Slap in the Face

No second half offensive points in the last 3 games. I called Succop hitting that game winner. This one is gonna burn for a  while. I feel so bad for the fans who attended this game. Unbelievable, another second half INT in the red zone by Alex Smith and getting stoned in the running game all game. It's unbelievable. We are not there. This is the difference between us getting  a bye and a home game vs going to Tennessee on the road in the Wild Card.

Oakland, wins out. This team needs this loss. Can't keep sneaking by at Home. This team is not prepared to host a divisional game at home it'd be another one and done at Arrowhead. 

Finally an easy day at the offense up 14-0. Gonna blow out TN - NOPE. Andy Reid, won't do it. Crawl into a ball and shit the bed. Playing on the road gets this team going. Not trying to wet the bed at Arrowhead in a playoff game. Good thing we go back to TN for the Wild Card lol.

Titan defense is very solid.

Playcalling by KC was Horrific.

Alex Smith was mediocre at best

O-Line Dropped the ball on the final series.  They were manhandled in the running game.

Stone Cold stopped at the goal line 3x....

It was so bad, Reid called for a QB Option Read on the final series....man o man

I refuse to get pissed ( again) but why call the time out and let Succop get a practice attempt?

Geeez Andy, sure ...make him stand in the cold if you want....but not a practice kick.

w

The Chiefs run some of the most baffling offensive line blocking concepts.

It's amusing to watch Schwartz go from one of the best Right Tackles in the NFL a year ago to lunging at air in a year.

They've invested high picks at 3 of 5 starting positions and can't get it right. It's not a talent issue.

The Chiefs run some of the most baffling offensive line blocking concepts.

It's amusing to watch Schwartz go from one of the best Right Tackles in the NFL a year ago to lunging at air in a year.

They've invested high picks at 3 of 5 starting positions and can't get it right. It's not a talent issue.

Spencer Ware, cannot run the ball out of Shotgun. You need quickness to get to the next level without a FB. Jamaal was good at it because he could bounce the ball outside on these traps and draws. Tyreek, showed a good example of it yesterday. Ware, needs to be running the ball out of the I-Formation with Sherman bulldozing in front. He's a power runner - not a finesse runner. Be consistent with it - run the ball consecutively on 1st and 2nd. Allow the game to flow and create rhythm with Ware and company. We're just not running the ball consistently enough to create that cohesiveness which we have had in previous years. Enough passing on 1st then running on 2nd - teams are on to it. Andy, please bring back the same attitude which helped us win 11 games in a row.

Spencer Ware, cannot run the ball out of Shotgun. You need quickness to get to the next level without a FB. Jamaal was good at it because he could bounce the ball outside on these traps and draws. Tyreek, showed a good example of it yesterday. Ware, needs to be running the ball out of the I-Formation with Sherman bulldozing in front. He's a power runner - not a finesse runner. Be consistent with it - run the ball consecutively on 1st and 2nd. Allow the game to flow and create rhythm with Ware and company. We're just not running the ball consistently enough to create that cohesiveness which we have had in previous years. Enough passing on 1st then running on 2nd - teams are on to it. Andy, please bring back the same attitude which helped us win 11 games in a row.

Andy is what he is.  He's a coach that likes to pass to set up the run.

He's been coaching forever and isn't going to change his stripes suddenly.  The Chiefs need to be a better passing team is really the endgame here.

Spencer Ware reminds me of Robert Holmes,  a productive back the Chiefs had in the late 60s.  He needs to be close to line of scrimmage.  The Chiefs used to run a formation called the tight end I,  two backs and Dawson in the I with the tight end as a 3rd back.   Whatever way the tight end motioned out of the I the RB would follow.  Pretty effective.   I do not think Ware has the speed to be running out of the shotgun.  

I don't think Kansas City is a cold weather team, despite playing in a city that gets cold in December. They lost four games. Two were away (at Houston, and at Pittsburgh), and two were home games (against Tampa, and against Tennessee). The first two losses were played in decent weather, but they were early games, and KC was not in stride. Alex Smith was not quite on top of his game when his team lost their home game to Tampa. Smith was removed after having two non- concussion head injuries at Indy, missing the following game, and not sharp on his return against Carolina. Smith was not sharp against Carolina, or Tampa. He was definitely not sharp for the home game against Tennessee. 

So, on second thought, maybe it has more to do with Alex Smith than the weather. Poor weather conditions don't seem to help either.

Archived