Broncos vs Chiefs game thread

Yeah, he sure does. 

Fortunately for him, Hill and Kelce were able to provide some big plays and the Broncos were too bad to not capitalize on yet another bad INT.  His internal clock needs to work faster and he needs to get the ball out before the pressure gets to him. 

Not sure the INT was all on Smith.  Guess he should have eaten the ball, but he was hit before the ball left his hand and Hill was behind the defender.  Smith's game would have been even better if Harris hadn't dropped a sure TD right in his hands.  I won't blame Reid of Smith for shutting down the offense in the second half.  They had the game in hand as long as DEN didn't get a big break.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Either way, it wasn't smiths fault..

My dad said that Smith usually tucks the ball away in that situation, so maybe it's a good thing he went for it. There was a chance he wouldn't be hit. Even when we don't connect, as long as we win, we are at least show teams that we'll go deep. They'll have to defend it, opening up shorter passes.

Obviously, the 80 yarder was a shorter pass, but it felt like the average pass travelled in the air more this game. At least for most of the game. I know, we set the bar real low.

My dad said that Smith usually tucks the ball away in that situation, so maybe it's a good thing he went for it. There was a chance he wouldn't be hit. Even when we don't connect, as long as we win, we are at least show teams that we'll go deep. They'll have to defend it, opening up shorter passes.

Obviously, the 80 yarder was a shorter pass, but it felt like the average pass travelled in the air more this game. At least for most of the game. I know, we set the bar real low.

Yep. 2 seconds wasn't enough time to even think to tuck it. I'm defending him. He made the right decision in my mind there.

Archived