Just gonna throw this out there...

While we've all seen things we've liked the last couple games, I was reading a stat on Football Outsiders that felt was worth mentioning:

What do the top 12 of the top 13 ranked offenses have in common? Only ONE of them have head coaches calling the plays(GB at #9 who just got up there due to the game yesterday)

Just wanted to make that known...

While we've all seen things we've liked the last couple games, I was reading a stat on Football Outsiders that felt was worth mentioning:

What do the top 12 of the top 13 ranked offenses have in common? Only ONE of them have head coaches calling the plays(GB at #9 who just got up there due to the game yesterday)

Of the other 19 teams, how many of them have a head coach that calls the plays?

I feel like I've been shown only one side of the coin.

The most frustrating thing about Reid's calls is his refusal to run the ball on first and goal from the two or three. It probably cost the Chiefs the TB game. He's not the only one, but it still gets to me.

Isn't that why we only got a FG to open that game? I thought we ran it three times for nothing. I'll check play-by-play later.

It was hard to research...but I believe the number is 12 of the remaining 19 call their own plays...and GB did have the OC calling the offense until they went on that skid and McCarthey took over...

Isn't that why we only got a FG to open that game? I thought we ran it three times for nothing. I'll check play-by-play later.

IIRC, they tried an end around or something like that for a loss.  Took the option of running Ware out of the equation.  Tried passing on first down early in the Jets or Jags game from the two, I can't remember which.

It was hard to research...but I believe the number is 12 of the remaining 19 call their own plays...and GB did have the OC calling the offense until they went on that skid and McCarthey took over...

So in the case of the one team out of 13 that was different, the head coach taking back play calling improved the offense.

Beyond the correlation, I don't see causation.

How many teams have won 10 games that the HC calls the plays.

Are you really trying to say the offense is the reason the Chiefs have 10 wins? It has nothing to do with the defense and ST attributing for 51% of the teams total points? Not to mention the majority of the other 49% of points scored that were a result of the defense and ST and defense giving the offense a short field? I find this comical considering the malice you have shown in the past on posts regarding the offense...

I may be happy, but I don't believe I'll ever be 100% content.  Good teams and good coaches are ALWAYS looking for ways to get better.  Do you think that Bill Belichick has been as successful as he has by being content with his team?  Or do you think that even though he has been on of the best, if not the best for the last 15 years he's looked at his roster EVERY SINGLE DAY, figuring out his weaknesses and strengths, adjusting his playbook and personnel(both on and off the field) to give him the best chance of winning? 

I'm ecstatic that the chiefs are so good in Special Teams and Defensively when it comes to turnovers and redzone.  But I also know that we've lost games due to vanilla playcalling, poor clock management, and an offense that eventually causes the Defense to break because they are on the field the entire game.  Any NFL player or coach that is content riding out their situation and not trying to improve in any place they can is not doing their job. 

So yeah...while I may not care as much about how the chiefs score or win games, I sure as hell care how they don't score and lose games...and if the chiefs went to the super bowl and LOST by playing in the fashion they have been...I'd be upset...

Case in point...Bilichick claimed Michael Floyd today and looks to be getting ready to sign Devin Hester.  ALWAYS looking for an opportunity to improve his team and not being satisfied by winning games in the fashion he has been...

That's gonna make them even more dangerous. I like it.

That's gonna make them even more dangerous. I like it.

Why would you like it? Dude, WTF? Just kidding. I know you are talking about the approach.

How does the waiver wire work? Is it just that the worst team (draft order) that selects him has to take him at his salary? Not like a silent auction.

Why would you like it? Dude, WTF? Just kidding. I know you are talking about the approach.

How does the waiver wire work? Is it just that the worst team (draft order) that selects him has to take him at his salary? Not like a silent auction.

We can do this. We'll just need that perfect game that has evaded the Chiefs this year. The Chiefs best ball is yet to come - time to put it all together.  ;)

Archived