Tyreek Hill

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First 5 games: 13 catches (16 targets) for 87 yards. 6.7 YPC. 2 TDs receiving.

Last 8 games: 43 catches (52 targets) for 460 yards. 10.7 YPC. 4 TDs receiving. One TD rushing.

In that 8 game stretch, his worst game was the Jacksonville game. 3-5 for 11 yards where Foles should have been picked for his off throw.

He had longs of 49, 38, 42, and 36. Get more of these and if the catches are made deeper, those highs can be higher with his speed and YAC. His high was 12 yards (!) in those five games to start the year! So it isn't all YAC. It's discovering him and higher use. 3.2 targets per game versus 6.5. Get that to 8-10!

6.7 to 10.7...

Let's go get 14.7 YPC in these next three games.

Then, 18.7 YPC in the next three playoff games. (Yes, saying I want a playoff bye and SB win).

Or, let's get 14.7 against Tennessee, 18.7 against Denver, 22.7 against the Chargers, and so on for three or four more playoff games (depending on a bye or not).

Seriously, I don't care for YPC. I care about third down conversions, red zone conversions, and yes, a deep catch or three per game from him. We need to utilize him everywhere that gets us one of those three but use him like we used Maclin (different way but target average) and Kelce.

If those deep passes make those yards per catch sky rocket, even better. We don't need time of possession against Tennessee, just let it fly.

Seriously, I don't care for YPC. I care about third down conversions, red zone conversions, and yes, a deep catch or three per game from him. We need to utilize him everywhere that gets us one of those three but use him like we used Maclin (different way but target average) and Kelce.

If those deep passes make those yards per catch sky rocket, even better. We don't need time of possession against Tennessee, just let it fly.

I know you don't care about stats. Sometime they can actually tell a story. Tyreek is about 18th in YPC.....among TEs. Noted speedster Jason Witten is averaging more. His averages are not only bad for one of the fastest humans in sports but they would be bad for a one-legged man with high ankle sprain. My point is not stats as everybody seems to jump on but the fact he could be used more effectively. I'll take a 60 yard bomb on a 2nd & 1 at least once a year.

I know you don't care about stats. Sometime they can actually tell a story. Tyreek is about 18th in YPC.....among TEs. Noted speedster Jason Witten is averaging more. His averages are not only bad for one of the fastest humans in sports but they would be bad for a one-legged man with high ankle sprain. My point is not stats as everybody seems to jump on but the fact he could be used more effectively. I'll take a 60 yard bomb on a 2nd & 1 at least once a year.

I agree, we should hit him deeper, more often. But that will take care of everything else, stats as well. My point is if we hit him for a 40 yarder and need 1 yard on 3rd down, I wouldn't mind getting 2 yards from him the next play. Then get the rest of the 24 on a deep TD. I wouldn't worry about how the 2 yarder dragging down him average from 32 to 22. ;)

Heck, I'd be ok with the 24 yarder being 23 with a 1 yard Ware rush. And that's taking a TD away from Smith!

I agree, we should hit him deeper, more often. But that will take care of everything else, stats as well. My point is if we hit him for a 40 yarder and need 1 yard on 3rd down, I wouldn't mind getting 2 yards from him the next play. Then get the rest of the 24 on a deep TD. I wouldn't worry about how the 2 yarder dragging down him average from 32 to 22. ;)

Heck, I'd be ok with the 24 yarder being 23 with a 1 yard Ware rush. And that's taking a TD away from Smith!

Long passes are situational. I'm not saying throw bombs on 3rd and 1. I'm perfectly fine with Ware getting one yard for a 1st down. Even Hill getting a 2 yard pass for a first down. I'm saying it's been 13 games and he has 9 receptions total over 20 yards. Could you imagine the effects on a defense if Tyreek opened a game with a 60 yd TD?  Then the next series throw another even if it was incomplete? Use the whole offense. All of the talent. Don't break it down to a 3rd and 1.

Long passes are situational. I'm not saying throw bombs on 3rd and 1. I'm perfectly fine with Ware getting one yard for a 1st down. Even Hill getting a 2 yard pass for a first down. I'm saying it's been 13 games and he has 9 receptions total over 20 yards. Could you imagine the effects on a defense if Tyreek opened a game with a 60 yd TD? Then the next series throw another even if it was incomplete? Use the whole offense. All of the talent. Don't break it down to a 3rd and 1.

