefs should release him and admit they were wrong. It's just that simple to me.

Yes, the evaluation on him doesn't have anything to do with winning. If you have a bad person winning for your franchise, that's not a good thing. Vetting the player before you draft him, is what a good franchise does and when they don't do it, they deserve the publicity, draft dick, etc. and the questioning that the franchise gets in the meantime between drafting him and him proving maturity is fine.

The comment on winning was only about whether I thought it was a waste of draft pick or not. A high producing player on a losing team who has a bad history, is really negative, despite his production.

I have no agenda here and don't work for 610 radio. Arrowhead Stadium is my favorite venue on earth, Kansas City is my favorite city, and I was a season ticket holder when I was fortunate enough to call the Midwest home. I care deeply about Arrowhead's reputation, the tradition and would like to see the stadium remain as one of the best NFL stadiums in the league. But: It has slipped in the last decade, and undeniably so, and I don't doubt that there are underlying reasons why. This thread was an effort to get feedback from those who have their own theories and to offer my own.

I personally have never found Arrowhead to be inconvenient. As someone who routinely gets lost in traffic, I've always preferred Arrowhead's present location to a proverbial downtown location. But many of my friends who live in KC -- particularly those on the opposite side of the Metro area -- have told me that Arrowhead is inconvenient, that the parking situation has been a nightmare, and that the gameday atmosphere has suffered in recent years, for a variety of reasons.

I don't deny that people have mostly forgotten the Pioli era. But that doesn't mean they forgot the horrible experience they likely had at Arrowhead when attending games during those years. In the six years before Andy's arrival, the Chiefs went 15-33 at home, the worst home stretch in decades if not ever. They lost by double digits in NINETEEN of those 33 losses. That's a lot of bad football, and the games were so boring, so meaningless, the stadium so empty, that it was almost impossible to want to come back.

I'm well aware of Rock & Roll Part II being removed at all stadiums. But that song meant more to Arrowhead than any other stadium and was a massive part of the gameday experience. And let's not pretend like Chiefs fans didn't care: There were petitions to keep the song at Arrowhead, and Chiefs ownership recognized these concerns. One year, they tried to use a cover version of R&R Pt II. Last year, they held a fan vote to decide the new TD song.

I've been to plenty of Chiefs games through the years, and from a crowd standpoint, I'd put the Chiefs crowds of 2003 and 2005 up against any from the 1990s. I was not at the Dante Hall punt return TD game against the Broncos in 2003, but many who were say that was the loudest they've ever heard Arrowhead. I was at the '03 playoff game against the Colts, and never heard Arrowhead as loud as it was when Dante ran it back to pull within 38-31 (the Price Chopper cardboard posters that served as Thundersticks certainly helped). Reasonable people can disagree, of course. Loud is loud.

I understand the Chiefs fanbase loves defense, and has loved defense. But the single biggest talking point since Vermeil left town is fan desire for a franchise QB and an offense that hums. The football in KC has been mostly boring, and contrary to what you might think, the Marty era offenses were actually quite good. The 90s Chiefs had seasons where they finished 6th, 10th, 7th, 8th, 5th, 8th and 9th in points scored and were top 10 in yards per game four times. Gunther's Chiefs finished 8th and 9th in points and 12th and 8th in yards. (It was actually Gunther's underachieving defense that led to his demise.)

I know what Arrowhead was, and I know what it can be.

Arrowhead has not been what it was, and it's not as good as it could be.

I have no idea what you're talking about. Like OT, I feel your hypothesis is motivated by an agenda, but even if not its fatally flawed. We're just a short couple of seasons removed from setting a world record for loudest outdoor stadium. That doesn't happen without a packed stadium full of passionate fans.

Arrowhead is one of the easiest to acces stadiums in all of American sports - forget just the NFL.

I do agree that parking is way to expensive, but I do not believe that is driving a lack of attendance. I haven't missed a home game in nearly a decade and I can tell you the stadium is still mostly full - regardless of the competition - and is always rowdy and loud in its support of our beloved Chiefs.

