Could Dorsey Leave the Chiefs for the Pack?

Article says Reid has one more year left after this season

Yes but this is Dorsey's last. Reid got a 5 year, Dorsey got a 4 year contract.

Something was brought up earlier on the radio about if  Clark can only keep one of the two Dorsey or Ballard. Ballard has been a wanted commodity for years and has interviewed with  Tampa, Tennesseetwice & now the 9rs want to talk with him there must be something there. Could it be that Dorsey really isn't  all that and the SNAFU  with  waiting to resign Houston was on Dorsey costing $$?.  I heard something about dead $$ with Tamba but that was not clear too much noise in the back ground. Also is this Dr that has worked on  Charles & Houston Dorsey's choice?Last but not least is that 3rd rnd DB that got cut on Dorsey? Dorsey made some mistakes thats a given he's learning he also made some good choices as well  but is Ballard the heir apparent  and Dorsey is destined to go to GB? Could be some good drama in this early off season but unless the chiefs lose Dorsey  and Ballard I think the team is in good hands

Yes but this is Dorsey's last. Reid got a 5 year, Dorsey got a 4 year contract.

Something was brought up earlier on the radio about if Clark can only keep one of the two Dorsey or Ballard. Ballard has been a wanted commodity for years and has interviewed with Tampa, Tennesseetwice & now the 9rs want to talk with him there must be something there. Could it be that Dorsey really isn't all that and the SNAFU with waiting to resign Houston was on Dorsey costing $$?. I heard something about dead $$ with Tamba but that was not clear too much noise in the back ground. Also is this Dr that has worked on Charles & Houston Dorsey's choice?Last but not least is that 3rd rnd DB that got cut on Dorsey? Dorsey made some mistakes thats a given he's learning he also made some good choices as well but is Ballard the heir apparent and Dorsey is destined to go to GB? Could be some good drama in this early off season but unless the chiefs lose Dorsey and Ballard I think the team is in good hands

You turn things around as an organization other teams are going to start looking at your staff from coaches to front office guys. Just the nature of it.

Ravens have dealt with a similar situation in Decosta and Newsome. For years teams have tried to pry Decosta away from the Ravens and haven't been able to do so.

I don't know if it was Dorsey that sent both Charles and Houston to James Andrews but he is and has been probably the most respected sports surgeons in the country and teams from every league send their guys to him. Wasn't really a reason not to.

I still don't think he is going anywhere. He said this is his dream job,and his wife is from here. After the season is done in mid February hopefully he and Reid sign extensions. Plus KC has been pretty tight lipped about things like this so whose to say he and clark haven't already talked.

You turn things around as an organization other teams are going to start looking at your staff from coaches to front office guys. Just the nature of it.

Ravens have dealt with a similar situation in Decosta and Newsome. For years teams have tried to pry Decosta away from the Ravens and haven't been able to do so.

I don't know if it was Dorsey that sent both Charles and Houston to James Andrews but he is and has been probably the most respected sports surgeons in the country and teams from every league send their guys to him. Wasn't really a reason not to.

I still don't think he is going anywhere. He said this is his dream job,and his wife is from here. After the season is done in mid February hopefully he and Reid sign extensions. Plus KC has been pretty tight lipped about things like this so whose to say he and clark haven't already talked.

Ohh, his wife is from here. Then it is a done deal. There's no moving away from that. Just kidding.

Personally I think this is all about leverage to get a better contract. His agent probably put it out there. Smart. Dorsey absolutely deserves whatever he can get.

The Ballard thing is probably overblown.

Obviously, I hope we win the SB this year. But I also want to win this year so that our organization can't do anything stupid with Dorsey. It's not part of the cap, give them money.

I know that there is a certain amount that would set a precedent, but it'll be years before we would need to re-sign him. I don't know if owners stick together in keeping GM contracts lower, but I wouldn't trust it if they tried to because then they would be suggesting you to lowball a good GM and they come in and take your guy.

I'm starting to think this was always the plan. Dorsey cuts his GM teeth here in KC while grooming Ballard until Ted Thompson retires, then the job is his and can hit the ground running instead of having a learning curve. I feel that way about KU, Bill Self, and Danny Manning. Manning leaves KU to be a head coach, and when Self retires the job is his.

Archived