Tyreek Hill

That is a ridiculously stupid statement. Reid is doing what he has to do to game plan around Alex Smith's deficiencies. Not every game is a gem but the record speaks for itself.

We are running the spread and I hate it. This is not the same offense we ran the last three years. It's absolutely Reid's fault. We used to run the ball out of the I-form behind our pro bowl FB. We used to have an elaborate RB screen game where West picked up where Charles left off. Remember how he was ahead of Ware last year? We used to run crossing routes and drag routes to Wilson, Avery and Maclin. Alex liked to throw them and the receivers are built for those routes. Now we waste time throwing outs and comebacks to Conley. We only run the ball out of the pistol and shotgun. When it is 3rd and 1, we seem to throw it more than run it. Where is the bootleg we used to run all the time? Isn't that a big part of the reason we signed Schwartz? Yes, this offense is like the one he ran at Utah. I also understand he can't run the ball like he used to. However, this offense isn't working nearly as well as it used to because we are forcing the ball down the field and we have gotten away from what we were really good at.

That said, I am still happy with Reid and would not trade him for the world. To a degree you might be right about doing all this for Alex. It does look like an Urban Myer offense. However, this offense seems to limit everyone but Tyreek Hill IMO. Reid needs to find balance between the offense of past and this offense. The offense we see now used to just be sprinkled in.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think our Oline can be successful in the I. We still run it, but without many holes to run through. The sausage is a stud, but you know it's a run when he trots out there. I like the 3 TE sets that we see occasionally. I also like 2 TE and to WR with Hill and Mac. I think you get a little mystery of whether it is a run or a pass.

I am a huge RTFB guy and Ware is really killing it with what he has to work with. I think he is one one the 5 best RBs in the league. I just wish we could blow the line backwards a yard our to like people do us. He is really good at punishing a defense, but will have a short career if we can't give him some room. What a find that guy is.

Alex Smith has games in which you are tempted to believe he can become great. Then, the next time, he stinks out the joint. I don't get it. I think he thinks too much instead of letting go. When things begin to work, he lets go a little more, and gets into a flow. However, when passes don't make their mark, or receivers miss up, he begins to think too much, and this affects his confidence.

I like players who have absolutely no conscience. Pure killers. They can go oh for 15, and keep slinging it. Eventually, it works. As much as I loath him for being a Bronco, John Elway was that type of player. He could stink it up, and still rally. He was a closer. He had the confidence to win. We need that. I don't think that's Alex Smith. However, Smith is just good enough to keep it going. Eventually, if the Chiefs continue to succeed, they will turn things around. I like our GM. He does a great job.

Alex Smith doesn't have a good enough arm to aggressively throw down the field and hit deeper routes, accurately with any form of reliability. Its been a weakness since he came out of Utah and always will be. He just can't get the air underneath to float them in beautifully because he has to heave the deeper strikes and his footwork is still sloppy.

Alex Smith doesn't have a good enough arm to aggressively throw down the field and hit deeper routes, accurately with any form of reliability. Its been a weakness since he came out of Utah and always will be. He just can't get the air underneath to float them in beautifully because he has to heave the deeper strikes and his footwork is still sloppy.

His intelligence allows him to understand the playbook, and do as directed. He cannot scan the field, and he lacks creativity. He throws passes into double coverage because he was told it will be open.

There is a difference between intelligence in book study, and physical intelligence. Jordan, Bird, and Magic had physical intelligence. Favre was an example of physical intelligence and creativity. Sometimes he got burned by it, but often he took it to another level. No one had to tell Montana what to do. Joe, could take a busted play, and make it work.

His intelligence allows him to understand the playbook, and do as directed. He cannot scan the field, and he lacks creativity. He throws passes into double coverage because he was told it will be open.

There is a difference between intelligence in book study, and physical intelligence. Jordan, Bird, and Magic had physical intelligence. Favre was an example of physical intelligence and creativity. Sometimes he got burned by it, but often he took it to another level. No one had to tell Montana what to do. Joe, could take a busted play, and make it work.

In a nutshell but god forbid anyone say it

Nailed it.

