AFC West Champions!!! ✊

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought the Chiefs would do well, but they're winning in a different way than thought they would. 

They're winning in a different way than we all thought they would: They seem to be winning with a different approach every week. The worst loss of the 16-game season was in a game where the Chiefs failed in all three phases of the game. The other three losses were one-score losses, two by less than a field goal.

At this point, the Chiefs are likely to win a Super Bowl if they can play with the consistency they've shown in nearly every game they've played since their week 11 loss against the Buccaneers. Only the Patriots have shown a similar consistency, but the Patriots got to 14-2 with a fairly weak Strength of Victory. No team in the league had a winning record and beat better teams than the Chiefs. The only playoff team aside from the Chiefs to go undefeated against opponents that finished .500 or lower on the season was the Raiders, whom the Chiefs swept in their two-game series.

This team can win it all.

They're winning in a different way than we all thought they would: They seem to be winning with a different approach every week. The worst loss of the 16-game season was in a game where the Chiefs failed in all three phases of the game. The other three losses were one-score losses, two by less than a field goal.

At this point, the Chiefs are likely to win a Super Bowl if they can play with the consistency they've shown in nearly every game they've played since their week 11 loss against the Buccaneers. Only the Patriots have shown a similar consistency, but the Patriots got to 14-2 with a fairly weak Strength of Victory. No team in the league had a winning record and beat better teams than the Chiefs. The only playoff team aside from the Chiefs to go undefeated against opponents that finished .500 or lower on the season was the Raiders, whom the Chiefs swept in their two-game series.

Man, I hope so.

Maybe someone can find and post a thread with some predictions of the Chiefs record this year.

I can't really remember, but I think I was pretty close.  But it's meaningless, anyway.  No way to predict injuries.  If I thought our injuries would have been so substantial, I would have never been so optimistic.  I underestimated the team's depth. I knew it was good, but not this good.  I also had uncertainty about the absence of Doug Pederson.

At this point, the Chiefs are likely to win a Super Bowl if they can play with the consistency they've shown in nearly every game they've played since their week 11 loss against the Buccaneers. Only the Patriots have shown a similar consistency, but the Patriots got to 14-2 with a fairly weak Strength of Victory. No team in the league had a winning record and beat better teams than the Chiefs. The only playoff team aside from the Chiefs to go undefeated against opponents that finished .500 or lower on the season was the Raiders, whom the Chiefs swept in their two-game series.

Week 11 was the only game I had tickets for this year. I went with my son.  That part was good, but the game... :(

Week 11 was the only game I had tickets for this year. I went with my son. That part was good, but the game... :(

I blame you! ;) Just kidding, I blame my wife. She changed my newborn from the Kansas City onesie to it normal onesie when we were up 14 to 0.

Never mind, I am thinking about the Tennessee game. So you get the Tampa Bay game and I will get the Tennessee game. Who gets the Houston blame? I'll give that one to the offense. I give the Steelers game to the whole team.

I blame you! ;) Just kidding, I blame my wife. She changed my newborn from the Kansas City onesie to it normal onesie when we were up 14 to 0.

Never mind, I am thinking about the Tennessee game. So you get the Tampa Bay game and I will get the Tennessee game. Who gets the Houston blame? I'll give that one to the offense. I give the Steelers game to the whole team.

Gotta blame SOMEBODY  :lol:

Damn your wife. She's not allowed to change the baby till mid February.

Might as well switch from diaper to walmart sacks.

Week 11 was the only game I had tickets for this year. I went with my son.  That part was good, but the game... :(

We went to both the JAX and NYJ games which the Chiefs won but I felt we didn't get our money's worth.  Horrible games.  But the divisional home games were all fan friendly except for the cold.

We went to both the JAX and NYJ games which the Chiefs won but I felt we didn't get our money's worth.  Horrible games.  But the divisional home games were all fan friendly except for the cold.

Seems like the Chiefs figured out how to win so many games just on special teams and ball hawking while little actually worked offensively. Big injuries along the D-line, Maclin, Gaines, Charles, DJ, Houston. Some bad play calling games by Reid.  Being too conservative on offense when trying to nurse a small lead.  Some bad run defense most of the time.  But the staff figured out a formula how to squeak by using dominant special teams and turnovers. Dorsey gets the prize for building unbelievable depth.  Now the team is getting healthy, and there are so many weapons.  The O-line has been stable for months and is starting to work together.  We have playmakers all over the field on both sides of the ball and on ST.  The timing of all of this is just perfect.  We have as good a chance at the big prize as anyone.  And it is all because of those games like you hated, Jet.  They looked like crap, but we squeaked by.  Coaching did this....and the GM....and Tyreek Hill :lol:

Each year is unique and 2016 is certainly one season I will long remember. Starting out with the amazing comeback against San Diego. Sweeping the division is incredible. Until yesterday the Raiders had lost only 3 games....two of them were to the Chiefs. The game of the season at Denver when we won in OT. It has been a magical ride.