All stadiums suffer to some extent when the visiting team is a non traditional/non rival opponent. Arrowhead is not unique in that area.

Trust me when I say that when the Chiefs play a home playoff game (this year) we will remind the world why Arrowhead is a feared place to visit.

People don't have the dough to shell out for the inflated ticket prices and parking fees like they did then.

There you go!  Bingo.  

Chiefs fan support is significantly blue collar, and middle class discretionary spending money is drying up.  I would venture to guess this is happening to different degrees everywhere that doesn't have millions of people.  In cities with 5-12 million people, there are still enough well-heeled to fill the stadium.  Sorry this sounds political, but it isn't.  Its just economics, and Andysredflag asked.  I agree with you totally, Semo.

It would be interesting to see what local television ratings are for Chiefs games.  I would guess they are higher than ever before.

It should have nothing with winning games for the Chiefs.  What it does have to do with is learning the situation and vetting him before the draft which the Chiefs claim they did.  What he did is terrible and some here claim it indicates a permanent personality defect.  The other view is that he lost it at one time and has gone through punishment, remorse, and is continuing council and rehab without missing.  If one takes the second view, giving him a second chance isn't unreasonable and isn't a case of the team putting winning ahead of ethics.  If Hill stays humble and out of further trouble, I'm on the second chance side.  If he loses it again because of anger issues, then the Chiefs should release him and admit they were wrong.  It's just that simple to me.

The danger is building our offense around him.  Then losing him would be a disaster.  It remains a risk, but I have to trust Andy for now. The kid is a marvel to watch...if you can move your eyeballs that fast.  I've never seen anything like it.  Even fast defenders looks like they are standing still.

The danger is building our offense around him.  Then losing him would be a disaster.  It remains a risk, but I have to trust Andy for now. The kid is a marvel to watch...if you can move your eyeballs that fast.  I've never seen anything like it.  Even fast defenders looks like they are standing still.

It's no more danger than having a star player go down via injury.  Losing Hill to personal problems wouldn't affect the team any more than losing Houston to a bum knee.  Drafting Hill knowing that there's a 25% chance of losing him isn't much different than drafting the can't miss player with a history of leg injuries.  No guarantees in this game.

It's no more danger than having a star player go down via injury.  Losing Hill to personal problems wouldn't affect the team any more than losing Houston to a bum knee.  Drafting Hill knowing that there's a 25% chance of losing him isn't much different than drafting the can't miss player with a history of leg injuries.  No guarantees in this game.

That's true.  

• 2 months later...

Но одним из основных плюсов, добавляемых революционным материалом RAU-FIPRO к функциональным и конструктивным характеристикам, которым отвечают пластиковые окна, изготовленные на основе профильной системы Rehau Geneo, конечно же, является высокая энергоэффективность. устройство крыши на балконе пермь Окно состоит из: Оконный профиль. При повороте ручки открытия-закрытия их кромки фиксируются в определенном месте. 2). остекление балконов пермь Если вы выберете для себя потолочное остекление, то сможете насладиться ночным небом или увидеть первые лучи солнца. В случае если не последовать рекомендациям, полученным в этом органе, или попросту проигнорировать его, существует высокая вероятность того, что городские власти уже после проведения всех работ по благоустройству и переобустройству балкона или лоджии, заставят вернуть прежний облик жилому помещению и за свой счет. сушилка для белья на балкон фото пермь Так по уровню звукоизоляции пластиковые окна, изготовленные из профиля Rehau Geneo, соответствуют пятому классу, а по уровню защиты от несанкционированного проникновения – второму классу. Окно – это не только источник естественного освещения в квартире, но и важный элемент ее дизайна. ремонт окон пермь В холодное время года здесь же вполне можно оборудовать уютный зимний сад и приглашать гостей отдохнуть от излишней городской суеты за чашкой согревающего глинтвейна. Опасность проникновения бактерий, грибков Однако есть у окон, кроме массы положительных сторон, и слабые места.

Archived