Post game thoughts.

Finally, the Chiefs played their third complete game.  The games in Indy and Oak were the only ones the Chief played that made them look like a playoff team.  Tonight, they won easily even with giving DEN a cheap TD after an interception, two missed kicks, countless penalties, and a dropped TD pass by Harris.

Wish Reid wouldn't have called the Poe pass.  Sure, it was fun but the Donks had been knocked out of the playoffs, suffered more injuries, and were a beaten team.  No need to rub it in with a gadget at the end.

Where is Maclin?  I know Kelce was hot and open, but one has to wonder if Maclin is still hurting.  Even Conley had more important targets.

Let's hope Houston comes back for the playoffs.  Not every team has such a sorry O-line and the Donks.

Chiefs had a nice mix of Denver not being able to run the ball particularly strong and getting behind early on and becoming more one dimensional on Offense.  Stephenson sucks shit and the saddest note is knowing that the Chiefs took him one pick before the Seahawks selected Wilson.

Santos needs to get his head on straight, ILBs still playing pretty soft and still too many miscues.  They need to work on getting Maclin worked into the Offense more, because they're gonna need them after the SD game. 

You are never as bad as your last loss, nor are you as good as your win. The Chiefs played well. Denver mailed it in. The playoffs are next. The Chiefs have to treat this like any other win, and move on to San Diego. SD would love to ruin our season. Oakland lost their QB, but the back up played well.  Denver will probably lose. The Chiefs need to enjoy this win, and turn it off at midnight (which was an hour ago).

Imagine if Chiefs get #2 seed. Oakland loses at Houston. We could meet Pitt in Arrowhead for the AFC title game. I think Pitt matches up well vs NE IMO. Nothing is certain, but I still think the Chiefs owe it to Belicheat and I'd love nothing more than a victory in Foxborough come playoff time.

All in all that TN loss might turn out to be a blessing for Reid and his Chiefs.

Imagine if Chiefs get #2 seed. Oakland loses at Houston. We could meet Pitt in Arrowhead for the AFC title game. I think Pitt matches up well vs NE IMO. Nothing is certain, but I still think the Chiefs owe it to Belicheat and I'd love nothing more than a victory in Foxborough come playoff time.

All in all that TN loss might turn out to be a blessing for Reid and his Chiefs.

Not following the logic.  The Chiefs will either be the second or fifth seed and the same would be true if they had beaten the Titans.  If they're second, and OAK is fifth, Houston will beat the Raiders and get NE.  The Chiefs will get the PIT/MIA winner and I'd bet on PIT.  If the Chiefs are fifth, they go to Houston and a win will take them to NE while the Raiders get PIT.  I don't see how being fifth due to a loss to the Titans helps the Chiefs.  Would you prefer three road games at Houston/NE/PIT or home against PIT and away at NE?  The point being that losing to the Titans added two road games to their playoff schedule.  No way does PIT play NE before the Chiefs since they're the three seed and NE is one.

Not following the logic. The Chiefs will either be the second or fifth seed and the same would be true if they had beaten the Titans. If they're second, and OAK is fifth, Houston will beat the Raiders and get NE. The Chiefs will get the PIT/MIA winner and I'd bet on PIT. If the Chiefs are fifth, they go to Houston and a win will take them to NE while the Raiders get PIT. I don't see how being fifth due to a loss to the Titans helps the Chiefs. Would you prefer three road games at Houston/NE/PIT or home against PIT and away at NE? The point being that losing to the Titans added two road games to their playoff schedule. No way does PIT play NE before the Chiefs since they're the three seed and NE is one.

Houston sucks

Pittsburgh's D sucks

So you'd bet the Chiefs against them on the road?  Every team has weaknesses and the Chiefs could lose to anyone or beat anyone depending on a few mistakes or breaks.  But the odds on the Chiefs beating Big Ben and Bell along with maybe the best receiver are not pretty.

So you'd bet the Chiefs against them on the road? Every team has weaknesses and the Chiefs could lose to anyone or beat anyone depending on a few mistakes or breaks. But the odds on the Chiefs beating Big Ben and Bell along with maybe the best receiver are not pretty.

We have nothing but a bunch of hypocrites here. People talk about wanting to play the best then worry about playing the best. Well folks which is it?

Yes I have no problem with the Chiefs going up against the Squeelers.

We have nothing but a bunch of hypocrites here. People talk about wanting to play the best then worry about playing the best. Well folks which is it?

Same here. They didn't look that impressive to me. I think if we got another shot at them we'd beat them.

Nope, the Chiefs have to beat the best to get to the big game.  At the same time, it's better to get the Steelers in Arrowhead than to have to beat Houston and PIT on the road.  That was the point.  No matter how faithful the fans are, they should know PIT will be a tough game to win.  Just posting the cliche that "PIT sucks" doesn't mean a thing.

Archived