Scouting the Titans

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

8 in the box, make Mariota beat you with his arm. Attack the Titans iffy secondary.

The game plan's in front of the Chiefs. Denver, slid Ward up in the box and completely shut down TN's running game in the 2nd half. Force them to be one dimensional and chip Delaney Walker off the line.

I think Reid and Smith can throw all day against the TN secondary. That will open up our struggling running game. I think we have a breakout week running the ball. 150 yds plus and Ware gets out of his funk.

Titans o-line is the best in the AFC and Murray is no joke either. I am really looking forward to see how our MLBs respond in this one. The Titans will pound the rock and we will see how we measure up. You don't go far in the playoffs if you can't stop the run...

The Titans have a few dirty players. Injuries will be a concern, and our guys need to have their head on a swivel. The absence of DJ will definitely hurt. DJ shores up the rush defense, and allows Eric Berry to play deep. They may have to play Berry in the box to protect against the run. This makes the Chiefs much more exposed to deep passes.

Tennessee will be playing to get into the playoffs. They will not go easily. We will have to have our A game, and not overlook it.

I would love it if Douglass were suspended, though I don't think he would be. It's not for competition reasons, but I hate when people take unnecessary cheap shots that don't even help the play. I understand playing hard and how it is difficult to avoid injuries, but away from the play and just diving in someone's knee isn't the way to go. I know that Talib policing it himself was probably the most effective way to get to him, but suspending him wouldn't be bad either.

The Titans have a few dirty players. Injuries will be a concern, and our guys need to have their head on a swivel. The absence of DJ will definitely hurt. DJ shores up the rush defense, and allows Eric Berry to play deep. They may have to play Berry in the box to protect against the run. This makes the Chiefs much more exposed to deep passes.

Tennessee will be playing to get into the playoffs. They will not go easily. We will have to have our A game, and not overlook it.

Berry, has given up a few deep balls. However, if he can play that robber position and read the QB's eyes then he can be deadly. Parker, can play the FS just as good. Berry, will help tremendously against the run.

DJ is one of the very best run stuffing LBs in the league. His loss will be felt. I like the idea of Berry close to the box, but at about 10 yards from LOS. That is where he is most effective IMO.

I am hoping Poe can stand his ground. Jones and N-R seem to be very good at getting penetration. I hate to make take that away from them, but they may have to stay home more.

I live in the Nashville area so I get to hear all the local stuff from this end. But it's no secret the Titans will want to pound the ball. They don't have a good running game. They have a great running game. DeMarco Murray is having a great year. And if you haven't seen Derrick Henry...the guy is huge and a bruiser but has some downhill speed to him. It will be a tall order for the Chiefs to keep their running game in check. Defensively the Titans are also good against the run but they can be had in the air. Alex will probably need to come out firing. I'm hoping he can put together another solid game like he did against the Raiders (minus the pick of course). 

Titans defense, though they got two fumbles against Denver, are not very opportunistic. Nor is there anything special about their special teams. That's what makes the Chiefs so tough. They can beat you in a variety of ways. The Titans must have a great day running the ball if they want to have a shot at the Chiefs. I'm anxious to see if Sutton has any answers for why we are so soft against the run. It's a legitimate concern.

Bottom line...Chiefs are a better team than Tennessee and should win.  But then again, the better team doesn't always win. Just ask Oakland fans.

When the schedule came out, I thought the best teams to beat but least confident about would be: Denver on the road, sweep Oakland, Atlanta, Panthers on the road, and Steelers. Got them except for Steelers.

Teams I would hate to lose to: Houston, Tampa Bay, and Tennessee. Lost them hopefully except for Tennessee.

I am hoping Poe can stand his ground. Jones and N-R seem to be very good at getting penetration. I hate to make take that away from them, but they may have to stay home more.

I am on board with this. Stick to your assignments. That's how you beat the Youngs Kaepernicks Mariotas of the NFL.

Archived