March Activated from IR

He's really missed in the running game because he was certainly smart enough to anticipate what gap a RB was about to hit and shut it down in a hurry.

Qft. He does so many things so well. We could really have used him in the playoffs.

Arrowhead stepped on his foot the year he was down with the foot injury while we were at dinner with him and his brother Dwayne. True story.

I hope Jamaal Charles recuperates entirely, and is ready to go this spring. He cannot play for his current salary. I hope he is willing to take a cut in pay.

Ask me how much I respect Jamaal Charles after his 2014 holdout. $20 million later, he delivered 352 touches for 1,919 yards and 20 touchdowns (as well as 5 lost fumbles). A classic example of paying a player for past performance and getting very little in return. If you're going to holdout, you'd better deliver in the end. Charles didn't. He couldn't control being injured, but he could have controlled playing out the contract he signed. He damaged the team by his holdout. He's part of the reason the Chiefs couldn't afford better players than they've had since 2014, and then he didn't manage to see the field for even half of the games the Chiefs have played during that time.

Justifying Charles' holdout because of Charles early efforts for terrible Chiefs teams is to stand on the side of the flawed maxim, "Two wrongs make a right."

Qft. He does so many things so well. We could really have used him in the playoffs.

Arrowhead stepped on his foot the year he was down with the foot injury while we were at dinner with him and his brother Dwayne. True story.

I remember that. It was before he was blowing it up and AH couldn't stand him. It may have been an intentional Nancy Kerrigan situation.

Ask me how much I respect Jamaal Charles after his 2014 holdout. $20 million later, he delivered 352 touches for 1,919 yards and 20 touchdowns (as well as 5 lost fumbles). A classic example of paying a player for past performance and getting very little in return. If you're going to holdout, you'd better deliver in the end. Charles didn't. He couldn't control being injured, but he could have controlled playing out the contract he signed. He damaged the team by his holdout. He's part of the reason the Chiefs couldn't afford better players than they've had since 2014, and then he didn't manage to see the field for even half of the games the Chiefs have played during that time.

Justifying Charles' holdout because of Charles early efforts for terrible Chiefs teams is to stand on the side of the flawed maxim, "Two wrongs make a right."

Charles, was the only hope for this franchise (on offense) before the Reid and Dorsey era. He gave us fans inspiration during bad times with the franchise. It just sucks that he won't be a part of this run. It runs deeper then statistics. I'd take Charles back in a heart beat , but that's not the case.

We have plenty of talent right now regardless of JC holding out and signing. All the talent is being handcuffed by your boy at QB.  He has Hill, Kelce &  Maclin and has only 12 TDs this year. Kelce has only 3 and Foles threw on of them. Unlike a some, JC actually did something to deserve a new contract.

In 2014 JC never held out, he signed before camp even started. It was also reported that Chiefs went to JC about a new contract. He didn't go to them wanting more money.

I am beginning to believe the Chiefs will first try to renegotiate Charles' contract, with some incentives. Peterson of the Vikings will have to do this as well, but on a bigger scale.

If the incentives are met, they go to the following year. So, this next year, the cap numbers should not be an issue, even if he meets all the incentive measurements.

In 2014 JC never held out, he signed before camp even started. It was also reported that Chiefs went to JC about a new contract. He didn't go to them wanting more money.

Yep

Phatal hasn't been a Chiefs fan for long. He doesn't understand the feelings most of us have for a player who was a lone shining spot for a struggling franchise.

Charles is also a good person and was heavy in the community. He earned every penny.

I am beginning to believe the Chiefs will first try to renegotiate Charles' contract, with some incentives. Peterson of the Vikings will have to do this as well, but on a bigger scale.

If the incentives are met, they go to the following year. So, this next year, the cap numbers should not be an issue, even if he meets all the incentive measurements.

Something makes me think that Peterson won't be up for this. It might not matter, but he seems to think that he's underpaid, even if he doesn't play. He's the guy that said that they were basically slaves because they couldn't leave when they wanted to. I get that he didn't want to get injured, but when he was, he didn't return any of that money nor considered that to be payment for other years. Instead, he got upset about the years that he did play.

Yep

Phatal hasn't been a Chiefs fan for long. He doesn't understand the feelings most of us have for a player who was a lone shining spot for a struggling franchise.

Charles is also a good person and was heavy in the community. He earned every penny.

I agree, but I wish that we had sent my retroactively paying him in those years since easier. I think if we had paid him more in prior years, we would still feel that he overperformed. Of course, then, the Chiefs would have more to stand on to say that they did, if that had been the case.

Charles, was the only hope for this franchise (on offense) before the Reid and Dorsey era. He gave us fans inspiration during bad times with the franchise. It just sucks that he won't be a part of this run. It runs deeper then statistics. I'd take Charles back in a heart beat , but that's not the case.

It is a Barry Sanders situation. Terrible, terrible blocking his whole career, yet still the yards per carry record. Those 2 are among the best to ever suit up. Emmit is not half the back those 2 are.

Archived