I'm in total agreement with you. Just joking around with the stats. My whole thought is we need deep passes and high utilization of our best offensive options, something in that I believe Hill has the highest potential play by play with Kelce the most consistent. The stats would then take care of themselves.

How many of those nine 20+ were in the last 8 games? All. None in the first five. So as far as I'm concerned, that is 9 in 8 games. Still not enough, but more indicative of us going forward. One game he had 11 yards on three catches with Foles. So 9 catches in 7 games - though two were with Foles - one was Smith open with no scrambling necessary to f it up.

We need more than one per game. We need that deep pass earlier in the drive, earlier in the game (which might turn a 40 yarder into the 60 yarder. We tried this the last time we played Tennessee, but we didn't have Hill, so no good.

I'm in total agreement with you. Just joking around with the stats. My whole thought is we need deep passes and high utilization of our best offensive options, something in that I believe Hill has the highest potential play by play with Kelce the most consistent. The stats would then take care of themselves.

How many of those nine 20+ were in the last 8 games? All. None in the first five. So as far as I'm concerned, that is 9 in 8 games. Still not enough, but more indicative of us going forward. One game he had 11 yards on three catches with Foles. So 9 catches in 7 games - though two were with Foles - one was Smith open with no scrambling necessary to f it up.

We need more than one per game. We need that deep pass earlier in the drive, earlier in the game (which might turn a 40 yarder into the 60 yarder. We tried this the last time we played Tennessee, but we didn't have Hill, so no good.

If you're going to drag the Foles game out when Hill had 3 catches for 11 yards you might as well throw in that Hill had 4 catches for 88 yards and a TD and his longest reception of the year (49 yds) while Foles played half a game.

If you're going to drag the Foles game out when Hill had 3 catches for 11 yards you might as well throw in that Hill had 4 catches for 88 yards and a TD and his longest reception of the year (49 yds) while Foles played half a game.

I said that in my stats page. Wasn't blaming Foles for that, I was trying to establish what our offense would do and it was apparent that we were going deep against Indy even before Smith went out. I was trying to say that once we discovered Hill, we went deep more.

One Foles pass was a gimmie that Smith would likely have had (unlikely to pull a Ware-pass in Oakland game often) and one was the 49 yard underthrow to Hill. Underthrow is not my words. It is likely that we would have had at least one of those and maybe the other - we were more aggressive post bye. So not comparing Foles to Smith, comparing first five to last eight, saying that we might have had a different approach in that Jacksonville game since we were starting the backup.

Good point. Smith averaged 6.6 per attempt that game.

A lot of attempts for sure. Misses and drops, but the attempts were deeper. He would likely have hit Hill for that walk off TD which would have increased the 6.6 and the 49 yarder was an underthrow, which Smith does often enough.

None of this was to bolster Smith or critique Foles. It was just to say when we have our starters in, we are targeting him more and deeper and should do more than we do.

Long passes are situational. I'm not saying throw bombs on 3rd and 1. I'm perfectly fine with Ware getting one yard for a 1st down. Even Hill getting a 2 yard pass for a first down. I'm saying it's been 13 games and he has 9 receptions total over 20 yards. Could you imagine the effects on a defense if Tyreek opened a game with a 60 yd TD?  Then the next series throw another even if it was incomplete? Use the whole offense. All of the talent. Don't break it down to a 3rd and 1.

Can you imagine what Jamaal would do with the field stretched? With everybody trying to apply pressure, he would have large gaps to cut through.  it could add three years to his career if his knees could hold up

Really? The WCO is so difficult that you can't tell a rookie that is probably the fastest WR in the league with good hands, to run down the sideline as fast as you can and catch the ball? How many years will it take before he'll understand this? C'mon peeps don't over think it. 

Really? The WCO is so difficult that you can't tell a rookie that is probably the fastest WR in the league with good hands, to run down the sideline as fast as you can and catch the ball? How many years will it take before he'll understand this? C'mon peeps don't over think it. 

But that's called "The North and South coast offense."

Archived