I think this Chiefs team could be very dangerous in post season. The offense is hitting it's stride it seems. Tyreek "the freak" Hill has got to be causing many a defensive and special teams coordinator to lose sleep at night. His explosiveness alone is what separates us from last year's squad. If we have Ware back and it appears we will...and Maclin finally is starting to look healthy again...and we get no.50 back...who is to say we can't be looking at an AFC title match with the Pats? Bring it on!!!

Getting healthy players back plus Andy Reid with 2 weeks to prepare...I like our chances against anyone coming to Arrowhead. I hope it's the Steelers because I cherish the chance for some payback.

Seems like the Chiefs figured out how to win so many games just on special teams and ball hawking while little actually worked offensively. Big injuries along the D-line, Maclin, Gaines, Charles, DJ, Houston. Some bad play calling games by Reid.  Being too conservative on offense when trying to nurse a small lead.  Some bad run defense most of the time.  But the staff figured out a formula how to squeak by using dominant special teams and turnovers. Dorsey gets the prize for building unbelievable depth.  Now the team is getting healthy, and there are so many weapons.  The O-line has been stable for months and is starting to work together.  We have playmakers all over the field on both sides of the ball and on ST.  The timing of all of this is just perfect.  We have as good a chance at the big prize as anyone.  And it is all because of those games like you hated, Jet.  They looked like crap, but we squeaked by.  Coaching did this....and the GM....and Tyreek Hill :lol:

Dorsey is a top GM in this league. 

Love that we won the West! 

It was great seeing how easily we could go into last year's offense with West in the game. HB screens, crossing routes, drag routes, and Alex running for first downs.

I loved it.... I think the offense works better with West over Ware.... 

You make a solid point. However, Ware won the starting role, do to his inside running ability. Also, West was battling injuries most of the season. Ware should have his ribs healed. The Chiefs have three healthy running backs. Plus, Tyreek Hill, and DAT have been used at running back as well. The Chiefs are deep at skilled positions.

Love that we won the West! 

It was great seeing how easily we could go into last year's offense with West in the game. HB screens, crossing routes, drag routes, and Alex running for first downs.

I loved it.... I think the offense works better with West over Ware.... 

It seems like it, but remember two things:  Ware is a beast and wears defensive fronts down.  By the last quarter they are dragging their asses.  Also, Ware has great hands and can also catch a pass and get more YAC than West. I have rarely seen him drop one.  I am glad we have them both.  But I'll take the battering ram the first half of the game.  West can come in later and juke those guys that are worn out.

I like Ware as the starter and West as third down change of pace guy. Ware is a beast.

They compliment each other well. West, is such a selfless player and a great fit for the Chiefs. He never complained when his playing time diminished , yet he stayed positive and just look at the SD game last week. He deserves a spot on this team for sure. He's got excellent pass catching skills coming out of the backfield. We need that in the postseason to move the chains.

I almost think west is better suited for the type of run blockers we have. They love to pull and get out in space, love the misdirection plays. Ware would be a superstar behind the Cowboys line.

Hasn't Ware made a lot of his yards down the sidelines?  I think the line just isn't able to dominate up the middle as shown in the Tenn game from the half yd. line.

Hasn't Ware made a lot of his yards down the sidelines?  I think the line just isn't able to dominate up the middle as shown in the Tenn game from the half yd. line.

I think you are looking at the result of Ehinger's season ending injury.  Playing a pedestrian guard like Fulton is the problem.  His only real value is that he can play backup center, which is no small deal.  

I think you are looking at the result of Ehinger's season ending injury.  Playing a pedestrian guard like Fulton is the problem.  His only real value is that he can play backup center, which is no small deal.  

You're probably right.  Let's hope Ehinger can come back stronger and the Chiefs find a good backup in the third or later rounds.

Ehinger and Morse have shown Dorsey & Reid can draft for O-line.

Fisher & LDT  proved they knew what they were doing in development too.

Winston has proven that they can get it right in Free agency.

When you put all the pieces together, this is a franchise on the rise.

w

Ehinger and Morse have shown Dorsey & Reid can draft for O-line.

Fisher & LDT proved they knew what they were doing in development too.

Winston has proven that they can get it right in Free agency.

When you put all the pieces together, this is a franchise on the rise.

w

Winston?! That's disgusting!

Think you mean Schwartz.

Archived