Chiefs - Titans: Game Thread

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope.  AS led him too far.  Even with his speed, he couldn't get there.  Not that it was a bad throw.  But, it had to be perfect.  It wasn't.

It hit him in the hands and he could have laid out. However, the sun was in his eyes. The throw was there. 

Nope. AS led him too far. Even with his speed, he couldn't get there. Not that it was a bad throw. But, it had to be perfect. It wasn't.

I think it was catchable but I don't blame him; I blame the sun. I'm glad that threw it. Not that he will change his colors, but before I don't think he would throw it to anyone besides Maclin and even then, he wouldn't in the first five games. It was "covered" last year.

Games over, put your crying towels away and get ready for Denver.

Damn 63, if people want to discuss, complain, whine about yesterday's game up until kickoff of the next game let 'em have it. Avoid the thread. You don't need to drop in on these threads or create an entire thread to tell people it's time to quit talking about a game yesterday. So we're not allowed to discuss the playoff game years ago where we lost because of that kicker that shall not be named? That was over 24 hours ago. Do we also only get to brag about them for 24 hours if they win? Is that a rule too? I played a lot of sports and yes after 24 hours we tried to put it behind us and focus on the upcoming game. We aren't the Chiefs. We're a bunch of has been athletes on a discussion board pissing and whining, bragging and cheering , talking strategy, personnel moves, players we like players we don't. KCSLC2008 and I go back and forth on Alex. Nothing personal. I like him and respect his input. I don't always agree with him but that's the beauty of a discussion board. When the Chiefs lose you KNOW there are going to be negative posts about players, coaches, play calling, time management, etc. because we lost and there are reasons we lost, that why people complain.  We're passionate.

Damn 63, if people want to discuss, complain, whine about yesterday's game up until kickoff of the next game let 'em have it. Avoid the thread. You don't need to drop in on these threads or create an entire thread to tell people it's time to quit talking about a game yesterday. So we're not allowed to discuss the playoff game years ago where we lost because of that kicker that shall not be named? That was over 24 hours ago. Do we also only get to brag about them for 24 hours if they win? Is that a rule too? I played a lot of sports and yes after 24 hours we tried to put it behind us and focus on the upcoming game. We aren't the Chiefs. We're a bunch of has been athletes on a discussion board pissing and whining, bragging and cheering , talking strategy, personnel moves, players we like players we don't. KCSLC2008 and I go back and forth on Alex. Nothing personal. I like him and respect his input. I don't always agree with him but that's the beauty of a discussion board. When the Chiefs lose you KNOW there are going to be negative posts about players, coaches, play calling, time management, etc. because we lost and there are reasons we lost, that why people complain. We're passionate.

From my perspective, doesn't matter whether we won or lost, the evaluations are the same. Smith played poorly (outside of the deep completion/TD run/deep attempt when usually he doesn't throw it), we played conservative after the 14-0 lead, Reid called the timeout at the wrong time (don't let them practice! I would say the same even if he had made the first attempt or missed the second, though I would be happy if the latter happened.), couldn't run stop or run block.

If Tennessee kicker missed the second time those things would remain the same. Our playoff path would be easier perhaps, but the strength and weaknesses would not change. If we had won instead by converting our third down, that would be different, but it wouldn't change a whole lot. I feel that we didn't convert that third down, not because our players can't (except for run block this game outside of Hill's TD), but rather a stupid play call with no good blocking.

My issue with people carrying on like they do in regards to a loss, or win for that matter is nothing anyone says will change what happened or what will happen in the future.

Water cooler talk is one thing but going on and on about things that are in the past, to me is just a waste of time. But hey do what you want it's your time.

My issue with people carrying on like they do in regards to a loss, or win for that matter is nothing anyone says will change what happened or what will happen in the future.

Water cooler talk is one thing but going on and on about things that are in the past, to me is just a waste of time. But hey do what you want it's your time.

So the answer is to state what we think, good and bad,as this is a message board, but not go on and on and on and on... Because you can't seriously mean to not say what we are saying because we have no effect on the past or future.

