After 4 Years the Offense is Still?

Pathetic. You would think by now the offense could carry an injury plagued defense. Nope... not even close. Well who has been at the helm for 4 years? Andy Reid the Great.  I think the offense gets worse every year. More play makers same pathetic results.

I know I'm a broken record but with a very average QB even below average this year, we will always have a mediocre offense. For 4 years this offense rarely breaks out and explodes and gives the defense any breathing room. It seems like the defense will give up 13-20 points and still have to hang on to win at the end. Alex throws a stupid pick and him and Andy go fetal. You can blame it on Andy but usually on pass plays you have options of at least medium range passes. Tyreek may be the most explosive all around players in the league. And he's wasting away in the passing game. Now everybody will say it's Andy's play calling. In 2010 DeSean Jackson averaged 22.5 yds per catch. Hill is averaging 9. That's even low for a TE. Andy's Eagles were annually a top 10 offense primarily through the air. Now we average a little over 200 yds a game passing and we're always bottom third in total offense. Blame it on his play calling all you want. He knows how to stretch a field. 

Ok then why was he extended? Reid was in on that. Yes Smith is not great who traded two 2nds for him? Reid new what they were getting. 

It shows that Andy is foolish for thinking he already had the answer to get them where they need to get.  Trade for him?  Fine, okay.  But there needed to be an endgame to this position and not that as the endgame.

I know people love to play the "who is to blame? Andy or Alex" game, but I make my decision based on these two things:

What happened to Alex Smith in SF when he finally got a good coach? He was two muffed punts away from a super bowl and most likely would have played in another had he not gotten hurt...

As a casual fan(not even a football mind), how often can you tell exactly what play Andy Reid is calling on the field? If you can figure it out most of the time, imagine what other teams can do? Alex (nor any member of the offense for that matter) can't execute when the defense knows where to be...

I know people love to play the "who is to blame? Andy or Alex" game, but I make my decision based on these two things:

What happened to Alex Smith in SF when he finally got a good coach? He was two muffed punts away from a super bowl and most likely would have played in another had he not gotten hurt...

As a casual fan(not even a football mind), how often can you tell exactly what play Andy Reid is calling on the field? If you can figure it out most of the time, imagine what other teams can do? Alex (nor any member of the offense for that matter) can't execute when the defense knows where to be...

When Alex got a good coach in SF,  the good coach replaced him with a terrible QB. I don't know what plays Andy calls but if he calls a dive play on the 6 inch line you need to execute. O line needs a push, RB can leap or bounce not just run in to a solid mass of humanity. If Andy calls a pass you throw it to an open man. If the first read is covered go to second read. Don't just stare at your primary and throw it directly in to the DB's gut. Two simple plays to execute. They need to do their damn jobs and we need to quit making whiny excuses about everything. 

A terrible QB that almost won them the Super Bowl.

The Chiefs didn't stumble on some secret that Harbaugh didn't know, or they're still waiting to unlock some new mythical mystery level out of Alex.  The guy is in his mid 30's now and what you see now is what you're gonna get.

He's going to dink and dunk and maybe take 2-3 shots down the field per game.  He had a good asset with his legs, but he's currently on pace to finish with less than 100 yards rushing for an entire season.  His wheels might be gone.

Archived