Chiefs Personnel in Demand

Between Hill and Colquitt he has some talent but his schemes and the rest of the players he plugs in are key

There always seems to be a lane open.

Remember, we have had 2 kicks for TD called back.

On one, there was no penalty at all..

The other one, someone blocked in the back away from the play...

His schemes are fantastic.

He's done it everywhere

I would think so, but you are not going to do that to your staff!  Why would you not allow them to?  Remember, people do not forget in this league, and what if you are in that situation in the future?  I would think the permission is to avoid the tampering, but not allowing it would haunt you for a while.

I think a team could push a team to not have an interview until the offseason?Either way, I hope we are busy winning the Super Bowl and that Denver waits and Toub declines. Denver loses out on others waiting.

I may be way off. It's just I know I read that a team cannot block a promotion to HC, but if one can still block an interview, that might just mean the team has to wait until the season is over to do so.

There are just so few ST guys that become a HC.

He doesn't have HC experience and is half way to 60. Harbaugh was much younger when he got the Ravens gig.

The main thing going for Toub is there are a lot of open jobs and not many good candidates.

E: Broncos seem locked in with Vance Joseph (a yes man) and I'd be surprised if Toub got the SD gig over Mike Smith.

If Toub gets his shot, I wouldn't be surprised if it was with the Bears whenever they wake up and realize that Fox is a bum.

There are just so few ST guys that become a HC.

He doesn't have HC experience and is half way to 60. Harbaugh was much younger when he got the Ravens gig.

The main thing going for Toub is there are a lot of open jobs and not many good candidates.

E: Broncos seem locked in with Vance Joseph (a yes man) and I'd be surprised if Toub got the SD gig over Mike Smith.

If Toub gets his shot, I wouldn't be surprised if it was with the Bears whenever they wake up and realize that Fox is a bum.

Wow. I thought Toub was older than 30.

I would bet Smith ends up in Jax.

Denver does not want a defensive minded head coach. They want an offensive minded head coach that will bow down to Smellway. Do you really believe they are going to bring in a defensive minded head coach who would want to mess with the D when it's the offense that is the problem?

They will go with Shanarat Jr. He is offensive minded, has ties to the Doncos, is a young coach who will not try to revamp everything and will listen to Smellway, ie be his puppet.

Denver does not want a defensive minded head coach. They want an offensive minded head coach that will bow down to Smellway. Do you really believe they are going to bring in a defensive minded head coach who would want to mess with the D when it's the offense that is the problem?

They will go with Shanarat Jr. He is offensive minded, has ties to the Doncos, is a young coach who will not try to revamp everything and will listen to Smellway, ie be his puppet.

I agree. Do you think they'll try to bring back Phillips for defensive continuity?

I agree. Do you think they'll try to bring back Phillips for defensive continuity?

That's the funny thing, how often do you bring in a new HC and he doesn't bring his own coaches in.

Rumors and radio talk is that they want to keep their D coaches intact. So unless Phillips becomes a HC somewhere else he will probably stay.

Archived