I was a little harsh on Travis Kelce for critical fumbles and some of his antics but his skills are undeniable. Talking heads say: "Now that Gronk is out, Kelce may be the best TE" I think Kelce caught Gronk. Along with his hands, his YAC is phenomenal. His blocking both at the line and down field has been huge. By the time he's done, at this pace, he may well catch or pass Tony as best Chiefs TE. 

Smith likes his tight ends and whoever is next at QB will like Kelce as well if Kelce stays. Win-win for Kelce. I do think some of Kelce's low production games were by design or a lesson like partying for New Years - but some of it is missing him being open - to some degree that's every QB, some degree that's Smith.

Drew Brees is a great quarterback, eh? Anyway, Jimmy Graham has had success in the NFL. If Gronk didn't have Brady, would he be a Jimmy Graham? Or would he someone lesser? How about with Drew Brees pass happy system? Trying to gauge where Gronk is, how much is the system, how much is the QB (even Brady versus Brees), etc. Then, health destroys this, but lets just deal with when healthy. Then, one can guess how Kelce would do with Brees vs Brady in relation to Gronk and Graham.

Drew Brees is a great quarterback, eh? Anyway, Jimmy Graham has had success in the NFL. If Gronk didn't have Brady, would he be a Jimmy Graham? Or would he someone lesser? How about with Drew Brees pass happy system? Trying to gauge where Gronk is, how much is the system, how much is the QB (even Brady versus Brees), etc. Then, health destroys this, but lets just deal with when healthy. Then, one can guess how Kelce would do with Brees vs Brady in relation to Gronk and Graham.

Brees and Brady have made many receivers rich who go on to other teams and become average and vice versa. Welker without Brady and Manning?

Kelce is a lot like Reid. There will be warts, but the upside is too much to do anything but accept that it comes with the territory.

There are zero warts in any football aspect with Kelce. He is a 10 in any talent aspect.

Now, he may do something dumb like celebrate or party but his play on the field is exceptional.

There are zero warts in any football aspect with Kelce. He is a 10 in any talent aspect.

Now, he may do something dumb like celebrate or party but his play on the field is exceptional.

Agree. The warts of fumbling or not blocking either were learned from or was part of growth at the professional level.

Kelce is faster and more healthy. Gronk is more physical and has Brady..

I'll take Kelce over gronk. I said that last year and got shit for it.

If the 2 were equally healthy I still might take Kelce. I think he's better after the catch but it would be close. Kelce is slightly less of a knucklehead than gronk.

Archived