Stop crying and get ready for Denver

KC should get into the playoffs this week. All they can do now is beat the teams they are playing and hope for Oakland to stumble, if not then KC will be going to NE for the Divisional Round.

Yes I expect them to make the playoffs and yes I expect them to beat the Texans.

Would I prefer them to be the 1st or 2nd seed, you bet, but thats not where they are at at the moment.

More than the usual amount of hurt vaginas after this game. Man up and quit crying already. Waaah my sports team lost a game. Fucking pussies.

You're whining about people whining in a couple of different threads is sounding kinda whiny. Find happy threads. Having said that, the Chiefs played like shit yesterday.......waaaaa

We already have more wins than I expected. Anything else is a bonus for me. The window is closing. Enjoy the winning seasons.

Actually, I see the window opening. We're going to have Kelce, Hill, Maclin and Conley on the offense with Houston, Poe/Berry, Peters, Ford and Chris Jones on the D side. DJ plans on returning next year, and no one knows what will happen with Jamaal.

It's just beginning, starting with a deep playoff run this year.

You're whining about people whining in a couple of different threads is sounding kinda whiny. Find happy threads. Having said that, the Chiefs played like shit yesterday.......waaaaa

lol. good point.

I guess I just get tired of all the bipolar posters. We win and we're the best team ever. We lose and none of them can play, and they're ready to start a total rebuild.

You are what your record says you are, and 10-4 is nothing to sneeze at. Beginning of the season and everybody would have taken that. I personally thought we don't match up all that well with the titans and expected a tough game.

Actually, I see the window opening. We're going to have Kelce, Hill, Maclin and Conley on the offense with Houston, Poe/Berry, Peters, Ford and Chris Jones on the D side. DJ plans on returning next year, and no one knows what will happen with Jamaal.

Agreed. As long as we have Dorsey I expect we'll stay competitive. Assuming we find another QB after Alex.

lol. good point.

I guess I just get tired of all the bipolar posters. We win and we're the best team ever. We lose and none of them can play, and they're ready to start a total rebuild.

You are what your record says you are, and 10-4 is nothing to sneeze at. Beginning of the season and everybody would have taken that. I personally thought we don't match up all that well with the titans and expected a tough game.

Yes it's time to move on to Denver. But a quick thought on the Titans game. I thought we did match up well. Titans have been abysmal against the pass and we were able to build a 10 point lead at halftime. They made the adjustments and we sat on our collective asses. We left a lot of points on the field Sunday and should have won. I can handle getting beat. But when KC has multiple shots in the redzone to get a TD and come away with nothing...that I have trouble stomaching. Horrible decision making from Reid and Smith that played into their hands.

Denver is in meltdown mode and will be busy trying to figure out what's going wrong.  No reason KC shouldn't win this game, as long as they don't beat themselves (again).

Long term wise, it's time for the Chiefs to start looking at finding new talent to replace some of the aging guys.  There's plenty of talent around, so consider it more of a reload than a rebuild. 

Denver is in meltdown mode and will be busy trying to figure out what's going wrong.  No reason KC shouldn't win this game, as long as they don't beat themselves (again).

Long term wise, it's time for the Chiefs to start looking at finding new talent to replace some of the aging guys.  There's plenty of talent around, so consider it more of a reload than a rebuild. 

Denver's defense is still gonna keep them in games...even if their offense is struggling. I wouldn't say this game is a gimme by any stretch.

The Chiefs still have a shot at getting a bye week. They need to win the final two games, and hope for Oakland to lose one game. Oakland plays Indy at home this Sunday, and they play at Denver to close it out.

Even if the Chiefs finish on a three game skid, they are likely to be in the playoffs. If they win one more game, they get in for sure. So, being a playoff team is almost a sure thing. The issues I have are whether they will be able to win a playoff game as they did last year. Suddenly, the Chiefs have some serious issues.

Spencer Ware should come close to finishing with a 1000 yard season. He started hot, averaging more than 4.8 yards per carry, and 70 rushing yards per game in the first 8 games. Since then, his average ypc went down to 3.7, and he gained 9 fewer yards per game, despite having a slightly heavier load. It would be natural to point fingers at Ware for the problem. However, this would be wrong. Ware seems to be getting everything he can out of every carry. The problem is the OL, especially at LG.

After having one of his better two games in a row, Alex Smith reverted to the Smith known for being inaccurate, and not seeing open receivers. Alex Smith is frustrating. He seems to play exceedingly well in spurts. When he is on, he is on. He missed 4 passes against the Falcons, but really only had one inaccurate throw. He was accurate in major portions of the Oakland game. Alex Smith's worst QB rating was against Tennessee. He was just bad.

Kansas City suffered a significant loss against Oakland. Derrick Johnson played with an Achilles injury for four straight games. He looked slow at times. However, it wasn't until he left that we learned just how important he was to their defense. An injured DJ was still better than his replacements. I was hopeful, but DJ Alexander was relatively timid, and Ramik Wilson didn't have a lot of sand. The run defense was not impressive, especially from the  middle linebackers.

Andy Reid has done a fabulous job this season, but last Sunday was not a banner moment. His team started fast, which is the recipe for beating the Titans. However, after running for a 68 yard touch down, the Chiefs seemed to forget Tyreek Hill was still available to play at WR. It took a long, long time for Alex Smith to connect with Kelce, who ended with three catches. Finally, Reid gave Succop a do over to make a kick to win the game after falling short the first time. There were other strange moments, but to say this was not a great day would be fair.

I don't know who the Chiefs will bring back. They can bring one player back off their IR. Everyone hoped Jamaal Charles would be brought back. However, his knee is still swelling up, and it is not certain he will be able to return. Justin March-Lillard seemed to be the likely replacement for Derrick Johnson. His injury seems to be the kind that is likely easier to recover from, and he is needed. I hope they bring him back, but only time will tell. Ideally, he would have been retained on the team in the first place. 

Finally, we just don't know how things will turn out. Lilja was placed on the practice team, and he went on to have a good career with the Colts. This year, David Irving was tearing it up in preseason. There just wasn't enough room to hide him on their 53 man squad. Besides, he was a tweener. He was a little too small to play DE, and not fast enough to be an OLB. Only.... he made plays, and Dallas noticed. Dallas snagged him off our practice team. He was nearly unstoppable against the Bucs (a team that stopped the Chiefs). I guess that is how it goes. You can't win them all. Too bad, because we need him now.

I think you are right. This is a young team. Hali and DJ and Charles are on their way out, but most of wahat we did this season we did without much help from them. Smith has a year or two left here, but most seem like they will throw a parade for that.

We are looking good for a long run.

Someone posts something like this every year, and every year I give the same response.  I'm not a player, coach, or employee of the Kansas City Chiefs.  I can whine and cry as much as I want for as long as I want, because nobody on this board has to "get ready for Denver".  I live in America, and I chose to wallow in this loss a little longer...lol

Archived