Future corners!!

That's silly. Gaines was a solid CB prior to tearing his ACL last year.

I don't think he'll ever be right again, though.

He didn't play much before that either.

Abdullah, Parker, berry, smith, and peters we're always on the field. He's been overrated.

There is so much talent out there, and players need to make the most of every opportunity. I worked with a guy, who was on their practice team as a db. He was at the wrong place at the wrong time, and got shot. It was random. He survived, but his journey in the NFL was over. It can take an event like that, or an injury. There isn't much time for teams, and they tend to move on.

Gaines was hurt. His physical attributes were exceptional. He never fully recovered from the ACL surgery. Justin Houston hasn't fully recovered either. That doesn't make Houston a bad guy, a loser, or garbage. It doesn't make Gaines that either. Obviously, he is trying to make his mark. It just doesn't happen all the time.

Terrance Mitchell almost didn't get a fair shake. He failed to get on with two other teams. Same can be said about Spencer Ware, who was out of the league for an entire year. Mitchell got the right chance, and has stayed healthy. He has really good quickness. He is a bit handsy, which is not required, since he is a good cover corner. I think he has a chance to be very good in the league.

The Chiefs will be wise to try to find Mitchell's replacement. That is how it works in the NFL. Guys get hurt, slow down, lose their mojo... It isn't a forever league.

The Chiefs will be wise to try to find Mitchell's replacement. That is how it works in the NFL. Guys get hurt, slow down, lose their mojo... It isn't a forever league.

Mitchell's emergence may allow the Chiefs to draft CB in later rounds rather than being forced to grab one early.

Any hope that White will be in the mix in the future?  Too many of us are too impatient and we need to give rookies a little time to see what they can contribute.

i was thinking about that when the NBC Team was talking about the Denver QB's and wondering if they would take a look at

Romo even though Simian and lynch are both cheaper...but i bet that elway will be impatient and try to get Romo, that is their MO

i was thinking about that when the NBC Team was talking about the Denver QB's and wondering if they would take a look at

Romo even though Simian and lynch are both cheaper...but i bet that elway will be impatient and try to get Romo, that is their MO

Maybe, but does that mean they'll try to shop Simian or relegate their 2016 #1 round pick to the bench for a long time?  Romo has a few years left and the Donks can't hold their defense in tact for very many more years so they have to win now.  Lynch may have been a wasted pick if they don't use him for three or four more years.

I hope they do get Romo. He has always been a choke artist.

Not in the regular season but he doesn't have many postseason games either. But with Denvers oline, I see him getting injured easier and he's not exactly an Iron Man. He had a great oline in Dallas and he broke often. He has also played through injury before, but broken is broken.

Mitchell's emergence may allow the Chiefs to draft CB in later rounds rather than being forced to grab one early.

It's just the way the game goes. Mitchell may be the next great find. If he can trust his own technique, and not grab, I think he can be very good. One injury can end or alter a career. I agree on later picks in the draft. My point is you can never quit looking. With corners, the careers are so fragile.

Archived