Thank you for letting us waste our time....whew! ;)

• 3 months later...

https://youtu.be/HJber8jfzOg

On a key pay on the 1 yard line, the Chiefs used Sherman as a lead blocker. He got stuffed. O'Shaughnessy was used as a secondary FB to clear the path for Ware. Shag went through the line without hitting a soul. He was untouched. Ware received the ball from Smith on the six yard line. Jah Reid was in the right spot, but not squared up, and had no power. He was a useless piece of junk in the middle. Eric Fisher was inside Jah Reid, and got obliterated. Morse got a decent surge, but was dominated, and pounded to the ground. Schwartz, and LDT blasted a hole open to the right. Zach Fulton emerged from the bottom of the pile.

So, left to right the Chiefs lined up Reid, Fish, Fulton, Morse (center), LDT, and Schwartz. At the snap Sherman was to right of Smith, and Shag crossed behind to the left. There was a hole to the left, Ware got stuffed, and pushed back. Shag ran through afterwards, and went through the opened hole (untouched) without blocking pressure from the left side. The hole closed, and Ware got the ball, where he was swallowed up. It had all the hallmarks of a poorly devised play that took too long to execute, and was hindered by poor execution.

https://youtu.be/HJber8jfzOg

On a key pay on the 1 yard line, the Chiefs used Sherman as a lead blocker. He got stuffed. O'Shaughnessy was used as a secondary FB to clear the path for Ware. Shag went through the line without hitting a soul. He was untouched. Ware received the ball from Smith on the six yard line. Jah Reid was in the right spot, but not squared up, and had no power. He was a useless piece of junk in the middle. Eric Fisher was inside Jah Reid, and got obliterated. Morse got a decent surge, but was dominated, and pounded to the ground. Schwartz, and LDT blasted a hole open to the right. Zach Fulton emerged from the bottom of the pile.

So, left to right the Chiefs lined up Reid, Fish, Fulton, Morse (center), LDT, and Schwartz. At the snap Sherman was to right of Smith, and Shag crossed behind to the left. There was a hole to the left, Ware got stuffed, and pushed back. Shag ran through afterwards, and went through the opened hole (untouched) without blocking pressure from the left side. The hole closed, and Ware got the ball, where he was swallowed up. It had all the hallmarks of a poorly devised play that took too long to execute, and was hindered by poor execution.

Another shining example of the Chiefs' amazing offensive line. Definitely on par with that of the Dallas Cowboys, Pittsburgh Steelers, and New England Patriots.

Another shining example of the Chiefs' amazing offensive line. Definitely on par with that of the Dallas Cowboys, Pittsburgh Steelers, and New England Patriots.

It was a combination of errors. Tennessee has a decent defensive line. The Chiefs brought all the bigs in to block, and the play call was masterfully complex to the point it made no sense. There was an opening for someone to get through. Alex Smith could have walked through. Why all the complexity? Answer: Andy Reid could not help himself.

The OL is not a mess, but it is not ideal either. Fisher is not a bust, but he is not good. I would have rather had about anyone on the field other than Zach Fulton, and Jah Reid. They suck. The Chiefs should know they suck by now. Why would such an important down be wasted by going in any formation that depended upon O'Shag to block someone, Zach Fulton to not get crushed. Jah Reid to use proper technique, and generate power from his legs, and an undersized Center to hold up against Sylvester Williams.

The Chiefs ran a variation of the same play twice. They got stoned. I had zero confidence they would score against Tennessee on the first try with the Chiefs on the one. I guess the brain trust thought if you do what didn't work again, there would be another outcome.

It was a combination of errors. Tennessee has a decent defensive line. The Chiefs brought all the bigs in to block, and the play call was masterfully complex to the point it made no sense. There was an opening for someone to get through. Alex Smith could have walked through. Why all the complexity? Answer: Andy Reid could not help himself.

Andy Reid also knew that he didn't have enough talent or skill on that offensive line in that matchup to reliably win the battle on a straight up run. 'Overly complex' is what you get when you're having to get around multiple weaknesses at many levels of your roster.

Andy Reid also knew that he didn't have enough talent or skill on that offensive line in that matchup to reliably win the battle on a straight up run. 'Overly complex' is what you get when you're having to get around multiple weaknesses at many levels of your roster.

All they needed was a field goal as it turned out. I bet they could have got that instead of getting stuffed on 4th on the 1.

Archived