I did, but I just looked, and the title of this thread is not about Alex Smith. The title is "Tyreek Hill."  So, let's change it back to T.H. Tyreek Hill is the most athletic player I have seen since Mike Vick. He should be getting at least one touch on every set. He should get a minimum of 12 touches per game. If he is not, then they need to start pointing fingers at the guy calling the plays.

I did, but I just looked, and the title of this thread is not about Alex Smith. The title is "Tyreek Hill." So, let's change it back to T.H. Tyreek Hill is the most athletic player I have seen since Mike Vick. He should be getting at least one touch on every set. He should get a minimum of 12 touches per game. If he is not, then they need to start pointing fingers at the guy calling the plays.

Which is what I did but I'm dumb.

I did, but I just looked, and the title of this thread is not about Alex Smith. The title is "Tyreek Hill."  So, let's change it back to T.H. Tyreek Hill is the most athletic player I have seen since Mike Vick. He should be getting at least one touch on every set. He should get a minimum of 12 touches per game. If he is not, then they need to start pointing fingers at the guy calling the plays.

Can't reach him down field. Fastest man in the league and averaging 9.8 yds per catch. So Andy doesn't want to call 60 yard touchdown bombs? Sincerely, Broken Record.

I think there may be some who might disagree from time to time, but I don't think anyone tries to stop anyone from saying it or calls you out as if you are way off. Maybe one guy.

Speaking for myself, I don't like extremes like can't, won't, never, always, etc. but I don't get the idea that this is somehow forbidden talk.

I think there may be some who might disagree from time to time, but I don't think anyone tries to stop anyone from saying it or calls you out as if you are way off. Maybe one guy.

Speaking for myself, I don't like extremes like can't, won't, never, always, etc. but I don't get the idea that this is somehow forbidden talk.

I agree with that except with Kendrick Lewis. He was terrible.

Kendrick Lewis is playing in Baltimore. He signed a 3 year deal for $5.4 M. His base salary this year was $1.4 M, plus 1/3 of his original signing bonus of $1.4 M, which means they paid him $1.866,667 for 2016. So, what did they get for that kind of money? He played in 6 games for starters. He was placed on IR for a thigh injury, and may be able to return this year, but probably will not. That is because he did not start a single game, and has contributed only 1 forced fumble on 1 tackle. That's it.

You may finally be right on Kendrick Lewis. At age 28, it is doubtful the Ravens will keep him, and he will not be paid the additional $1.8 M of his contract in 2017. He had some good moments in KC, but his time in the league has finally come to a close.

Kendrick Lewis is playing in Baltimore. He signed a 3 year deal for $5.4 M. His base salary this year was $1.4 M, plus 1/3 of his original signing bonus of $1.4 M, which means they paid him $1.866,667 for 2016. So, what did they get for that kind of money? He played in 6 games for starters. He was placed on IR for a thigh injury, and may be able to return this year, but probably will not. That is because he did not start a single game, and has contributed only 1 forced fumble on 1 tackle. That's it.

You may finally be right on Kendrick Lewis. At age 28, it is doubtful the Ravens will keep him, and he will not be paid the additional $1.8 M of his contract in 2017. He had some good moments in KC, but his time in the league has finally come to a close.

But he was the quarterback of the defense! Sarcasm.

We'll revisit this when Andy steps on his dick again in the playoffs

OK when Andy Reid steps on the field and throws an interception, we'll revisit this.

BTW, your opinion on Andy Reid doesn't make you dumb. I have no problem with that opinion. It's the constant crying about even things that are going well for us. If you don't get any enjoyment out of your fandom, why bother?

Alex Smith, will prove all wrong including myself.

Alex Smith might do that. If he is on, he's on. Hot and cold player. Fortunately, the really bad games are not often. Maybe we can pay one of our own players to tackle Alex before they go out on the field. He seems to play better when under duress.

Hos returns is what he is talking about. He's dropped a few returns.

Don't do that to Alex in the AFCC game. I'm assuming everyone knows, but for those who don't, Smith's Niners would have gone to the Super Bowl if Kyle Williams hadn't fumbled twice in the fourth quarter and overtime.

Archived