The Ugly Truth

Last year was the year. The window started closing last January imo. We have exceeded my expectations. I thought we'd go 9-7 and get a wildcard birth. If we win another playoff game, I would be very happy. 

This isn't a Super Bowl team. We don't run the ball well enough and we aren't good against the run on defense. Those are the two things you have to be able to do to win the Superbowl. 

So you're saying Poe needs to be resigned? We need Ehinger back, and need to draft a real Center? Letting Rodney Hudson go was an enormous mistake.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am surprised at the Rodney Hudson love. The Hudson contract would have been a mistake.

Hudson:    5 years for $44.5 million with $20 million guaranteed. Average Salary = $8.9 million

Schwartz:  5 year for $33 million with $20.7 million guaranteed. Average Salary = $6.6 million

Hudson is a way over priced above average center. Schwartz is an under paid about average tackle. There is no contest. Schwartz every time.

I am surprised at the Rodney Hudson love. The Hudson contract would have been a mistake.

Hudson: 5 years for $44.5 million with $20 million guaranteed. Average Salary = $8.9 million

Schwartz: 5 year for $33 million with $20.7 million guaranteed. Average Salary = $6.6 million

Hudson is a way over priced above average center. Schwartz is an under paid about average tackle. There is no contest. Schwartz every time.

Schwartz is our best lineman already. He's played great

So you're saying Poe needs to be resigned? We need Ehinger back, and need to draft a real Center? Letting Rodney Hudson go was an enormous mistake.

Poe does need to be resigned and I think it will happen. I doubt he gets as much as some here thinks he will but I can see it. The run defense sucks because we are on our 4th and 5th string MLBers and we are on our second string DEs who are not as good in run support.  

I like Morse just fine. Ehinger was ok. Personally, I think the blocking is fine. the problem is the scheme. Why are we always running the ball out of the shotgun and pistol formations? That's the issue imo. 

Poe does need to be resigned and I think it will happen. I doubt he gets as much as some here thinks he will but I can see it. The run defense sucks because we are on our 4th and 5th string MLBers and we are on our second string DEs who are not as good in run support.

I like Morse just fine. Ehinger was ok. Personally, I think the blocking is fine. the problem is the scheme. Why are we always running the ball out of the shotgun and pistol formations? That's the issue imo.

Yep. Scheme is trash. Not committed to anything. There is no consistency in anything.

You guys overreact too much...  The Chiefs are a playoff team, Alex Smith is an above average but not great QB, the Chiefs need to call more hot reads to Kelce like the Patriots do with Gronk, and the defense is solid.  The Titans are a team that nobody wants to play, young GOOD QB, good running game, opportunistic defense, and they don't care if they are at home or away...  Sometimes teams just lose games because the other team wins it.  That is what happened yesterday.  All you have to do is make the playoffs, from there anything can happen.

You guys overreact too much...  The Chiefs are a playoff team, Alex Smith is an above average but not great QB, the Chiefs need to call more hot reads to Kelce like the Patriots do with Gronk, and the defense is solid.  The Titans are a team that nobody wants to play, young GOOD QB, good running game, opportunistic defense, and they don't care if they are at home or away...  Sometimes teams just lose games because the other team wins it.  That is what happened yesterday.  All you have to do is make the playoffs, from there anything can happen.

The Chiefs are not a playoff team yet. Alex is a career average QB. This year he is below average. Solid defense? Did you see the Titan RBs getting 5 yards before getting hit? ILB is a mess. CB2 is a work in progress. Need to win win games against average teams at home.  After we crush the Donkeys Sunday I'll feel better.

The Chiefs are not a playoff team yet. Alex is a career average QB. This year he is below average. Solid defense? Did you see the Titan RBs getting 5 yards before getting hit? ILB is a mess. CB2 is a work in progress. Need to win win games against average teams at home.  After we crush the Donkeys Sunday I'll feel better.

I actually thought Mitchell played a hell of a game.

Yes, it is partly scheme as well. Go watch the 3rd and 4th and goal over again. On 3rd Schwartz whiffed on a block, then on 4th O'Shaughnessy, Fulton (pulling), and Harris all whiffed on blocks. Unacceptable. Really, we can't even make contact? I'm not impressed with the run blocking. Pass blocking has been solid.

Biggest concern is our middle linebackers. The Chiefs offense has proved they can drive down the field.

Reid's playcalling is what lost them the game, that and the interception in the endzone. Can't be so conservative in the 2nd half. Perhaps he went conservative to save some plays for the playoffs, because we didn't see another handoff to Tyreek after the touchdown.

Also, there isn't a big enough rolleyes icon for the idea that the Chiefs should of paid Hudson 9 million/avg per season.  Where the fuck do they even have the cap space for that?

Morse has started to become solid again, even in a sophomore slump year.

MLB's are weak, but the line up front is allowing opposing Offensive Lines to get to the 2nd level without much of a struggle a lot this season. 

Alex Smith is above average?  Uh, yeah.  Okay, sure.

Alex Smith has thrown for over 27,000 yards, typically completes a high percentage of his passes, and has thrown nearly twice as many TDs as INTs in his career...  Dude - he's above average.  That said, I don't believe the Chiefs utilize his mobility the way they should either.  He will never be a vertical passer.

He has been very accurate downfield in the second half of the season as well. I think he does what he is asked to do. He had several high passes and the bad pick this game, but it is hard to blame him for this loss. Shit happens. We went conservative against one of the best run D's in the league.

DAT was uncharacteristically sloppy. The TD was there and it would not have even been a game if he got it. He will not make that mistake again. We are fine. Run blocking will be a problem and Dline strength will be a problem, but I still think we are pretty solid. I like where we are sitting. You can't win them all.

Alex Smith has thrown for over 27,000 yards, typically completes a high percentage of his passes, and has thrown nearly twice as many TDs as INTs in his career... Dude - he's above average. That said, I don't believe the Chiefs utilize his mobility the way they should either. He will never be a vertical passer.

Which means he's averaging about 3k yards passing a season, which isn't above average.

He's also on pace to finish with less than 15 passing TDs this season, which is actually well below average. The Chiefs exactly don't have elite backs vulturing up all the TDs.

The running lanes aren't there because Defenses have no respect for him as a passer. They will risk a big play or 2 from Kelce or Tyreek because the probability is low that he can reliably identify it and connect on it. That's if Andy feels like setting up the opportunity.

Andy has had a lot of high octane passing Offenses in Philly, while being ranked near the bottom every year since coming to KC.

Alex Smith has thrown for over 27,000 yards, typically completes a high percentage of his passes, and has thrown nearly twice as many TDs as INTs in his career...  Dude - he's above average.  That said, I don't believe the Chiefs utilize his mobility the way they should either.  He will never be a vertical passer.

I agree Alex Smith is an above average QB. On a scale of 1 to 10...5 being average, Alex Smith is a 5.5.

Archived