Not everyone happy with Poe TD Play

It was a fun gadget play that happened to work and hopefully, the Donks see it that way and not as bulletin board material for next season.  The league is about entertainment and the Chiefs provided it last night.  I'd rather they didn't do it, but it shouldn't be a big deal.

I could care less if we were up 58-0 and WE called the timeout and then ran the Poe play to go up 65-0. These guys are pros, if they don't like it....... stop the play. A lot of sprained vaginas in the Donkey locker room.

There is a thin line between sportsmanship and chicken shit. If the Chiefs had called time out in that situation then ut would have been chicken shit but since Denver called time out it was all good.

Anyone who honestly believes it's alright to run the score up in someone just because is not a professional they are an asshole. That's like taking a cheap shot at a player when it's not needed but because it's within the rules.

I tell you what, teams saw that play and they now will think twice about selling out on the run when Poe goes out there. Very smart move even if it had failed. We weren't trying to score as much as getting that crazy thing on tape IMO.

So Poe now has a rushing, recieiving and passing TD? Wow.

There is a thin line between sportsmanship and chicken shit. If the Chiefs had called time out in that situation then ut would have been chicken shit but since Denver called time out it was all good.

Anyone who honestly believes it's alright to run the score up in someone just because is not a professional they are an asshole. That's like taking a cheap shot at a player when it's not needed but because it's within the rules.

I'm opposed to running up the score all the way through college. Once they are pros they'll just have to put the big boy pants on and deal with it. Von Miller and Aqib are cheap shot punks that make like a billion dollars. I am totally opposed to cheap shots at any level.   

All I know is...every time I've ever mentioned a team running up the score on the Chiefs over the years...the opposing fan response is always the same. "You want to stop it? Then get a defense good enough to stop it. Otherwise shut up and deal with it." This is the universal feeling of teams and their fans. When you are on the receiving end of a blowout its wrong to score late and unsportsman like. If you are on the other side...its all good and the losers are just whiny babies.

Sporting News went all digital in 2013. It was sold to Perform Group out of Feltham, London, England. They are a shell of what they once were. Their offices moved. to Charlotte, where American Business Journal, a minority owner, is also based. It is run on a shoe string budget. I tracked down a writer, who used to work for Sporting News, and he was assigned to write business journals. He gave me some inside scoop. I believe he was about to leave the Sporting News, and was disgruntled.

I believe the writer of the article is a geek, who never played sports. He is a fantasy sports geek, and started with Sporting News as a contributing editor following his graduation. He mentions working for SN 2 years before graduating, so it must have been as an intern or something similar. He was a associate editor preceding the changes at SN. He then became a projects editor during the upheaval. He resides in Charlotte, NC, and is currently one of their staff writers.

You can't please everyone. It's a sad thing what happened to Sporting News. They were once a very reliable source. The Chiefs have to do what is right for them. They most certainly do not have to placate the false motives of other teams' fans, and the false morality of fantasy football geeks. This is football. If you don't want the other team to score points, do a better job stopping them.

Archived