The Ugly Truth

We can complain all we want about Andy's play calling but it's based on his lack of trust in Alex Smith's abilities. Alex has terrible field vision up field so Andy tries to keep things close to the LOS. When it continues to fail he has to get gimmicky. Of course, he would never say this publicly but we see it every week when we get a small lead and go fetal

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We can complain all we want about Andy's play calling but it's based on his lack of trust in Alex Smith's abilities. Alex has terrible field vision up field so Andy tries to keep things close to the LOS. When it continues to fail he has to get gimmicky. Of course, he would never say this publicly but we see it every week when we get a small lead and go fetal

So you have inside info on this? ;)  Reid is the problem is what I have heard from my insider. Alex doesn't trust him. :wub:

Truth be told they both are average.

He did this before he got Smith. This is what got Philadelphia fan so upset, including his time management skills. Don't get me wrong, I put the loss on Smith, too as well as the Tampa Bay and Houston games. An elite quarterback could have beaten the Steelers.

He did this before he got Smith. This is what got Philadelphia fan so upset, including his time management skills. Don't get me wrong, I put the loss on Smith, too as well as the Tampa Bay and Houston games. An elite quarterback could have beaten the Steelers

Elite or not Andy would screw them up. Reid is a complete joke as a play caller. 

Here it is.

Alex Smith is, was and never will be anything more than a barely passable starting QB.

This squad isn't a playoff caliber team. They are near the bottom Offensively and Defensively. They've gotten by with mostly excellent coaching.

With that, sometimes Andy lays a big fat fucking egg. Today and in Houston.

The Defensive line is owned a lot, the ILBd are trash and they don't have a real good option at the 2nd CB spot.

Mitchell shows some promise as the #4 and Nelson looks like a solid option in the slot. Peters is good when his dick isn't injured but man that last spot is a tire fire.

This is a done for the year in the Divisional round of the playoffs squad at best and they still have the floor of missing the playoffs completely.

The OLine is mostly decent, he has some decent running and catch receiving options. He's been playing for over a fucking decade. It's time to finally end this charade and just say it. Alex Smith is a below average QB.

And I don't care if he lights it up next week, but I think Ramik Wilson is soft as hell and doesn't belong on this squad.

He won't get physical enough that your ILBs in a one gap 3 man front need to be. He should have been drafted to a 4-3 squad.

Poe is only a fraction of what one was and Jones is wearing down as a rookie which is understandable. Ford looks mortal going against a LT, the Guards are weak and Chiefs still have a need at WR.

Dorsey needs to worry less about filling every hole this offseason and focus on finding good longterm playmakers. It's a marathon, not a sprint. Get aggressive and move up to get some great talent.

Just like when we had a bad offensive line, most would say that Smith still needs to figure it out and trust them because they will give him time sometimes. If Smith has happy feet when the line does it's job, that is Smith's fault. Reid needs to trust Smith more. Smith is not playing well this year, but we don't need to go to that extent that we do to nurse leads, especially if it is about trusting Smith. Play calls are on Reid. Execution is on Smith. We would have won this game, the Tampa Bay game, or Houston game or all three if either one of them were a bit better.

Just like when we had a bad offensive line, most would say that Smith still needs to figure it out and trust them because they will give him time sometimes. If Smith has happy feet when the line does it's job, that is Smith's fault. Reid needs to trust Smith more. Smith is not playing well this year, but we don't need to go to that extent that we do to nurse leads, especially if it is about trusting Smith. Play calls are on Reid. Execution is on Smith. We would have won this game, the Tampa Bay game, or Houston game or all three if either one of them were a bit better.

Travis Kelce on why #Chiefs O fell flat after the 1st quarter, "Other than play-calling, I couldn't tell you. Felt like we got conservative"

• Even Kelce knows Reid is a twit.

Of course when Smith plays well he`s awesome. When he sucks (most often) it's everybody else's fault. Can't blame o line or WRs any more. Bash Andy. It's getting old

I don't think it is most often nor is it sucks. It is sucks sometimes, adequate other times, good when he plays well, and he has his moments good and bad.

The Defensive line is owned a lot, the ILBd are trash and they don't have a real good option at the 2nd CB spot.

No excuses in this league, but there is a reason.  It's called Bailey, Howard, Mauga, March, and DJ on I.R.  That's a lot to overcome against a really good O-line and Tenn has one of the best.

What beat the Chiefs today was a missed score on second and third and goal from the one, a horrible interception in the red zone, a dropped pass by DAT, and unlike the DEN and OAK game, the inability to make a first down to run out the clock.  The Chiefs pass rush didn't do anything, but see paragraph one.

Andy called a TD pass and Alex threw it in stride to the DB. Weak arm, poor field vision would turn anybody in to a poor play caller. Just keep defending Smith til Romo takes over

Honestly both Alex and Reid equally stink up the place,,,,,,they deserve each other

No excuses in this league, but there is a reason.  It's called Bailey, Howard, Mauga, March, and DJ on I.R.  That's a lot to overcome against a really good O-line and Tenn has one of the best.

What beat the Chiefs today was a missed score on second and third and goal from the one, a horrible interception in the red zone, a dropped pass by DAT, and unlike the DEN and OAK game, the inability to make a first down to run out the clock.  The Chiefs pass rush didn't do anything, but see paragraph one.

Sorry but that's not going to work. They were owned in the pre-season and Week 1 at the LoS, even with a healthy front. Don't remember them making Melvin Gordon look like AP?

Archived