Let's go Denver next week. I know we called Poe's pass because the Broncos kept calling timeouts, but with the Broncos eliminated aleeady, the Poe TD, and the draft position game, I'm not confident the Beoncos will beat McGloin at home. I think it'll be like our San Diego game in 2013. Lose at the end.

So the Chiefs are either the second or (probably) the fifth.  First scenario, they play PIT in Arrowhead.  Second, they play in Houston and if they win there, they go to NE again.  Tough road to the championship game either way, but one game in Arrowhead is much better than two on the road.

So the Chiefs are either the second or (probably) the fifth.  First scenario, they play PIT in Arrowhead.  Second, they play in Houston and if they win there, they go to NE again.  Tough road to the championship game either way, but one game in Arrowhead is much better than two on the road.

Andy Reid, is determined to win a Super Bowl one day. I think he'll it do it here in KC.

Statistically, this is not a 12 - 4 or even a 11 - 4 team. They caught some breaks. Their offense was held down by some untimely, poor play calling. However, they caught some breaks along the way.

One more game, and the second season begins. The Chiefs earned a golden ticket. They are going to the tourney. They might get a bye, but either way, they have a shot. If they win three games as a wild card team, they will get to play in the Super Bowl. You don't have to be the best, you just have to get hot at the right time, and catch some breaks.

Statistically, this is not a 12 - 4 or even a 11 - 4 team. They caught some breaks. Their offense was held down by some untimely, poor play calling. However, they caught some breaks along the way.

You could say they lost 3 of their 4 games due to the same breaks they got from other teams...it evens out. Besides, neither the Seahawks or the Broncos would have Super Bowls if it wasn't for these same breaks...

It's very possible that the Chiefs will lose their first playoff game unless Houston is ready to play.  They have too many players on I.R. to count on winning against any average or above team.  The DJ loss is a killer and piled on top of not having JC, Ehengler, Bailey, Howard, Mauga, and Gaines......well that's a lot to replace.  Sure, some aren't super players, but they were starters and they aren't available.  The Chiefs have to get Maclin involved and Houston back 100% if they're going to make a run.

It's very possible that the Chiefs will lose their first playoff game unless Houston is ready to play. They have too many players on I.R. to count on winning against any average or above team. The DJ loss is a killer and piled on top of not having JC, Ehengler, Bailey, Howard, Mauga, and Gaines......well that's a lot to replace. Sure, some aren't super players, but they were starters and they aren't available. The Chiefs have to get Maclin involved and Houston back 100% if they're going to make a run.

Gaines is addition by subtraction..

Houston has to be a 100% for this team to go anywhere

If we can run the ball like we did tonight...consistently...then we have a true shot. Keep feeding West it's all about ryhthm and confidence.

West did okay while trying to run clock last night, but this year he really hasn't done that much.  Even last night he averaged about 2.5 yds/carry which isn't a great substitute for Ware.  Has West broken out on any plays this season or is he just the only other option when Ware needs a break?  The Chiefs need to find a better RB and the draft is loaded this winter.

We need bigger and better road graders to open holes.

The Chiefs need a bulked up Ehinger back.  That's a first step.  Then they could use one more O-lineman from FA or the draft although I'm not sure a rookie would be better than what they have in his first year or so.

We knock Andy for his cute play calling. Myself included. I am starting to understand. I am a pound the ball and take a play action pass down field once in a while. We just don't block that well. Same thing for regular down field passing.

As frustrated as I get, Andy is doing the only thing that he can. He is a genius when it works and a terrible coach when it doesn't. We just win and there is nobody we can't beat. Also nobody we can't lose to, but that is the NFL. We are what our record says we are. We beat Oakland twice and Denver twice. Easily.

To say we are not an 11-4 team because we caught some breaks is just not accurate. We are what our record says we are. Just like everyone else.

I went on a couple Denver Bronco message boards. I didn't sign up, and I did not comment. I lurked a while, read a few posts, and burst out laughing. Visiting the Oakland message boards is nearly as fun. Someone mused about bringing Peyton Manning back to play for their Raiders, while others described McGloin as the next Jeff Hoetetler.

Archived