AFC West Champions!!! ✊

And while that difficulty of schedule meant that Houston was a playoff team and Tennessee was close and Tampa Bay improved, we could've beaten the Patriots record with our difficult schedule.

Some people will mention the off the uprights win, Atlanta last minute win, Peters take away against Carolina etc. as offsetting those losses and therefore it's OK, but I still think we earned those wins.

But dammit, we also "earned" those losses. I would like our chances as a number one seed more, but if we get to the SB through Steelers and Foxborough, even better.

I don't like the schedule argument very much because I would be a hypocrite to do so. When we were winning all those games in 2013, I knew we weren't ready for that next step, but I thought that we could not control our schedule so FU to those *'ing it.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not understanding why 'the Packers had the toughest Strength of Schedule'. First, the SoS for both the Packers and the Chiefs was .508. Second, the Chiefs had a better record than the Packers, meaning that relative to the Packers the Chiefs' SoS is more depressed by their own wins.

I wonder if my calculation is missing something.

I'm not understanding why 'the Packers had the toughest Strength of Schedule'. First, the SoS for both the Packers and the Chiefs was .508. Second, the Chiefs had a better record than the Packers, meaning that relative to the Packers the Chiefs' SoS is more depressed by their own wins.

I wonder if my calculation is missing something.

Never mind, I figured it out after poking around the pro-football-reference.com website:

SoS
 -- Strength of Schedule

Average quality of opponent as measured by SRS (Simple Rating System)

SRS -- Simple Rating System

Team quality relative to average (0.0) as measured by SRS (Simple Rating System)

SRS = MoV + SoS = OSRS + DSRS

The difference in SRS can be considered a point spread (add about 2 pt for HFA)

MoV -- Margin of Victory

(Points Scored - Points Allowed)/ Games Played

OSRS -- Offensive SRS

Team offense quality relative to average (0.0) as measured by SRS (Simple Rating System)

DSRS -- Defensive SRS

Team defense quality relative to average (0.0) as measured by SRS (Simple Rating System)

So they substituted the formula in the common-use term Strength of Schedule with an algorithm of their own design.

That's not confusing at all.

The Chiefs are behind only the Raiders, who logically had the more difficult "Strength of Schedule" seeing as they lost twice to the Chiefs.

Never mind, I figured it out after poking around the pro-football-reference.com website:

SoS

-- Strength of Schedule

Average quality of opponent as measured by SRS (Simple Rating System)

SRS -- Simple Rating System

Team quality relative to average (0.0) as measured by SRS (Simple Rating System)

SRS = MoV + SoS = OSRS + DSRS

The difference in SRS can be considered a point spread (add about 2 pt for HFA)

MoV -- Margin of Victory

(Points Scored - Points Allowed)/ Games Played

OSRS -- Offensive SRS

Team offense quality relative to average (0.0) as measured by SRS (Simple Rating System)

DSRS -- Defensive SRS

Team defense quality relative to average (0.0) as measured by SRS (Simple Rating System)

So they substituted the formula in the common-use term Strength of Schedule with an algorithm of their own design.

That's not confusing at all.

The Chiefs are behind only the Raiders, who logically had the more difficult "Strength of Schedule" seeing as they lost twice to the Chiefs.

:)

I think we can say that the Chiefs played the toughest schedule of 2016. And they learned a lot a long The way.

If they go on to win it all, it can partially be attributed to the tests all along the way.

:)

I think we can say that the Chiefs played the toughest schedule of 2016. And they learned a lot a long The way.

If they go on to win it all, it can partially be attributed to the tests all along the way.

Question is where would NE have ended up if they had our schedule? Remember they played a Big Benless Pitt team earlier this year.

Archived